This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Talked to an AGCO rep today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 6:30am
A  few years ago I was invited by another tractor/equuipment company to their proving grounds to critique the new prototypes.  I asked if their equipment could be painted any other color.  I was surprised to learn that all I  would need to do was to furnish a color chip.
Sponsored Links

Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 7:43am
Lonn, I would disagree and say that the mission of any business public or private is to increase shareholder/owner value.  Unless it is being run so that the owner can live a certain lifestyle like a hobby farm or a B&B.
I could not see a farm equipment company being a lifestyle business though.  They need to make money in a ruthless business.  If they aren't ruthless too, they won't be there to participate.
At least DA and Agco got the orange to survive a little longer after Allis Chalmers, (yes, AC) dumped it.
steve View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:17am
I agree that it is foolish to drop the orange. I purchased a tractor this spring, and looked hard for  a compact alliis, atleast it would be orange, but went with Kubota. It was a realy nice product, price and features and of course it was a pretty good match for corporate orange. If we can order different color cars and trucks, why not tractors. I'm certian that dealers would stock the color which sold the best in their area. Paint color is a small edge dealers could offer, but every little bit helps. Challanger yellow is almost as bad as jd-green. I wonder how many of the buisness leaders at agco have a true agriculture background, family loyalty to a quality product is a built in market share, which should be built on and not ignored.
51 CA, 57 CA, 53 CA(in progress)
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Spud Spud wrote:

Lonn, I would disagree and say that the mission of any business public or private is to increase shareholder/owner value.  Unless it is being run so that the owner can live a certain lifestyle like a hobby farm or a B&B.
I could not see a farm equipment company being a lifestyle business though.  They need to make money in a ruthless business.  If they aren't ruthless too, they won't be there to participate.
At least DA and Agco got the orange to survive a little longer after Allis Chalmers, (yes, AC) dumped it.

I don't agree. There are vultures who buy up companies for one reason. To gut them. Every company AGCO has bought they SEEM to have gutted. Any how you look at it AGCO is off my list.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
Spud.  Son, I think you need to stop smoking Wall Street crack and I mean that in the most caring and sincere way possible.  We have yet to feel the true impact from the economy that Wall Street is producing.  Yes you need to make money to maintain and grow a company but Wall Street wants you to make it fast and every quarter no matter the long term cost.  Used to be, and still is with privately held companies, that companies would invest in the future.  Sometimes you have to spend, and therefore, loose money to make it.  With the Wall Street mentality they only care about the current and next quarter.  So if they can save $50,000 next quarter on paper, by cutting out say a color, then they'll do it and to heck with a year down the road.  They will continue to squeeze blood from a turnip until there is no value left in that turnip.  That's why a lot of companies move overseas.  Do you think they do it for their employees, customers or quality of product?  They do it to save a few bucks.  The montra is buy or use your good name and put it on some junk products that you build cheap from China.  People will buy it, even though the quality has gone down, because you have a good name that someone built up over the years.  In a short time though, your name will be junk and all you will have is junk products with a junk name.  The CEO will not care because he will have taken his millions and left.  Two names you can watch do this now is Milwaukee tool and Vise Grip both of which are made in China now.  In the end the only hope for these companies will be that these companies, and ones like them, have turned us into a throw away society.  So by the time their names are junk people won't care they'll just buy another one and they'll get to profit again.

So, my friend, Wall Street companies like AGCO don't care about you or me.  They care about lining their pockets and raising stock.  My point before about AGCO having to generate ideas from within instead of buying up companies is going to be a tough pill for them to swallow.  Yes the RT, DT and super 7 are cutting edge but their not going to be able to make as much money on them as they have buying up good companies, stripping them and moving on which is how they were founded.  Tye, Glencoe, Farmhand, etc. people understand that.

clovis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clovis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Makes me think maybe Mahindra has the right idea.  Simple tractors for the masses.  

Once upon a time, there was a guy who had the same idea with automobiles.

Simple, inexpensive to purchase, cheap to operate and repair...that guy sold millions of them.

Can anyone say "Henry Ford, and his Model T"? 
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by clovis clovis wrote:

Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Makes me think maybe Mahindra has the right idea.  Simple tractors for the masses.  

Once upon a time, there was a guy who had the same idea with automobiles.

Simple, inexpensive to purchase, cheap to operate and repair...that guy sold millions of them.

Can anyone say "Henry Ford, and his Model T"? 

I was thinking the All-Crop...
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Byron WC in SW Wi Byron WC in SW Wi wrote:

Spud.  Son, I think you need to stop smoking Wall Street crack and I mean that in the most caring and sincere way possible.  We have yet to feel the true impact from the economy that Wall Street is producing.  Yes you need to make money to maintain and grow a company but Wall Street wants you to make it fast and every quarter no matter the long term cost.  Used to be, and still is with privately held companies, that companies would invest in the future.  Sometimes you have to spend, and therefore, loose money to make it.  With the Wall Street mentality they only care about the current and next quarter.  So if they can save $50,000 next quarter on paper, by cutting out say a color, then they'll do it and to heck with a year down the road.  They will continue to squeeze blood from a turnip until there is no value left in that turnip.  That's why a lot of companies move overseas.  Do you think they do it for their employees, customers or quality of product?  They do it to save a few bucks.  The montra is buy or use your good name and put it on some junk products that you build cheap from China.  People will buy it, even though the quality has gone down, because you have a good name that someone built up over the years.  In a short time though, your name will be junk and all you will have is junk products with a junk name.  The CEO will not care because he will have taken his millions and left.  Two names you can watch do this now is Milwaukee tool and Vise Grip both of which are made in China now.  In the end the only hope for these companies will be that these companies, and ones like them, have turned us into a throw away society.  So by the time their names are junk people won't care they'll just buy another one and they'll get to profit again.

So, my friend, Wall Street companies like AGCO don't care about you or me.  They care about lining their pockets and raising stock.  My point before about AGCO having to generate ideas from within instead of buying up companies is going to be a tough pill for them to swallow.  Yes the RT, DT and super 7 are cutting edge but their not going to be able to make as much money on them as they have buying up good companies, stripping them and moving on which is how they were founded.  Tye, Glencoe, Farmhand, etc. people understand that.

Bryon,
You and Spud are saying the same thing.  To "increase shareholder/owner value" is another of way of saying  "lining their pockets and raising stock(prices)". What you have just rightly pointed out the short-term, short-sighted methods of doing it.

In publicly owned companies, the CEO has two obligations:  (1)Running the business in a manner that insures short and long term profitably,  (2)Increasing shareholder value (stock price).  Often these two task compliment each other, sometimes they conflict.  Sometimes one task is given more undue attention over the other.  Seems to me these days task #2 gets too much attention leading to the practices you mention at the sacrifice of task #1.

If I ever owned a large company, dont think I could ever make it public for these reasons. I am a task  #1 man thru and thru.

Edited by TomYaz - 27 Jan 2011 at 1:35pm
clint View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:00pm
i havent posted much in a long time, but,

legally- the management of a company owes a legal obligation to shareholders to maximize value. that simple- they can and are reg sued for failure to do that.

i own 1 acgo tractor and a mower/cond., and 2 acgo allis tractors. if we wanted aorange paint, we should have bought more of them. that simple.
Our farms stuff: agco gt55, AA 8775, 8765, 6080, 185, 180, 175, 170, d15, d14, d14, wd, wd, wd, g, F3, L3, R62
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:13pm
Lonn, Bryon, Clovis,Tom, and others,  you are all hitting the nail on the head.  Big Government is supposed to protect us little people from Big Business, but they have their Big Hands in each others pockets so deep that we have no real chance.  Just look at what has happened with our CD interest rates, Mutual Funds,and what they are going to do to Social Security.  We have few options left.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 2:27pm
As you lament, just realize that the folks who are "maximizing shareholder value" are the ones who sell those shares once the value has been "maximized".

Anyone who has studied basic statistics knows that the only place to go, once you have REALLY reached the MAXIMUM, is DOWN....
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by clint clint wrote:

legally- the management of a company owes a legal obligation to shareholders to maximize value. that simple- they can and are reg sued for failure to do that.

i own 1 acgo tractor and a mower/cond., and 2 acgo allis tractors. if we wanted aorange paint, we should have bought more of them. that simple.

That's why it's a mistake to go public sometimes and there were 4 times more orange tractors sold in the US than red and yellow combines. 11 times more Gleaners with orange stripes. You're not making sense and neither is AGCO. Think about it a while.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
redline View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 4:14pm
Do you suppose those stock holders will take their "earnings"-for lack of a better word, and buy massey equipment?  I don't think so, either. Management needs to spend more time kissing up to the customers (and employees)-they are the people actually carrying the load. The others are merely parasites as near as I can tell.
If it weren't for the last minute, I wouldn't get anything done!
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Lonn Lonn wrote:

That's why it's a mistake to go public sometimes and there were 4 times more orange tractors sold in the US than red and yellow combines. 11 times more Gleaners with orange stripes. You're not making sense and neither is AGCO. Think about it a while.

Agree with Lonn,  Sometimes the fiduciary responsibilty  to increase stock price results in actions opposite of what the actual business is doing.  Sometimes "buying more of them" has no effect.

Consider this..a company may be doing just fine...selling lot of product, making good money with nothing in the mid term future seeable such as foriegn competition or higher taxes that would change it.  However since the stock price is flat due to reasons unrelated to the performance of the company; lets say inflation for instance, management in its goal to "increase shareholder value" decides to offfshore..They announce how much MORE money this SHOULD make them in the future.  The market goes abuzz, the stock price rises.  Mission accomplished. This move has nothing to do with being "competitive", or trying to stay afloat. Sucks to be you if you are going to lose your job.   Thats capitalism in America today. 

Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 9:26pm

The thing I hate about AGCO the most is to me they have no true identity.  What are they really?  Massey? Challenger? Fendt? Gleaner? Sunflower?  Red? Yellow? Green? Silver?  it's to confusing for the average person.  What is John Deere?  John Deere.  What color is John Deere, green, anybody can answer that question.  The other thing I hate is that they keep changing the logo all the time now, AGCO inside a box, AGCO outside a box,  then it's orange, now it's red probably be yellow next....A-C used one logo from 1965 till the end. 

Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
Steve M C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 10:55pm
No question that AGCO has an identity crisis.Who are they really? They claim they are "Your Agriculture Company". Says who?
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2011 at 11:04pm
I think we're on the verge of a political discussion here. Didn't this maximum stock value thing start in the 80's when a lot of big old companies were bought and split into seperate small "new" companies and spun off for cash. Hostile takeovers causing companies to shelve R&D and use the cash to boost the bottom line. Shipping jobs overseas to lower costs and sell the US real estate. Greed is good!
TexasAllis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by redline redline wrote:

Allis Chalmers was sure as heck a global company. The only reason Agco isn't a global company now is because Agco dropped the ball. Provide an entire product line under the Agco-Allis banner and just watch what happens. Putting the orange product line on a starvation diet sure isn't going to allow them to flourish.
By forgetting the old adage, "the customer is always right", they have pretty well sealed their fate. I am a customer, and what I do has a lot more to do with the future of the company than a bunch of stockbrokers. Stockbrokers haven't displayed a lot of great judgement lately anyway. Why would you want to kiss up to them?
If they try to sell me an orange machine that still says "massey" on it anywhere, it won't work.

A global company and a global brand are two different things.  I am not defending AGCO and I don't like what they are doing any more than you do but it's all about brand recognition.  Go ask any person on the street if they have heard of Massy and then ask them if they have heard of Allis.  I'd bet money Massey gets the most votes.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 7:38am
Originally posted by redline redline wrote:

Do you suppose those stock holders will take their "earnings"-for lack of a better word, and buy massey equipment?  I don't think so, either. Management needs to spend more time kissing up to the customers (and employees)-they are the people actually carrying the load. The others are merely parasites as near as I can tell.

Parasite is a great way of describing stockholders today. They will suck blood from the host not caring if it kills the host or not. If it does kill the host they move on to another. If it doesn't then they'll stay and continue to live off of others hard work. It's the system we are "blessed" with and I don't see anyway out. That is until we end the Fed. OK, now I've officially crossed the political line. That's enough from me.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
clint View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:36am
maximum value for shareholders has been around 500 years since the first corporation.

my point is, they have a legal duty to make the most out of what they have- for the shareholders. a lot of you are retired or have 401k plans- you realize that you want the most production out of your investments so you can live on the money, right?

right or wrong fellas, this is the law.

and lonn, i think i was making sense- what i am saying is that i own 3 agco tractors. how many that complain about them dropping orange own any? what i said is if people were really upset about it, we should have ordered 10x more and saved the color based on demand.

i love AC, but they are just a means to an end for me. i dont get a premium for running ac- i have never been asked by my buyers what tractors i run. they are tools. if you like the tool- i can see from a purely objective point of view that the color shouldnt matter- it is the machine you are buying. if you like a ford truck and hate chevy, etc- i doubt you would buy an orange chevy just because you couldnt get that color in ford. we are talking about the machine itself- i doubt it knows what color it is.

and- the federal reserve has exactly zero to do with the laws of corporations- this stuff was set up a long time ago- i spent a long time studying them a long way back- you are right about us being stuck with the system though Lonn- corporations move to better states based on the laws in those states- at one point almost all major corporations were incorporated in delaware- most big players still are bc that state decided they would have the most business friendly laws for them.

i dont fault management for trying to maximize shareholder value- i expect it- i want to retire someday and stock growth is what most of us bank on one way or another (read- insurance here as well)
Our farms stuff: agco gt55, AA 8775, 8765, 6080, 185, 180, 175, 170, d15, d14, d14, wd, wd, wd, g, F3, L3, R62
Dave in il View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in il Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:44am
Somehow once you get outside the midwest or even in urban areas here I think the only equipment maker names the majority of people could identify would be John Deere and CAT.

Don't blame stockholder for management stratigies. If your company has a retirement fund that they manage, (not a 401K) you are holding stocks even if you didn't pick them. A diversified portfolio in a mutual fund may well include "agricultural sector" stocks so you may own stock in John Deere or Agco right now. LOL

And as far as saving orange if we bought more tractors, they were already Agcos best selling brand in N.A. and they dumped they it anyway, I'm sure if they were selling 10 orange tractors for each red or yellow it would not have changed anything.

Edited by Dave in il - 28 Jan 2011 at 8:50am
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 8:50am
Lonn.  I suspect you are one of the parisites that you say you despise.  Do you have any kind of a pension plan at work.  Do you have a 401K?  These all invest in companies.  They try to invest in successful companies.
If your 401K manager came and said that we are trying to decide between investing in a successful company or investing in an effort to bring back Studebakers because there are people out there that like them and damn the cost, it is the right thing to do, which would you prefer he did?
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:06am

Lonn.  I suspect you are one of the parisites that you say you despise.  Do you have any kind of a pension plan at work.  Do you have a 401K?  These all invest in companies.  They try to invest in successful companies.
If your 401K manager came and said that we are trying to decide between investing in a successful company or investing in an effort to bring back Studebakers because there are people out there that like them and damn the cost, it is the right thing to do, which would you prefer he did?

That's why I said We are "blessed" with this system, meaning we are stuck with it and I don't know a way out. We are all part of it like it or not.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Spud View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:15am

For all its faults, I still think we live in the best system in the world.  The democratic capitialistic societies are still the most prosperous in the world.

It is not perfect but it beats the alternatives.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:19am

maximum value for shareholders has been around 500 years since the first corporation.

my point is, they have a legal duty to make the most out of what they have- for the shareholders. a lot of you are retired or have 401k plans- you realize that you want the most production out of your investments so you can live on the money, right?

right or wrong fellas, this is the law.

and lonn, i think i was making sense- what i am saying is that i own 3 agco tractors. how many that complain about them dropping orange own any? what i said is if people were really upset about it, we should have ordered 10x more and saved the color based on demand.

i love AC, but they are just a means to an end for me. i dont get a premium for running ac- i have never been asked by my buyers what tractors i run. they are tools. if you like the tool- i can see from a purely objective point of view that the color shouldnt matter- it is the machine you are buying. if you like a ford truck and hate chevy, etc- i doubt you would buy an orange chevy just because you couldnt get that color in ford. we are talking about the machine itself- i doubt it knows what color it is.

and- the federal reserve has exactly zero to do with the laws of corporations- this stuff was set up a long time ago- i spent a long time studying them a long way back- you are right about us being stuck with the system though Lonn- corporations move to better states based on the laws in those states- at one point almost all major corporations were incorporated in delaware- most big players still are bc that state decided they would have the most business friendly laws for them.

i dont fault management for trying to maximize shareholder value- i expect it- i want to retire someday and stock growth is what most of us bank on one way or another (read- insurance here as well)

You don't make sense because you are OK with a decision AGCO made that devalues your orange AGCO tractors and because AGCO orange was selling 4 to 1 over AGCO yellow and red combines you say we didn't buy enough. Did we buy enough yellow Challengers in the US? How about red Masseys? That's why you don't make sense. 

Also if you really studied how money flows you will see that the answer to many, many of our problems rests with the Fed. But you have to dig deeper than just looking at how a corporation works to understand how the Fed has kept everything in la la land. What exactly was the original purpose of corporations clint? They don't meet that original purpose at all today so to compare corporations of today to those early in our country's history is comparing apples to oranges.

Anybody who relies on money made from nothing for their retirement relies on smoke and mirrors. You might get lucky despite yourself but it would be just luck. The luck is in the timing and has nothing to do with real work.

Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:20am

For all its faults, I still think we live in the best system in the world.  The democratic capitialistic societies are still the most prosperous in the world.

It is not perfect but it beats the alternatives.

This system is coming to an end. Socialists have taken over a long time ago and they are winding down true freedom of the markets. It's not a dem vs repub thing either.
Now that's enough on this here. Bring it up in the political forum if you guys want to discuss these intricacies further.

Edited by Lonn - 28 Jan 2011 at 9:22am
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
clint View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 9:25am
you are comparing orange tractor sales to combines? how does that make sense?

all we are talking about is a color- from there view- the color means a lot to me for heritage reasons- but from a farming view- what difference does it make if it is yellow or red if it is the same machine?

how many orange agco tractors do you own? did you but one to drive orange demand?

corporations were started to allow an entity to function without personal recourse to investors if the entity failed- the exact same reason we have them today.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:10am

you are comparing orange tractor sales to combines? how does that make sense?

Who's comparing orange tractor sales to combines? I'm comparing orange AGCO tractor sales in the US to red Massey and yellow Challenger sales in the US.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:14am

all we are talking about is a color- from there view- the color means a lot to me for heritage reasons- but from a farming view- what difference does it make if it is yellow or red if it is the same machine?

corporations were started to allow an entity to function without personal recourse to investors if the entity failed- the exact same reason we have them today.

When you take a hit based on the color of a tractor that is a good reason to want to promote the color you have to be continued. Of course it makes no difference to those who don't own orange.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 10:19am

how many orange agco tractors do you own? did you but one to drive orange demand?

I own orange tractors. They take a hit too just like the AGCO orange do. My L2 takes a hit if Gleaner goes away. I'll guarantee it. Now I have a cousin who I have worked for from time to time that has owned AGCO orange tractors. He has two right now. He has a red Case combine but so when he was talking about trading for a Gleaner this year he has to now take into account of what value a Gleaner will have down the road if Gleaner is eliminated. I doubt now he will get into a Gleaner based solely on that. His orange AGCOs will take a hit I assure you. Right now it isn't noticed cause the farmers had a record year around here but that time is coming when his iron will be worth less because there is no more orange. History with Allis and Deutz proves that.
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic