This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SOLD
    Posted: 19 May 2010 at 9:22pm
SOLD A 720 FOR A FRIEND 7 years ago. HE HAS HAD IT FOR 4-5 YEARS, BUT HAS SAT THE LAST 3 IN THE SHED, SO HE HAS DECIDED TO SELL IT. IT DOES RUN PRETTY WELL, BUT COULD USE A LITTLE TLC, AND CARB ATTENTION. IT HAS THE MOWER DECK(60INCH), BUT THE 3 POINT LOWER ARMS ARE MISSING. THE UPPER ARMS ARE THERE FOR THE MOWER LIFT CABLES THOUGH. PREVIOUS OWNER PAINTED IT WITH SOME CHEAP PAINT, AND OVER CHIPS AND SOME DENTS. IT HAS A TEMPORARY BATTERY INSTALLED TO RUN IT, BUYER WILL WANT TO PUT THE CORRECT SETUP BACK IN. TIRES IN REAR ARE THE ORIGINALS, OK SHAPE, BUT NOT THE LARGE FLOTATION, STANDARD TURF. FRONTS ARE MIS-MATCHED, AND IN FAIR SHAPE, AND ARE USABLE. IF YOU ARE CLOSE COME TAKE A LOOK, BUT NO TIRE KICKERS PLEASE. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY. NO TRADES! BEING SOLD AS IS, $2500 OR BEST OFFER. NORTH CENTRAL IL, 50 MILES EAST OF MOLINE, OR 80 MILES SOUTHWEST OF CHICAGO. THOUGHT I WOULD PUT IT ON HERE BEFORE EBAY. SEND ME A PM, OR EMAIL ME AT ed64drag@lycos.com        thanks, Ed.

Edited by injpumpEd - 31 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Sponsored Links

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:45pm

210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 7:46pm

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 4:21pm

NO INTEREST IN A RUNNING 720 FOR $3000?

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:07pm
Ed,
Understand that you asked and this is one person's opinion (mine) but I have had, been partially thru or completely thru a 616, a 620, 3 720s, still own 2 720s and with the description you are giving (I feel that you are trying to truthful, I'm not knocking your description) this machine with mower is worth more in the $1500 to 2000 range than $3000.00.  Now remember, this is my opinion.  I'm in Southern Illinois and if I would buy it, I have another ? in pick up so this may be part of my opinion. 
The hazards of any 720, the engine if like mine is closer to rebuild than a good motor due to the problems we have encountered in the cylinders....they wear bad on the top side which we have not totally figured out.  Another problem with them, the wiring is at best suspect since the total power on the electrice clutch goes thru the switch and is hard on them and the wiring is just barely heavy enough.  We have totally rewire mine with relays to take the load plus a fuse bank.  The lack of the rear electric pto is a 400 to 500 dollar object.  I have tracked 3 of them and they all went over $500.00.  The lack of lift arms is another couple hundred problem unless you get lucky.  Is it worth $3000.00?  A good question.  A bargin, not in my opinion.
Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 5:55pm
Sure looks good
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:21pm
I have never understood the prices these machines bring. I understand they are AC machine for which we all desire, but seems they are stuck with this pricing that would inhibit myself for ever having one. I understand [ like many of you] the cost's associated with upkeep/restore/whatever to machinery, it can get very high. I'm in the process of doing a couple of 300/400 series mowing decks, I'm cutting corners where possible and still have to scrim to get $$  to purchase parts for these decks. I better understand why "cobbling" get's done on machinery, expensive to do it correct. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 6:43pm
I agree with you Chris.  My last 720 I fixed up cost me way more than I wanted to spend but I was determined to do it right as I plan on keeping it forever if possible. 
This is the tractor and loader as I bought it for $2100.00 which I thought was very good as I have seen loaders alone go for near that amount.

I hoped to get by with around a thousand dollars to get it up to good status.  Well, about $2500.00 later I feel that I have a very nice machine with more money in it than I wanted but once I got started...well, we've all been there.
Here's a finished product picture of the 720 at the Penfield show last year.

Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by den/southern illinoi den/southern illinoi wrote:

Ed,
Understand that you asked and this is one person's opinion (mine) but I have had, been partially thru or completely thru a 616, a 620, 3 720s, still own 2 720s and with the description you are giving (I feel that you are trying to truthful, I'm not knocking your description) this machine with mower is worth more in the $1500 to 2000 range than $3000.00.  Now remember, this is my opinion.  I'm in Southern Illinois and if I would buy it, I have another ? in pick up so this may be part of my opinion. 
The hazards of any 720, the engine if like mine is closer to rebuild than a good motor due to the problems we have encountered in the cylinders....they wear bad on the top side which we have not totally figured out.  Another problem with them, the wiring is at best suspect since the total power on the electrice clutch goes thru the switch and is hard on them and the wiring is just barely heavy enough.  We have totally rewire mine with relays to take the load plus a fuse bank.  The lack of the rear electric pto is a 400 to 500 dollar object.  I have tracked 3 of them and they all went over $500.00.  The lack of lift arms is another couple hundred problem unless you get lucky.  Is it worth $3000.00?  A good question.  A bargin, not in my opinion.
Den
this is why I put or best offer in the listing. I really appreciate the honest opinion though. I did however try to weed out tire kickers with a little higher price.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 1:24pm
bump

Jimsohio View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimsohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2010 at 7:47pm
Here is a nice looking one in Ohio. He can send pics if interested.

http://www.ytmag.com/cgi-bin/safemail.cgi?p=gcl&k=FS:2010-05-21:05;56;32
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 8:35am
updated price.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 10:36am
bump! Den, it is getting closer to your offer! It does run pretty good for having old gas in it. Thanks for looking!
Byron WC in SW Wi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Byron WC in SW Wi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 6:44am
They bring money because their essentially a compact tractor and are IMO the coolest looking one of all time.  I thought the other day someone should make those again with an updated engine, electrical system and PTO.

Den, that looks fantastic.  IMO it's a steel for what you have in it especially after what you've done to it.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 12:10pm
I always wanted to put a 3 cyl diesel in mine, but it still runs so good and smooth, that will probably not happen for a while!    
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2010 at 8:12am
bump up!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:17am
bump!
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 5:37pm
if I was going to spend 3000 it would have to be full size not a lawn mower just my 2 cents
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:19pm
After closer inspection, the rear pto shaft is still in place. thanks for looking. Ed
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:48pm
those size tractors are a tough market it seems....there is a 5020 local to me that is all but brand new...has like 511 hours on it...shiny as can be....3500 bucks and its diesel
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:39pm

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:40pm

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 9:41pm

injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 2:43pm
forgot to mention this has a new coil, and plugs. needs points, like they all do!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2010 at 8:04am
bump
smith_sonia80 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith_sonia80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 4:31pm
Is this still for sale?  Please call Mark Quinn   217.254.0833   seriously in need of this tractor...   or emial smith_sonia@msn.com
smith_sonia80 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smith_sonia80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 4:38pm
We are seriously interested in this tractor.  Call  217.254.0833 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2011 at 8:36pm
Mark,
I bought the 720 from him several months ago.  Den

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic