This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shop Talk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 56>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 6:39am
Folks,
 Pulled tractors and had a good time! Thanks to Jim for hauling my Allis tractors.  We had 3 first place classes and came in last in a couple classes. Go figure. Back home in the shop:
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 23 May 2021 at 6:41am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Sponsored Links

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 9:26pm
Folks,
 Was noodling out the design for the end tables and coffee table for the shop. (around the couch). The plan at this point is to use 18 x 24 for the end tables and 18 x 48 for the coffee table. Using 1/4 plate for the tops. sitting on the belt pulley assemblies from the WD series tractors. 2 for the coffee table and 1 each for the end tables. Might look at getting the AC logo cut out of the coffee table center, and then a stainless insert to fill in the void? paint the steel tops and the pulley bases PO#1. 
Ok its just a concept at the moment. Will see how far this goes.
Regards,
Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 26 May 2021 at 9:18pm
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 1:17am
Sounds like a great idea to me, now to make it so!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

Sounds like a great idea to me, now to make it so!

John,
Yes there is always that too! The ideas are the easy part. Making it happen in life is where the fun starts!
Regards,
 Chris
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2021 at 3:07pm
  Yes, I agree sounds like a great idea 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 3:58pm
Folks,
As I am easily distracted I went shopping today and picked out the ceiling fans, white, industrial type, three blade, will hang down 2 feet. May put in a rheostat for the switch?
Also went to Home Depot and picked up a Rigid AC9946 folding work platform. Only one for now to uses as a prototype. If I like it we may need one for the other Dewalt. I looked at the small table saws and some have a cart built around them. 

Thanks for the suggestions on the work carts.

Rainy and cold here!

Regards,
 Chris
Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 11:48pm
Very cool ideas for furniture!!!

Rheostat is the way to go for sure!

Keep on plugging!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 1:04am
The fans should be reversible so in the winter you can push warm air down, in summer, pull it up.

Edited by JohnColo - 29 May 2021 at 1:05am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 7:12am
Originally posted by JohnColo JohnColo wrote:

The fans should be reversible so in the winter you can push warm air down, in summer, pull it up.

John, Folks,
Humm,
 Never thought of that! I didnt ask that question about reversing the fan direction. Never thought of it. Thanks for that. I may not have that option???
Must get off the couch! Being lazy today. Rainy out side but lots I can do in the shop.

Still considering purchasing a piece of history that has been preserved. The old Ford truck that I showed you a glimpse of is intriguing, but not cheap. Kind of like buying a very nice painting for the wall. Visually appealing to some but maybe not to all. It would be a large project that is somewhat like a tractor project. Lots of time and dollars associated with it being a functional unit again. It checks several of the boxes for another project and would take me down a non Allis path for sure! Maybe time to reinvent myself anyway?? Comments always welcome.
Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2021 at 7:17am
Originally posted by Strokendiesel002 Strokendiesel002 wrote:

Very cool ideas for furniture!!!

Rheostat is the way to go for sure!

Keep on plugging!

Stroken,
 Yes the plugging part. Need to get at that too! Thanks for the encouragement!
Yesterday was just a shop and spend money day! I hate that!
I may need to drag that steel out and whittle on it for the tables. Step 2 in the concept for the furniture that has a Allis theme too!
Regards,
 Chris
Strokendiesel002 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strokendiesel002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:40am
Well... I hope reinventing yourself doesn't mean we won't hear from you at all anymore! Understandable that you'll be focused more on non Allis, but I imagine that you'll be using the shop and the F40 to help, so I believe updates are 100% justifiable :)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:21pm
Stroken, Folks,
 No I probably wont go away that easy!:)

I did some prototyping on the end tables and coffee tables. Need some 3-1/2 inch I.D pipe to slip over the shaft of the Pulley assembly.

Regards,
 Chris
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:34pm
Now take heater hose and cover edges so it doesn't hurt the knee so bad
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:04pm
t,
Yea they may be tough on the shins!:)
Regards,
 Chris
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:09pm
put a 2 inch radius on each corner..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:17pm
Folks been busy like everyone this time of year. But I did get one of those Rigid saw carts. 
I like it! Its the AC9946.

This is for sure going to speed up the cutting of the hemlock interior wood:

Regards,
 Chris

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 6:44am
I really like my Ridgid stands. I have one on my compound miter and another that I adapted for my 13" Ridgid planer.

I haven't found a stand (any brand) that I like nearly as well.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:06pm
Nice B'day or Christmas present to yourself Chris.
Your furniture ideas are pretty good!  Quite ingenious.  They aren't going to fall over easily for sure.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 3:02pm
That looks like it would make any make of saw work slicker than snot.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:26pm
Folks,
 The old brain went sideways off the track again today and we pulled the trigger on a Ford project!
1932 AAB ton and a half dump truck. 

Yes somewhat of a time capsule or wayback machine! It has not been out side light of day in 70 years!

Should help fill up that empty corner in the shop I was worried about too!:)
 I will be over on the Ford Barn Forum a lot in the near future, but should be back to get my orange fix too!

Yea the Rigid tool cart should be just the ticket for the interior ship-lap material!
Regards,
 Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 01 Jun 2021 at 10:28pm
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 11:32pm
WOW Chris!  That is an amazing looking truck, especially in the part of the country you are in.  Most trucks that old would be just a pile of rust.  You have got to fill us in on how it was inside since the early 1950's and take lots of pictures of before and after.  Of course, now you have to make the decision on whether to restore it or just get in drive-able condition.  Would be really cool to make it look like it just was driven out of the barn after a few days sitting.  Now I have even more reason to stop in in a couple weeks!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:11am
I think the truck deserves a new thread of it's own. Nice find !!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:49am
Words cannot describe what I see in them pictures. You can't possibly be able to sit down with that huge gold horseshoe, you know where.
It shouldn't be in your shop, it NEEDS to be in my garage ! well for a week then 'she' would say  'get rid of it....'
Sigh, every jealous bone in my body hurts...
Please, pretty please, a dedicated  'thread' with LOTS of pictures
sniff, sniff
jealous jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:25am
Allis Folks,
I will start a thread on this old crusty unit.
There will be less room in the shop if this comes home soon! (Hopefully in a week or two)! As you may have guessed I do have pictures. Not sure I will be able to keep the Ford Barn and The Allis Forum both upto date. The Ford Barn has the folks that are the experts, just like the Allis Fourm for our orange problem, or Just like Maple Trader Forum for my Maple fix. Hard to blend them all together. I spend way to much time on here now. If I was actually working on projects, much more would get done around here!

Back to the purpose of this thread. To document little things along the way to having a place to rest when the work is done.
Yea I dont really like to go up on the 6/12 pitch roof. Had procrastinated as long as I could on this weather vane install.

Regards,
 Chris
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 9:54am
Chris, That is one neat truck, fantastic condition and looks like the tires still hold air. And a side mount spare and look at those turn signals!!!! I can see how you couldn't pass it up. Will you restore to original, what color paint?  Does the dump body raise with a manual crank? Looking forward to watching progress on this project too. Bet you can't wait to get started.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 1:05pm
Great looking project!!! Definitely start a thread and keep us updated. Maybe we don’t have all the answers here but still like seeing the progress
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 2:02pm
Nice. You are defently going to have a project to keep busy on this winter. A nice haul in the syrup truck for next year.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm

Must be a way to "cut and paste" what you send the Ford guys. So as to not ware your finger to the bone typing. I think most would be OK with just the updated pictures and stuff.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:19pm
Ray has the idea, make it as easy on yourself as you can...
most of all, enjoy what you do.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:33pm
Thanks guys, That might work as the cut and paste information exchange?? Pictures maybe can be moved too? Anyway I did start a thread 4 times. Computer went down from lack of power this morning, then when I got home  from mowing at the show grounds I kept falling asleep and some how deleting all the info. 

Air drying wood in the shop today and will work with Jim on his Doodle Tug tomorrow. A suspension movement issue on one side and a few other minor things. 

I did get the other end table cut out and per Dave K suggestion will round off the corners too. Still at the prototype stage so anything can happen during the build!

Regards,
 Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 56>
  Share Topic