This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Side by Side UTV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Side by Side UTV
    Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 8:59pm
Guys I got some great replys on side by sides. I was looking at a Hison and at other imports as well. I  decided I needed to look at USA built. I bought a American Landmaster. It is built in Columbia City, Indiana. It is 550 Landstar 4x4,roof and windshield. Smooth running. I am very happy with it. I had an older one I run for ten years with very few problems,was 2 wheel drive,so this new one is an upgrade. God Bless and have a good day. Gary
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 9:57pm
Congratulations on getting a USA made one.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2020 at 11:45pm
i never heard of that brand before! have fun!
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:33pm
Shameless look up American Landmaster. There web site shows all of their models. I had to buy one to keep WIFE happy. ha! ha! God Bless. Gary
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 9:35pm
i did look it up, they look good, and priced better than others too! have fun...there isn't any dealers near me, but will consider that brand if i ever buy one like that. 
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 10:37pm
i, also, looked them up.  closest dealer in st joe MO.  I thought they looked fine in pictures.   up close and personal would be my next inspection if i was looking!

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:27pm
Maybe they would like to have a dealer up your way, just give them a call.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 12:53pm
Where's the pictures???Wink
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 4:50pm
Side By Side, Isn't that just a glorified golf cart???
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2020 at 9:10pm
Paul, no they are not. I rented 1 a year ago. It was heavy duty 4×4. A Kubota diesel, noisiest piece of equipment I have ever operated.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:03pm
Take a golf cart, add a front drive axle so morons can go where is doesn't belong. then add on a roll cage to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits from those same morons. then add a more powerful diesel to haul all that machinery plus the overweight occupants around, then beef up the drive train to handle the torque of the diesel.  There you have it: a glorified golf cart or now called a side by side. 

Same as when the US Army had a committee meeting to replace the Jeep. This person wanted this, that person wanted that, someone else wanted other features then you ended up with an overweight bloated monstrosity that couldn't do what a JEEP could and cost 10X or more.  I've seen those glorified golf carts with price tags higher than I've paid for a new Diesel P/U.  
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:25pm
My son has  6 passenger side by side with 4 wheel drive and a bunch of gears. It will go thru anything and climb a hill that you would have trouble walking up...goes places i cant take a 2 wheel drive farm tractor... his cost about 1/4 of what a Diesel pickup cost (LESS)....and the pickup would be WORTHLESS in this application.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2020 at 4:27pm
Comparing a side by side to a golf cart is the same as comparing your Diesel pickup to a Pinto... Just add heavy suspension and bigger tires and your ready to go !! 
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Take a golf cart, add a front drive axle so morons can go where is doesn't belong. then add on a roll cage to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits from those same morons. then add a more powerful diesel to haul all that machinery plus the overweight occupants around, then beef up the drive train to handle the torque of the diesel.  There you have it: a glorified golf cart or now called a side by side. 

Same as when the US Army had a committee meeting to replace the Jeep. This person wanted this, that person wanted that, someone else wanted other features then you ended up with an overweight bloated monstrosity that couldn't do what a JEEP could and cost 10X or more.  I've seen those glorified golf carts with price tags higher than I've paid for a new Diesel P/U.  

Yep that is the stuff I am missing as my side by side is waiting on parts.It costs way to much, but life is so much more trouble without it. It goes in mud carrying something where  nothing but a 4x4 tractor would make it through,but leaves less rut. Fits in the brush better than anything but a 4 wheeler,but will take a lot more side slope. About 10 times easier to get in and out than a truck with my rheumatism. Thinking it may be time for a new one, Shocked but sticker shock has kept my money in my pocket. Would delighted it I could find a alliterative that is cheaper.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic