This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplicity question?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simplicity question?
    Posted: 05 Jul 2019 at 10:52pm
It's not a garden tractor, it's my Simplicity, Courier Zero Turn.  Has anyone figured out how to put a decent hitch on the rear?  Thanks
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 6:54am
I tried to see what the back looked like, not a very good rear view in the add.
How heave is the metal on the back side? Would it matter if some of the slots were covered?

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 7:09am
I checked 'partstree.com' for a good look... That black bar is lightly attached to the red sheet metal that's lightly screwed to the stamped 'frame'. I'd start with angle irdon BOLTED to the sides of the frame(on top of the U-shaped red rear piece), then some vertical steel under the black bars, on top of the red  sheet metal. Probably take all day ,cuttin and fittin and cussin, but it could be done. First one's hard, 2nd and 3rd ones easy..well, easier.
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 11:25am
The tin guard is somewhat substantial, but I don't know how thick.  I don't think it would matter if a couple slots were covered.  It's mainly a safety shield around the muffler.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

The tin guard is somewhat substantial, but I don't know how thick.  I don't think it would matter if a couple slots were covered.  It's mainly a safety shield around the muffler.

Then maybe a heavy angle iron with a couple large steel disc for washers or tapped and used as nuts, with bolts, thew the slots.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic