This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the fields are green!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 3:15pm
That's double cropping Shameless, no fuel cost this year for the crop just spray weeds and harvest when ready
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 9:49pm
we drove past a last years corn field today, the old lady.....oooops....I mean the loving wife asks why there are green strips about 5 ft wide across the field? I told her that's the grain that's going out the back of the combine. she says, you mean the grain that's supposed to go in the grain tank? I told her "YEP"! she said "wow, that looks like a lot of corn growing out there"! it is! I should have done the university test on that field too!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 10:59am
You could have taken a picture and had it posted in the paper and SHAMED the big shots that think they is so great. LOL  LOL we know you prolly do it since your our famous Shameless. Wink
 That is if ye just knew how to take a picture. LOLLOLLOL

I went past a place where they had combined rye, and I tell you that field was thick as hair on a sheep dog... So much rye on the ground that I don't think a drill could have put it on that thick... Was really funny looking at how it dwindled down out at the edges between the combining swaths... all the way across the field... sure was a wavy look to it.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 11:28am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

we drove past a last years corn field today, the old lady.....oooops....I mean the loving wife asks why there are green strips about 5 ft wide across the field? I told her that's the grain that's going out the back of the combine. she says, you mean the grain that's supposed to go in the grain tank? I told her "YEP"! she said "wow, that looks like a lot of corn growing out there"! it is! I should have done the university test on that field too!

My uncles' custom cutters left this a few years ago. Oopsey...
Not quite 5' wide, but still a solid band in every set of tracks. 

A few months ago I played the part of frustrated Deere combine owner, and called my local dealer for advice on getting rid of all the shoe loss I was having. He stalled a bit, then said there's honestly not much to help it, and still get a clean sample. Just the nature of the beast. 

Edited by CrestonM - 09 May 2018 at 11:30am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic