This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

speaking of eggs....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: speaking of eggs....
    Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:56pm
made eggs and bacon for lunch today...took the eggs we just bought outta the fridge and went to crack them on the grill...cept they didn't crack open...they was froze solid! i've never seen eggs frozen in the shell before! i peeled them like a hard boiled egg and put the thing on the grill, watched as they melted and cooked. looked like any other egg that i've cooked, tasted the same, so i'm wondering if the stores freeze them to keep them from spoiling? anyone else seen this?
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:58pm
It happens here in the winter...You have to pick em fast before the eggshell cracks.
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 6:57am
Our last round of leghorns continued laying right through the middle of winter, -15F and they just kept going... and MOST of the time, by the time we could get to 'em, they were all frozen and cracked.

Bring 'em in, wash'em off good, and put 'em in the freezer... they're still good, just so long as you get them CLEAN...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:22am
Remember aboard ship when mess cooks were cracking eggs into large tub - then scrambling the full thing later for breakfast . 
 Then when we were at sea for a while watching them empty large cans of frozen pre scrambled eggs into same pot and waiting for them to defrost . 
 Never could taste the difference  - but the canned bacon - now that one could tell how old it was - something about bacon in the can from 1945, date listed on the label, made one wonder how long it was good for .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 11:47am

CHIT,,,when I seen the title of this thread,,,I thought,,"I HAVE GOT to put my $.02 in on this one,,,until I noticed my ole BUDDY was the author,,,,,,and thought,,"What the heck?"
  I don't have anything to add but lookin for some medical info,,,,,if ole Shameless don't mind me hi jacking his thread,,,,,LOL
 My Grandson talked his Daddy into buyin him some chickies and TWO ducks last spring and I finally had to get rid on the male duck as he kept wantin to mount the chickies as well as the female duck too,,,!!! Well, I finally took the male to a farmers tank and threw him over the fence to join some other ducks there,,,,,
  Soon as I done that,,the chickies AND the female duck started to lay bout 4-6 eggs per day. Thas good as I love eggs with bacon in the mornings pretty good. 
 BUt ,,I'm wanting to know what the latest "Science" is on eating too many eggs a day? I now eat 2 chickie eggs bout every other day and NO duck eggs cause I read where the duck eggs have lots more cholesterol than chickie eggs,,,??
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic