This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUV ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUV ?
    Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:06pm
Guys and gals my wife is looking at a Chev Traverse and a Kia Telluride. Does anyone have an opinion of these suv,s. Is there any good or bad of one over the other? Thanks Gary
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:25pm
what I know...
Wife bought  a 1999 Honda CRV,new, drove for 20 years was a great car, NO major expenses.....
She now has a Nissian Qashqui (smaller than rogue....) ,jury's still out...

look at power train warranty, miles/years
google 'vehicle/year/ problems'

get both for at least a 1hr test drive, city and highway,before signing ANY papers...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 6:31pm
Company has rented a 19 Traverse for me for the last 2 months.  It rides nice, sits up high enough it's easy to get in and out of.  I don't like the fact there is no live 12v plugs, they all go dead with the engine.  The Buick Encore is the same thing but I like the ride and it's quieter.  I'm kinda bias, I can't stand a Kia anything, not that it's foreign, I just don't like em.
Maximum use of available resources!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 7:47pm
the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife says that several of her co-workers have a traverse, says they all like the vehicle, and the police dept has one too. BIL bought a new kia mini van, he's 6'8" and has to have his head bent down some while driving it. don't know why he would have bought it if he test drove it that way. kia was the worlds largest bicycle crank maker, then they started producing vehicles. makes me wonder how they evolved from that?
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 8:01pm
Not same but daughter has had 2 Kia, A Sorento and now a Sportage, she likes them and has had no troubles.  She had 3 Toyota, 2 Highlander that she loved, then a four runner, did not like that so went back to the Kia.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 1:29am
Personally I would probably buy the KIA, but did you check the spare tire?  When I was looking in 16 for a new car, KIA did not have a spare tire.  It might be KIA that is now offering up to 5 years 0% loans.  It's one of them.  Might want to check out Hyundai as well.

I'm not sure about a GM!  But I'd probably pass on it.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 6:27am
Gary, do you need to accommodate back seat passengers much?  Unless they've changed them, back seat access SUCKS. 
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:33am
Thanks guys. Wife I think is leaning toward the telluride. She has had 3 sorentos and have been trouble free. Myself I prefer a truck,but have to keep wife happy. ha! ha! Have a good day. Gary
Steve M Ind View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Ind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 7:58am
The Buick Enclave is the same as the Chevy Traverse. The Buick Encore is the same as the Chevy Trax.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Steve M Ind Steve M Ind wrote:

The Buick Enclave is the same as the Chevy Traverse. The Buick Encore is the same as the Chevy Trax.

Yep, we had an Enclave, I called it the unlucky car, got rear ended twice in that thing. After they repaired it the road noise was terrible.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2021 at 9:39am
After a full size Tahoe, we got my wife a 2012 GMC Acadia (she ended up totaling it).  Then got a 2016 Chevy Traverse.  I didn't drive them too much but I've driven the Traverse on a couple trips.  I'm a big guy and I can get comfortable in the Traverse.  It's a nice ride.  The Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and Chevy Traverse are all essentially the same vehicle.  But they are different in terms of fancy options, etc.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2021 at 12:39am
my old lady talked alot about the Tahoes, so we went test driving one day, she really liked it, then i put her in a suburban...guess what she came home with? yep...the burb! she liked her old suburban, and now loves her new one! i got her old one, but that's o-k, it's lower to the ground than my trucks, sometimes that's o-k! we are not small car people. get what ever she's happy with, there are lots of them to choose from. just remember...don't cross the center line in a small car while meeting me, you'll be looking at how clean it is under my truck! lol
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 9:36am
Well wife drove a traverse yesterday and that is what she wants now. So the trading process starts monday. have a good day. Gary
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:23am

Well,,I been kinda lookin at the new line of smaller SUV's and I like the Buick ones pretty much. We still have an "almost new"  2005 Toyota Sequoia with less than 85,231 miles that has been parked in the boat shed,,, I just looked at the license plate and last year registered was in 2017. That was about when the wife's health issues started. I have to renew a form from MVD so I don't have to get insurance or register it since it has not moved since then. I drive it around the neighborhood bout once a month. The wife just cannot stand to have me sell it and it is too dang high to get her in and out without  a lot of gruntin and pfartin on my part,,,,LOL
 Maybe I could trade it and some Prized Black Label to ole Gordy for that T-Bird,,,,,,Wink
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:27am
One thing that bugs me about the whole process and maybe it's just me.  Final assembly point?  I know the pieces and parts come from all over the world.  For example, I've had a couple of  Buicks and now the Buick Envision is assembled in China.  That's a deal breaker for me.  There may be as many foreign brands assembled in U.S. as there are domestic brands assembled here.  I guess when vehicles get older no one knows or cares about who put it together.  This issue also probably applies to farm equipment as well.  Anyway, just an observation.  The excuse is we're in a world-wide economy.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 2:50pm
I know it wasnt in the choices, but a Ford Escape is a nice suv
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:45pm
I bought a Jeep Cherokee with the V6 3.2 engine and has been good to me so far , don't drive a lot but have averaged 23 MPG with it for driving I do .
 Pulled a small trailer on a trip down to near Omaha to bring a bike back for son and mileage suffered some as it went down to 19 running 70 MPH on the freeway . Rated at over 4,000 towing capacity and the 9 speed transmission is nice , can only feel it shift when cold and in first couple ranges .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 7:38pm
I guess I am getting really old.  I like my old 2002 dodge diesel 2500 4 wheel drive and my 2008 ford f150 stick shift.  I do not need a tv screen on the dash or all the BS to back me up.  I still can back a pu and trailer.   If you can't back up then you do not need to be driving.   Just my humble opinion . 
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by festus51 festus51 wrote:

I guess I am getting really old.  I like my old 2002 dodge diesel 2500 4 wheel drive and my 2008 ford f150 stick shift.  I do not need a tv screen on the dash or all the BS to back me up.  I still can back a pu and trailer.   If you can't back up then you do not need to be driving.   Just my humble opinion . 

I like my 05 3500 too, but, Happy Wife, Happy Life!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 7:21am
Wife has BU camera in 17 Exploder, does not use it as to her is distracting, cannot discern what she is looking at all distorted in TV Screen.  Just another waste of money and technology.

Buddy of mine out west, works for a large truck fleet, they now have BU and rear view camera systems on semi's, automatic steering over ride arrived on most recent Freight Shakers, has a onboard computer system that measures outside temps, scans road surface where if or As senses icy conditions slows truck down, if senses Snow puts it in crawl mode.  If driver(Also Scanned) shows low attention is given a audible warning, if ignored steers truck to shoulder and stops machine.

Semi Automatic Transmissions CANNOT be pulled/dragged in neutral if engine not running as from down in a ditch up to roadway, destroys internals, can no longer just pop axle shafts to tow, MUST drop drive shaft unless tow from behind.  Can do temporary over ride of automatic shifts, but system is on timers, cannot be left over ridden and only good for short durations in a specified time allotment.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
I don't know what all techy stuff is involved but I really like the back up camera in my wife's SUV. It let's you see to the side backing out of angled parking when a big truck or van is next to you before your butt is in the way of parking lot speeder flying by.

And yes I can back a trailer with the mirror. And the big truck sounds like a accident waiting to happen after a mouse pee's on the "brain". 
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 6:45pm
Well the wife done it. Drove another Traverse and bought it. I didn't even get to ride with her in second Traverse test drive. ha! ha! Have a good day. Gary
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
her money, her ride, YOU get to fix it  ,right ????Wink
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic