This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sickle bar model question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sickle bar model question
    Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
I would appreciate it if i could get some information on this sickle bar.
its said to fit a wd45.  A model number would get me started.  Thanke guys

Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 4:51pm
Looks like a model 80 to me that is a WD 45 mount laying in the picture. I don't see the right axle attachment point for the balance spring.
The Hooker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:14pm
I am not familiar with the right axle attachment point for the balance spring. here is another picture. Is it here?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:28pm
Pull the drive bushing out, 80's has a concave shape or dome type bushing, 82 would have a serrated looking bushing, that engages with a similar surface, on the knife head...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
Nope that long spring going foward withe the clevis end attaches to a small bracket that bolts to the top of the right axle. It's usually still on the tractor. That round bar with the brackets pins on in place of the drawbar bail. And the h looking piece with the two v mouth cuts goes on the round pin ends that should be attached to the front of the main mower frame. The mower head is currently in the break away position. You'll have to let the bar down and back up when it's mounted till the beark away over centers. The missing bracket is fairly easy to fabracate. The h shaped part looks like it was cut off and it'll need to be welded back together

Edited by Dakota Dave - 29 Apr 2019 at 6:08pm
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:00pm
My WD45 is a factory henry loader and is bareback w/no lift bars or rams.
Was the 80 model sold to fit a D14?
Thanks for your help

Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:34pm
The mowers are the same for different tractors the brackets are different.Hope you are a good welder.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Gary Burnett Gary Burnett wrote:

The mowers are the same for different tractors the brackets are different.Hope you are a good welder.

What are the chances of getting pictures /measurements of a model 80 for a S/C ?

Thanks again guys
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2019 at 9:01pm
It is a 80R. I have a axel bracket I would sell.       MACK
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 6:06am
Its an 80R, but the front 3' of the frame has been cut off it looks like.  I've got a good one I'm selling if you are looking.
AaronSEIA
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 8:54am
The front part of the mower frame is there, just not attached....you can
see it in the lower RH side of the picture.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Hooker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by AaronSEIA AaronSEIA wrote:

Its an 80R, but the front 3' of the frame has been cut off it looks like.  I've got a good one I'm selling if you are looking.
AaronSEIA

You Sir have a very good eye,  seeing pictures I haven't posted Thumbs Up the pieces are there so some welding is in order. looks like someone got hung up in it and tripped the break away and they cut the ears to get looseThumbs Down
JK in Pa View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JK in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 6:05pm
Looks like possibly someone was thinking about converting it to three point hitch?
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 7:18pm
I have a 80R on my D14. I have another bracket to mount it on the WD. In the first picture you can see  the channel steel welded on the left of the mower is pointing down. The other one is straight ahead. They both should be pointing straight ahead. You can see unequal distance between the two pipes in the frame. If thats whats going on you'll be busy fixing it. 
  Tim
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic