This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small 2 cycle engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small 2 cycle engine
    Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 3:18pm
Guys
I have a small 2 cycle engine. Old, heavy, all cast iron. But no ID. Missing some sheet metal shroud and all the throttle linkage. Flywheel is a Wico 3054 and carb is a Tillotson b10a. Where can I get info? Parts? Help? I’d like to save it and get it working but with no info I’m pretty lost. I’ve got pics and will try to post them. Thanks for any and all help.
Tom
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by tomwmn tomwmn wrote:

Guys
I have a small 2 cycle engine. Old, heavy, all cast iron. But no ID. Missing some sheet metal shroud and all the throttle linkage. Flywheel is a Wico 3054 and carb is a Tillotson b10a. Where can I get info? Parts? Help? I’d like to save it and get it working but with no info I’m pretty lost. I’ve got pics and will try to post them. Thanks for any and all help.
Tom

Pics will help!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:22pm
normally if they were ORANGE, they were Jacobson mowers
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2020 at 6:26pm
tomwmn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 12:59pm
Okay, going to try to add pics.
tomwmn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 1:02pm
Okay. Pics worked but too big. Anyway, any ideas on brand and where to look for missing shroud and carb linkage?
Thanks again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 4:10pm
download your photos to your computer... open them in PAINTBRUSH or similar... their size is 2000 x 1500 pixels  ( about).... shrink that to 800 x 600 and save... then move them to this site.

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 4:13pm
try this...

Edited by steve(ill) - 05 Aug 2020 at 4:14pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm
Steve, I can confirm it is a jacobson. Usedta walk behind them dog t**d flippers!  Set it just right, and it'd flip a dog t**d right into yer shirt pocket!Wink

Also the guy in the first video aint figgered it out, yet, that you can take the outboard tip of the spark plug off, and put the wire eye under the top, and tighten it down...Wink 
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
tomwmn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 7:05am
Thanks guys! Just what I needed. Now I know what to look for. Thanks again!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:42am
A manual I found online for a 51 Lawn Queen. Sure looks a lot like yours. HTH 's

1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
tomwmn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomwmn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 4:57pm
Thanks chaskaduo. That manual looks perfect. I assume you are in chaska. I’m in Roseville.Thanks again.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm
I did live in Chaska for a few years when I first got married in 77, that area sure has changed, Hicksville back then. Loved channel cat fishing on the MN River every few days back then. Now a days, I live in Edina, and the north 40 up 7 miles west of Willow River. Birthplace of Ernie Nevers, and Wild Bill Cooper lived and ran a bar there for sometime.

Ernie Nevers

Wild Bill
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic