This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sickle Bar Pasture Guards ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sickle Bar Pasture Guards ???
    Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 6:46pm
Looking for information and ideas on high riding rock/guards or extensions for the rock guards.
Not sure if Allis ever manufactured such an item but I have heard of people making their own.
My desire is to clip pastures about 6 inches high, the extensions would let the sickle ride over pasture hazards and animal droppings but cut weeds leaving the pasture at a graze-able length.

Edited by Macon Rounds - 07 Sep 2016 at 9:39pm
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
Sponsored Links

wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 8:22pm
We used to make an extention about six inches and weld on the shoe or slid,which ever you want to call it. That was on a scicle mower,.
Macon Rounds View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:37pm
did they just go on the two ends or did you put some in the middle too ?
The Allis "D" Series Tractors, Gravely Walk behind Tractors, Cowboy Action Shooting !!!!!!! And Checkmate
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 9:42pm
some put lawn mower type wheels mounted under the bar. (steel and rubber)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:22pm
Pictures anyone ???
orangereborn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangereborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Macon Rounds Macon Rounds wrote:

Pictures anyone ???
I think I have an 82R that has been modified.  I don't have pics in the file so will check in the AM, if it does I will post...Dale

Orangereborn
Dale Schafer

964?? 192nd Ave

New Richmond, WI 54017

715-247-3079

715-781-2055

Orangereborn@hotmail.com

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 6:16am
I'll have to dig out my "Pasture Clipping Attachment" and get a picture. It is a steel wheel the bolts to the end of the knife. I also have one I made before I found an AC one.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tcmtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:02pm
This year I put a set of four 6" Urethane rollers I got from Mac's hardware for $25 each under our NH 114 Haybine head for similar reasons to get it up a good 3"  more to clear mole hills and rocks.  

The head on that weighs a good ton and they held up very well this year! 

I would say a pair of their 3 or 4 " ones would work just fine under a sickle bar. 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 2:13pm
wheels or skids??? not sure which way I wanna go ????

I can fab something up but always find my forum friends/engineers have better ideas that have been functionally tested....

:-)

Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 5:34pm
This is the AC pasture clipping attachment for my 82R. Only pic I have handy....mounts on the end of the bar.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:24pm
I would love to buy some if anyone has them for sale.

Thanks in advance.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 6:24am
Here's a picture of the one that I made. I almost think that the caster wheel works as good if not better than the factory one like Chad posted a picture of. I'll send it to you for $40 (including the postage) if you'd like it.  To bad you hadn't asked about this in time that I could have brought it to Bowling Green. thanks Paul

Edited by PaulB - 13 Sep 2016 at 6:25am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Macon Rounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 7:47pm
Looks good.... sent you a PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic