This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ST35/MF1533 pto clutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ST35/MF1533 pto clutch
    Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 11:38pm
Mine is still red but someday it will turn orange...  Anyway, when I brushhog heavy weeds, the pto slows down and stops until I lift the mower or get into lighter material.  I assume the clutch is slipping but being an electric engage system I'm wondering if it is something to do with not enough electric power to keep the pto going.  Any ideas?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 4:38am
Some EC's have an air gap adjustment...  I'd check that first...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2019 at 10:59pm
Thanks Dave, how do I do that?

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 5:04am
Keep in mind that These procedures are different for each clutch in question, and that these clutches can be completely worn out , and adjustment can be worthless, if there is too much wear...

Here's a video on 2 of the most popular EPTO clutches.  He also has linked to other videos, that may be helpful...

[TUBE]hZNILWqmcEg[/TUBE]
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 1:03am
Thanks Dave, but my tractor has an internal pto clutch to run the rear pto.  This is a 35 hp tractor with a normal looking rear end housing.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 4:39am
That number sounded a little big, for a lawnmower type clutch.  Yours prolly has worn out the lining.  I'd go to agco, and see what is involved in the service manual...  Good luckWink

On doing a little more research, using the tractor # and the term pto clutch repair, your tractor has a electricaly activated hydraulic pressure activated pto clutch.  and the activation has a fuse, and is tied in with the seat switch.  Lotsa stuff that can be checked, switches, fuses, hyd pressure , etc...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 19 Aug 2019 at 4:52am
Mike R. in Maine View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike R. in Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:51am
Look at the very bottom of the transmission, you'll find a small steel line that applies pressure to your pto clutch. A lot of them get hit and pinched / bent and causes the clutch to get less than full pressure.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:01pm
Thanks for the advice, will check it out.  The tractor was used since new to pull irrigation pipe trailers and the PTO and 3 point were never used.  I bought it out of Idaho several years ago.  The PTO seems strong but then when the mower hits some tall weeds it just slows down and sometimes stops.  If I lift it up it will start running again and work fine as long as it doesn't have to work too hard.  Humm, kinda like me...
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 6:06pm
Unfortunately the tube under the tractor looks like new, no dents or kinks.  Any other ideas?  I changed the oil and filter last year but it only has 18 hours on it since then and is stored in a shed.

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 4:34am
Does it have a suction screen, for the hyd pump, that could be blocked?Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic