This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

shuttle pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shuttle pump
    Posted: 04 Mar 2023 at 9:40pm
I have a problem with my HD 4 dozer shuttle pump that has quit putting any pressure out.  the pump is installed at the end of the main Hydraulic pump. I tried to separate it from the Hyd. pump but seems to be stuck. I think the damage to the pump is the reason i cannot separate it from the other pump. I need some advice on what to do since I have never had this problem before .  Any comments would be greatly appreciated. 
Sponsored Links

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 12:49pm
Randaleky:  Lets start with a baseline and see if we can assist. 

If memory serves the pumps are mounted in tandem on the operators left side of the engine.  Oil from the 28 quart capacity hydraulic system is circulated by live, (engine driven pumps) read plural as in two pumps in tandem.   A 25 gpm pump at 1625 psi and 2100 rpm is designed for use with Dozer - Backhoe - loader-backhoe and loader - ripper, while a 15 gpm pump at 1625 psi  and 2100 rpm is provided for dozer applications. 

How is your machine set-up with a loader/attachment or Dozer? 

At the time of the problem developed did you have a weak shuttle response for and aft?  

~ Orangeman
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 11:28am
Randaleky:  Their is also a screen in the sump. Might want to verify that the screen is not plugged.   The pump on the left side of the machine closest to the operator supplies hydraulic fluid to the Power Shuttle Clutch Valve.  The Power Shuttle Clutch Valve assembly -located to the left of the operators seat - (contains a relief valve, a modulating valve, a pressure reducing valve, an accumulator piston and a closed center directional closed valve spool).  

That said, the forward and reverse clutch pressure readings should be between 225-265 p.s.i. at high idle engine rpm's and a minimum of 150 p.s.i. at engine idle.  Access to the port to read pressure should be to the left hand side of the steering levers.  Removal of the floor plate will be required. 

After your set up to read pressure, shift the power shuttle clutch control in forward and reverse ranges, with the transmission in neutral: after a momentary pressure drop, the gauge reading should be within the above noted p.s.i. range.   Note:  A pressure reading of 220 p.s.i. or less in either direction indicates leakage in the valve tubes or sealing rings to the forward or reverse clutch.  

Source:  Allis Chalmers Industrial Tractor Division Service  Training 

HTH's 

~ Orangeman
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2023 at 3:59pm
Thanks for yur reply . I have a dozer and I pulled the pumps and removed the back pump from the4 Hydraulic pump which drives the shuttle pump. Upon examination the drive gear was spinning on the shaft because of excessive wear on the body causing the gear to seize and crack at one of the teeth. Th other gear is damaged to the point that turning the gear inside the chamber or body is locked up . minimal movement. I will need the entire ahuttle pump for the fix. I used to order parts from a dealer in I believe chicago or somewhere in Michigan but have lost the number.  Any place that you know of that deals in the shuttle pump would be greatly appreciated. Lastly the hydraulic pump worked fine .thanks Randal
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 7:35am
Randaleky - Sent you a PM. ~ Orangeman
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:18am
take a look at minnpar.com

Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 10:25am
THANKS i WILL 
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 7:42pm
I cannot find the pump anywhere at the present time. 
 A salvage pump would be the only possibility right now . 
If anyone has one they would sell please let me know. thanks
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2023 at 7:56am
Randaleky:  can you supply the part number that is stamped into the coupling flange of the pump?  ~ Orangeman
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2023 at 7:53pm
part number   AC 1003891 F75B 
I hope you can find something !
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:27am
Randal:  My AC H-4 HD4 manual on page 158  shows p/n 0253271-1 as the rear pump assembly.  This rear pump is shown in illustration 104-11.  There is a reference in the AC parts catalog that says it replaces p/n 252568.

Given the above, please clarify that the part number of AC 1003891 F75B is the number stamped on the pump flange. 

Also, were you able to contact any of the list of pump parts suppliers to discuss?  

~ Orangeman
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:26pm
I have checked them and no pump ,  I will check the numbers you found and let you know ,  Calvin Schmitt had the main pump but I have not heard from him about the shuttle pump .  Thanks Orangeman 
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 8:29pm
also the part number I gave you came off of a parts machine HD 4 loader with D2200 diesel .  so I thought it would be correct since I could not find any Numbers on the bad pump . 
Mark507 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark507 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2023 at 3:14pm
Did you get your pump repaired yet? I just went through the same thing on mine. I can discuss my repair process.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 6:24am
Had a similar problem with a commercial greens mower of an obsolete tandem mounted pump serving as a charge pump for the drive operation. I installed a blanking plate to the rear of the front pump eliminating the second pump mounting and installed a small belt driven pump at the front of the engine along with an external pressure relief valve. Worked well and not a lot to it.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 9:02pm
Blount Equip in Hoboken, Ga. Ivan Summerix at Summerix Equip, Racine , Wis
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic