This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

so far a GREAT New Year

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: so far a GREAT New Year
    Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 1:09pm
good news... I didn't order the $15 knob for the clothes washer that broke...

bad news... I'm buying a NEW clothes washer as the 'old reliable 'blew it's transmission...

sad news... is I HAD a great,100% working machine here,my 'spare' until 2 months ago.However due to space considerations it was determined by higher authority, deemed unnecessary and went to scrapyard.

oh well... wonder what day two will bring ?

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 2:38pm
As soon as you dispose of something like that you will need it. Doesn't matter if you have had it around for forty years. Just a fact of life.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2024 at 4:51pm
hmm.. like the 20t shop press I hadn't used in 6-8 years. Sold it in the morning,then needed to bend a heavy chunk of steel ,that night.
Sigh.....

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 12:26am
Fact of  life, it can lay there for 15 years and you KNOW where it is.....Then you get that "clean out this mess" and boom.....NOW I NEED IT.  AND,,,,,,you knew just right where it was the whole time........Now......Yup, jis threw it away yestiday...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 3:48am

When I used to still get paid for working,,,,,my Supervisor used to tell me,,,,"You tend to make good "snap Decisions,,,But,,,but,,,you don't like to procrastinate either" AND,,,since the pay was pretty darn good,,,and they allowed me to stay a good long while,,,,I felt pretty good about my decision making prowessWinkWinkWinkLOL
 Well,,,,these years,,,,that Snap judgement BS has done flown the coop to the other side of the mountain for sure,,,,LOLLOLAND procrastination is here to stay,,,!!
 Most times, these days,, I am like an old Dog that wants to chew and chew on an old bone till there ain't nuttin left but the memory,,,,,LOLLOL
 Fact is,,I think I actually LIKE to procrastinate the chit out of a simple problem,,,like a garage full of projects "Saved" for retirement,,in case I run out of things to do in the Golden Years?
HHHMMmmmmm,,,,,,, reckon what I was gonna do with them two old clothes washers,,,??
   LOLLOLClap
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 1:53am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Fact is,,I think I actually LIKE to procrastinate the chit out of a simple problem,,,like a garage full of projects "Saved" for retirement,,in case I run out of things to do in the Golden Years?    LOLLOLClap
Thas cause after retirement you gots so busy that you couldn't remember how you found the time to go to work.  Well,,,,,,,,,after retirement, we're SOooo busy we ain't got time for those ole projects cause there's so many new ones croppin up all the time.  An besides, the ole bod don't move as good as it once did an it takes more time to git from the barn/shed/garage/easy chair as it once die.  Gotta accept the facts........we's gettin old.  Slow down, or you'll break somthin!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 6:13am
update. well bought BOTH washer and dryer last night. had just enough grunt to get washer into pickup then went for the dryer. dang 'new' dryer is HEAVY.Grrrr-unt, phew.
shoot that WASN'T the new dryer. Hay, it was dark and street light was on the other side of the street.got home,parked truck in the nice 72* warm garage.Rear bumper for BMW needs clearcoat to harden(future barter...)
today's plan..remove old washer,install new, put dryer in basement.will need to put forks on Kubota since I ,sniff,sniff, sold the A-C forklift last fall....at least I was smart enough to buy a house with a walkout, road level basement door !
I have a nagging brain cell that says wife'll want the new MATCHING dryer next to the new washer even though 30+ yr old dryer runs fine....
as soon as Mr. Sun wakes up...the 'games' begin...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic