This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SoClean cpap disinfector?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SoClean cpap disinfector?
    Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 2:37pm
Anyone on here use one?  I ordered it today.  finally got tired of sinus infection?
AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 4:26pm
Tom, let us know how it works out. I have seen them advertised but the medical supply where I got my bipap said they were not worth the money. I sue only distilled water in the reservoir and clean the tubing and mask with Dawn dish soap every few days and have not had any problems. I have fewer sinus problems now than before I started using it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 5:42pm
Same here with the Wife's CPAP Hubert, just cleans it well with a reasonable cleanser(Dawn) lightly then allows it to air dry and ONLY Distilled water in it in use.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
my problem is i've never clean mine.  just change parts when new ones come!   i'll let u know how i like it.   My medical supply guy said they here positive results but he doesn't sell them.   I ordered straight from the SoClean website!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 7:41pm
They had them where I got my last machine. I use straight hydrogen peroxide to disenfect, clean mine.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2018 at 9:08pm
I guess I'm fortunate!  The only time I have a clean mask is when I get a new one.  I only use distilled water and only in the winter time.  During the summer the air here is humid enough by itself.  These new itty bitty masks are weird.  When I first saw one, I didn't think it would even fit let alone work.  I'm impressed at how well it does work.  They need a little more padding around the edge tho.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 2:08am
when I took my test for one, I couldn't sleep, and just laid there watching a slow moving clock for an hour and a half. the test lady came in a stopped the test, said she had enough info for a prescription. I asked her how I did and she said I snored like a freight train! really???? when I saw Doc, told him how that test went, and he said I was the 5th person to tell him about that test. come to find out the test lady gets a kickback from the CPAP machine company when they sell one. that lady no longer works at that hospital.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 5:06am
shameless: if you we're diagnosed with sleep apnea and choose not to treat it; i respect that.   I just had a friend die at 67 who told the sleep study people that they were nuts!  It's everyones free choice!   I also had a friend who told me the same thing, you said, for 10yrs, (just a money making scam)  he finally got a machine an then he was mad at me for not making him get it sooner.   everyone's free choice.  Again this post was about a cpap cleaner, not about getting a cpap machine!
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 5:10am
Good! I've used one since '89 and it takes some time to get used to them. You might try a sleeping pill to get you started. It takes a while for your face to adjust to them, because of the pressure points on your face, and you may need a different style of mask. I would demand a free test and go from there.  Leon
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 11:22am
yes, I've had a SoClean for about a year. Seems to work, no way to tell for sure because that would require lab culture testing of swabs from the unit.
But I do seem to breath better when I use it, less congestion, etc. the trouble is, I rarely seem to get around to using it!

Edited by LouSWPA - 18 Dec 2018 at 11:22am
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 12:37pm
Lou; it seems at different times of year; i really fight sinus infection.  my hope is it helps that!
  I figured when i got up in the morning, i would slip the hose/mask into the unit and turn it on.   or isn't that easy?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by tomNE tomNE wrote:

Lou; it seems at different times of year; i really fight sinus infection.  my hope is it helps that!
  I figured when i got up in the morning, i would slip the hose/mask into the unit and turn it on.   or isn't that easy?

Tom, I suffer the same issue, chronic sinius infections. Yes, if you have the space available next to the bed, it can be that easy. I need to keep mine in the bathroom, so it requires me to disconnect and take it to the cleaner. Seems so easy one would think, yet i seem to find ways to not accomplish the task. But thats not the SoClean's fault
Wait for the Lord;
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 8:56pm
Don't you need to change the, whatever fluid you use to clean with, after each use?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Don't you need to change the, whatever fluid you use to clean with, after each use?

No, it comes with cleaning solution that is used periodically to wash mask and hoses. The disinfection processes uses an oxidizer that does require replacement, but not after each use. Without going and looking, I do not remember how often, but more than 10 times anyhow
Wait for the Lord;
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2018 at 10:55pm
info i read said after 6months usually.  has a light that tells u when to replace the filter.  $30 for the filter
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 4:23am
just trying to make others aware of medical vultures....sorry...carry on
NDBirdman View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NDBirdman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 2:47pm
Distilled water only in both our machines.  I bought my wife one for Christmas, hope it works well.  She cleans hers every morning before she goes to work.  I clean mine about once a week. 
1955 WD45 S#205467, 190XT #6652 DXT
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:02pm
I talked to a guy today who has had one for 8months.  loves it!     sorry for be gruff, shameless, but i've heard your story 100+times and usually either the guy dies or he gets a machine!    not as patient as i use to be.   now all i say is it's your choice!

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 7:12pm
I had just mentioned to Doc that I don't sleep very long, but kinda take cat naps thru the day/night. they recomdened I take that test. I don't have sinus infections. maybe one will be in my future in years to come. I'm learning from ya'll too for future reference.!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic