This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SPRING AHEAD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SPRING AHEAD
    Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:43am
Don't forget to shove your clocks ahead 1 Hour when going to bed tonight if you live where Day Light Savings Time is a Fact of Life

Sponsored Links

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 9:32pm
Seems a little early to move our clocks ahead a hour.    But it's done.   Night Night all
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:15am
Seems to me that I heard that daylight savings time was thought up by some wealthy city folks that wanted to get an extra hour of golfing in in the evening after they got off work. Well, unless snow golf is a new trend, it's a little early for golfing. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Golfing in the snow. Think how many $$$$$ can be made by introducing BLACK Golf Balls.
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 11:19am
me thinks it was ol Ben Franklin what thought this chit up,,,,

if we gots to have it ,,,,for me we could split the difference and just change it 30 min. and leave it alone,,,

next couple of days is gona be all messed up for me,,,,then i get used to it and next thing ya know it has to change back,,,,bull chit if you ask me,,,,,but nobody did,,,,lol,,,,usually dont ask me anything

kinda gettin to where that dont bother me neither ,,,lol

ocharry
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 12:55pm
Need to set clocks forward at 4:00 friday , not middle of the night on a weekend
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 1:59pm
Old Indian sayin;
Only white man cut off end of blanket,
sew it onto other end,
and then 'sell' it as longer blanket.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2019 at 5:21pm
Lars  LOL Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 9:38pm
My 96: year old mom said this was started during ww1 or ww2. My memory is crap? It was save electricty, kerosene, or whatever fuel you were using to light your home/business. Had more for military use.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:23pm
It's going to take a while for my Biological Clock to get in time with the Clock on the wall . Like Getting up at 1 for my midnight snack.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:29pm

During World War I, in an effort to conserve fuel, Germany began observing DST on May 1, 1916. The rest of Europe soon followed. The plan was not adopted in the United States until the Standard Time Act of March 19, 1918, which confirmed the existing standard time zone system and set summer DST to begin on March 31, 1918 (reverting October 27).[4] The idea was unpopular and Congress abolished DST after the war, overriding President Woodrow Wilson's veto.[5] DST became a local option and was observed in some states until World War II, when President Franklin Roosevelt instituted year-round DST, called "War Time", on February 9, 1942.[6] It lasted until the last Sunday (the 30th) in September 1945. After 1945 many states and cities east of the Mississippi River (and mostly north of the Ohio and Potomac rivers) adopted summer DST.[7]

From 1945 to 1966 there was no federal law on daylight saving time, so localities could choose when it began and ended or drop it entirely. As of 1954, only California and Nevada had statewide DST west of the Mississippi, and only a few cities between Nevada and St. Louis. In the 1964 Official Railway Guide, 21 of the 48 contiguous states had no DST anywhere.

1966–1972: Federal standard established[edit]

By 1962, the transportation industry found the lack of consistency confusing enough to push for federal regulation. The result was the Uniform Time Act of 1966 (P.L. 89-387). Beginning in 1967, the act mandated standard time within the established time zones and provided for advanced time: clocks would be advanced one hour beginning at 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday in April and turned back one hour at 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday in October. States were allowed to exempt themselves from DST as long as the entire state did so. If a state chose to observe DST, the time changes were required to begin and end on the established dates.

Edited by steve(ill) - 11 Mar 2019 at 10:31pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2019 at 10:44pm
well I forgots to set mine ahead, went in for coffee at 0430 in town and missed everyone! (duh)
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 12:35pm
That's why they missed picking you up on that restraining order you violated.  Lucky you. Wink

Edited by chaskaduo - 12 Mar 2019 at 12:36pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic