This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Fabrication photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Fabrication photos
    Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:31pm
Sponsored Links

bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 12:54pm
Looks good, nice and heavy built. Now lets are some pics of the whole tractor!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
shaunAC220 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 1:44pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 2:41pm
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 2:47pm
Looking like a 220      , where are u planning on bolting the hitch? Oh I see what you have, my phone pic was too small

Edited by DougG - 20 Jul 2014 at 8:08pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 3:18pm
it is a 220, and most pulls around me say no higher than 20" off the ground so im hoping to get it as high as i can.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2014 at 5:13pm
You should consider scrapping that drawbar design. It is tooooo long!! You want to be as short as possible and that is 18 inches from the center of the rear wheel to the pull point for any normal kind of drawbar rules. You must be 30 inches long or more with that set-up. Take the crossbar that the regular drawbar roller rests/rolls on and turn it around arc forwards. Next, take a 3/4" or 1" thick plate 5 inches wide by 8 inches front to back and cut a 3 inch diameter hole in it keeping 1 inch away from the sides and one end. Lay it on top of your reversed crossbar and get it as short as possible and drill holes to bolt it to the crossbar. Shim this new pull plate to get your 20 inch height. Use Gr 8 bolts to hold the cross bar in place. You can also make something to go forward to actually "pull" from the normal pull pin if desired.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:11am
I'm 24" long with this set up. we cut the draw bar down a lot and built off of it. and i thing that would be an awesome design but it sound like a hitch off a bigger class. im just trying too stay close too the rules.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:23am
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaunAC220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 9:33am
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2014 at 10:53pm
By normal drawbar rules, the drawbar pull point can only be 1 1/2 inches thick maximum. Yours looks thicker than that to me.
BrettPhillips View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettPhillips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2014 at 9:52pm
The steel is plenty heavy, but if the welds on the hook ring are just single pass fillet welds, you may be surprised at what happens after a few good hooks.  Being a welding inspector has taught me not to trust welds as much as I used to.  My favorite stock pulling hitch is a simple 1" plate with a 4" ID ring on one end and two holes to match the drawbar holes on the other end. Bolts and spacers/washers will let you adjust as fine as 1/16" if you want to (and you should).

Edited by BrettPhillips - 23 Jul 2014 at 9:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic