This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sigh.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sigh.....
    Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 6:18am
OK, even though I have a year left to remove my tractors and implements from next door, I post an ad for everything on Kijiji ( like CL up here....). Bottom line in the ad, 'Please reply with reasonable offer and phone number'.
So far, after 6 weeks and 74 emails only ONE has done as asked...
sigh....
funny one today, guy wants to know if the Monatana 5' rototiller will work with his 'compact 20HP tractor'  !!!

dbl sigh...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 10:55am
Not sure why people don't read the whole AD. or they just don't care.
Do you respond back to the emails? 

Do you know if the prices listed on Kijiji are in Canadian or US dollars?

thanks, Dan
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 10:59am
 most(99.44%) I just move to a 'farm folder'
had fun with one guy today, he figured the 5' Montana tiller could be bought for $500 !

$ 'should' be Canadian buxs.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
jvin248 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jvin248 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 11:54am

Many products have largely moved from CL to Facebook Marketplace. Too many people are on FB all the time and too easy to list stuff there (I hate it because search and sorting is so problematic there). Go on the other classified sites 'offer up'/etc and do a search for that same equipment you are trying to sell and see where most of the activity happens.

Then list your items separately not all in one listing.

Adjust price for how long you want to own the items too. 'Free' things vanish in twenty minutes of being listed. Maximum priced/value items will be there for months. Somewhere between those numbers will maximize your cash and minimize the time messing around selling.

Set your price, you need to have a price in there, and don't talk about 'reasonable price' or 'OBO' in the listing unless you will take a lot less. And low balling is an entry into the negotiating game, take it as a game not an insult. You can come back with a 10% reduction from your listed price and say you can do that. They will likely counter something a lot higher but still maybe low. You can come down 5%. They will either come up to your now 15% off or walk away. It's a game.

Edited by jvin248 - 10 Jun 2022 at 12:03pm
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 12:21pm
I have bought a handful of things from FB marketplace over the past 2 years. Have scored some good deals. I see a lot of stuff that is high priced sits for weeks and weeks. Other stuff that seems reasonable moves in a hurry. Though a visible "price cut" if it doesn't move in a few days/weeks seems to help entice people. I got an old 5HP snowblower for $200 a couple years ago that just needed some small parts. Drill press, shop lights, tool boxes, etc.
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 6:32pm
kijiji works well here...

Used stuff is a hot market.   Lots of people want to be small farmers and grow big gardens and a few animals.

Maybe its a survival motive?
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 6:56pm
Jay, i looked at your SALE POST.... The HEADING is FARM TRACTORS , and your photo is of a disc or tiller............ I would say to break up the posts and put "ALLIS D14 TRACTOR" ... you could put all 3 tractors on the same SALE, but at least give them TOP BILLING... Then list " TRACTOR IMPLEMENTS " and divide them up as 3 point or snap coupler..

Took me a while to find your SALE with "no ALLIS" in the heading, and tractor photos way at the back.. ............

also you need a BASE PRICE of your expectations.... NOBODY is going to "GIVE ME AN OFFER" without knowing what your BALL PARK is to start with. 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2022 at 7:36pm
Years ago dad sold a D15 on our CL under the heading of "ANTIQUE EQUIPMENT", it sold in 1 day VRS the 1 week in the farm equipment section LOL
Lon(MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lon(MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2022 at 7:04am
I use Craig's List. Each item has a separate ad. I make sure "Allis" is in the title. That is the key search word. I always put a price. To me it is not for sale unless there is a price. Hope this helps.
http://lonsallischalmers.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic