This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So you stayed home,stayed safe.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So you stayed home,stayed safe.....
    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 1:32pm
You took orders form...who? You did what they "required". Stayed away from others,cleaned and killed even the good "bugs".By the time you get your freedom back,your immune system is gonna be crap. Most likely already is.... Good luck! you're gonna need it!
Nothing in life is uneffected by choices .
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2020 at 10:44pm
my immune system was crap before this stuff happened
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 12:28am
Originally posted by SteveM C/IL SteveM C/IL wrote:

You took orders form...who? You did what they "required". Stayed away from others,cleaned and killed even the good "bugs".By the time you get your freedom back,your immune system is gonna be crap. Most likely already is.... Good luck! you're gonna need it!
Nothing in life is uneffected by choices .

SHeeeeeshhhh,,,you sound like you might be bitter bout something,,,,? I will say this,,,There ARE some of us that are very concerned bout any "contact" with anybody that may possibly be a carrier of the deadly virus mainly due to our compromised immune systems or concern for our previous health issues. These are extreme concerns that we constantly have to live with and it dang sure ain't something easy to have to carry around with. So, you might consider those frightening concerns of others and lighten up some, guy. We all want to go to heaven,,,,we just ain't wanting to go right now,,,,,ClapClap
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 1:09am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

my immune system was crap before this stuff happened

Ever since I was split from stem to gizzard on account of a gangrenous gall bladder, I fear that my immune system barely exists anymore; I catch every virus and stomach bug that comes around and it takes me weeks to recover where most people get over it in a couple days; I just don't bounce back like I used to.
I don't want to take any chances with this mess.
I am old enough to remember old folks that had barely survived the WWI flu and that is about all they talked about the rest of their lives.
Households with every member so sick that nobody could help anyone; maybe two or three laying dead in the room with them and the rest too sick to care.
Dead wagons roaming the countryside, loaded with corpses, and old thick-hided misfits with dirty bandannas tied over their faces, stopping at any house that had a ribbon tied on the door-post, going inside and carrying out the dead, throwing them on the wagon with the rest.
So scared of the disease and not wanting to take any chances,these corpses were carted off to a suitable place, brush piled high over them, several gallons of coal-oil doused on and burned to a crisp.
Many homes, with every family member laying dead inside, were burnt to ashes.
I have seen old graveyards with row after row of little stones, mostly children, with the death dates all within a couple days; no body in the grave, just a marker.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 5:55am
Do I think the media blew this out of proportion? Yes
Do I think this is gonna put a hurt on our economy? Yes
That said, I haven’t darkened the door of any store or public business in over 2 months. I carry sanitizer and disinfectant wipes for the gas pump.
My wife is a nurse and must work
I am not essential but our company chose to work. I’ve only been around the family who’s house we’re building and home with one exception.
EVERY DAY I have to go check on my old momma and give her medecine. I can’t take chances. My wife and I have different ends of the house sharing only the kitchen and never at the same time. Not just to protect us but those we may come in contact with.
I have two trucks. I keep a spare tire, Jack and lug wrench in both and for the same reason we social distance. Better safe than sorry.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 8:21am

Yeah,,Ten Four,,Thad. And you tell Ms Jenn that we do appreciate everything she does as a first responder as she is prolly having to work alongside patients who are very sick. God bless her and keep her safe so she can go home to you!Clap
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 11:12am
X2
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2020 at 8:47pm
The wife watches the grandsons at my daughters house but I have not seen them in almost six weeks to keep my distance. About to go stir crazy so next week I'm going to run the road blocks at the state lines and go to the farm for a week or two.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2020 at 8:40am

Just what is it with some people that think that they Have to lash out at others,,just because we think differently than they do about this covid BS,,??? This covid has affected some people in ways that make you think there MAY be something wrong with THEM,,!!
 Case in point,,I had to go to autozone yesterday to get a part and I had one of those paper masks in my shirt pocket,,just in case. There was this dude I had known and related with for at least 40 years and he was in a "lively" discussion with a woman with a 3-4 year old child. He turned around when I walk in and starts walking towards me, with a chitty smile and asks,,"You ain't scared,,are you?" when he got bout 5 ft away, I raised my fist and told him, "Bill, keep your distance, Guy"  He kept coming saying,,"Chit. I want to know if you are scared or not" when he got bout 3 feet, I told him,,"If you come any closer, I'm gonna hit you to where you go down" I WAS VERY MAD BY THEN,,!! I seen the little boy almost start to cry and the mother trying to shush him and that pissed me off even more,!!  I raised my fist, that now also held a good sized flashlight and he finally stopped bout 2 feet and says,,," I believe you would try to hurt me, wouldn't you?? I don't say nuttin and is kinda a stand-off and the woman grabs her son and they rush outa the store. I don't say nuttin,,waiting on him and he finally realizes he's fixin to get a handful of flashlight in his mouth ,,,so he backs off and finally walks out of the store. The store guy tells me ,,he's one of our best customers, but he pulls that chit again,,We're gonna call the cops. I told him,,if you don't ,them I will,,!!
 It's just too bad bout what is happening with this covid BS,,,,,,,
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 3:02pm
Another Dumbass Convention at the state capital today.  I don't care if they want to protest and carry signs and kill lots of people by getting the crud, but why do they need to carry AK47's and Nazi flags?  I'll stay home and attempt to stay alive. If I go out when they sound the all clear I'll probably still wear my mask.  When Fauce says it's okay, I'll probably be good to go!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Another Dumbass Convention at the state capital today.  I don't care if they want to protest and carry signs and kill lots of people by getting the crud, but why do they need to carry AK47's and Nazi flags?  I'll stay home and attempt to stay alive. If I go out when they sound the all clear I'll probably still wear my mask.  When Fauce says it's okay, I'll probably be good to go!

X-2

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:42pm
A couple of "not scared" guys got ticketed 1200$ each for pulling that in our town. Not scared but poorer.
Keep your distance, stay healthy.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic