This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Show moving to fairgrounds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Show moving to fairgrounds?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:02am
Had two venders tell me yesterday that the show will be at the fairgrounds next year. Is that true? Hutchinson that is.

Edited by Lonn - 25 Jul 2011 at 8:03am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Sponsored Links

allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 8:11am

I talked with two of the wokers at the lunch syand and they told me the same thing.

John Carlson
skipwelte View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skipwelte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 12:11pm
The board voted Friday to move the show to the fairgrounds in Hutchinson.  there has been talk about a move for awhile, Larry has stepped down as president of the club.   Im looking forward to the new digs, there are pluses and minuses, to much to go into now.  It has been a terrific location for a show, but remember this is someones home, so its time to move onward and upward.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 6:42pm
So will moving to the fairgrounds mean the end of field demos? That would be a big minus for me.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:09pm
       Thats the first thing that I thought about, no field work !!!
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:11pm
   I saw Randy Larson said on the Orange Spectacular forum that they are trying to lease 12 acres from the fairgrounds for field demos, which is a couple acres less than they had at Kargs.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
DaveNWWI_OAN View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveNWWI_OAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2011 at 7:58pm

They will have field demo's next year. They will lease the ground next to the fairgrounds.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 12:20am
It seems a shame to move the show, it is such a beautiful site with the fields and acres of shaded grounds.  But as pointed out, it is private property and I'm sure it is a real strain on them.  I'm glad I was able to attend a few years ago, really sorry I couldn't make it this year.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Tim (Cent.WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim (Cent.WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 7:30pm
From what I understand there will definetly be field demo's next year. I stopped at the fairgrounds on the way home and drove around and it looks like a great site for the show, we should not have any mud issues for parking if it rains and alot of the show will be in the buildings.

I hate to see it moved from Larry's, but I can see it was time to do it. Looking forward to a new era in 2012!
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 9:31pm
Is Larry going to take all of his tractors and equipment there?  What about his HD21??
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 10:43pm
He could just road it there! LOL
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 11:47pm
theres lots of plus's and some minus.s, but it will still be the greatest show on earth. hope to see everybody there next year. It's not where the show is , but where the heart is. and my heart is in AC's & pumping orange blood. the AC fans make it a great show.
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by 1946WP 1946WP wrote:

it will still be the greatest show on earth.

But will it be ? I think the location had a lot to do with the success of the show. The farm setting made it spectacular along with the Allis. I can understand why there was a need to shift. The public liability being horrendous in the event of a serious accident. Will the club continue to use the name Orange Spectacular ? I consider that era of the show ends once they move. I have attended the show twice so I do consider myself in a position to comment.
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 10:20pm
I have been a St. Louis Cardinals Fan for as long as I can remember. When The old Bush Stadium was replaced by a new one, some thought that a day at the ball park would never be the same. Other old timers had the same sentiment when they tore down Sportsman's Park to build the first Bush Stadium. Edwin Karg started the "Orange Spectacular" and even in his passing, it still soldiers on. Moving to a public facility will allow this event to go for many more years. This is a progression of Edwin's & Larry's vision not the end of it. God Bless the "Orange Spectacular"! Kip
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 9:43pm
Please go to our club's website  www.orangespectacular.com and view this years pictures and  an overview of the fairgrounds.....
We will be doing everything the same as the past years of the Orange Spectaculars. The only changes there will be is: 1). cutting alfalfa to show the sickle mower, hay conditioner and mow'ditioner, 2). more food variety, 3). different surroundings to look at during the Orange Spectacular.

Why try and re-invent the wheel? We have a great thing going here, why change?

Same weekend - 4th full weekend of July

No admission charge - free

Just as many field demos, but more....haying

Tractors to be stored in buildings to stay dry...we will try and get as many as possible inside.

The same list goes on and on....see our website, too    www.orangespectacular.com

Thank you!

G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D19 Diesel, D21 Series II,160,190, B1,Bumble Bee 10,B1,HB 212,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 10:09pm
   2 days ? No admission- How are you guys paying to rent the grounds ?
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Kip-Utah View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kip-Utah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 10:40am
They will pay rent @ the fairgrounds the same way they did at the old location. Raffle Tractor, and selling special show model tractors!
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:50am

That's good to hear Randy. I'm still kicking myself for not making this year though...

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:09pm
rfdeere' raffle tickets, raffle tickets, raffle tickets. and randy picks up the rest.
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 4:37pm
I just went to the website and looked at the Fairgrounds overview and it looks like it may be a good move in my book. Lots of building space and outdoor space
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
AaronH View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 8:40pm
Don, I second that. As much as I loved the setting at the Karg farm, there are many good things there. Those of you that have tractors to display can put them inside, Looks to be lots of room, and inside dining. Im looking forward to it. Already have a room in Hutch. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic