This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

She said do it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: She said do it
    Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:00am
My 99 Explorer has seen better days, 235000 miles she still runs great but she is suffering from a bad case of rust.  Couple weeks ago she picked up 2 nails and a screw in the one tire so when I put the spare on I noticed brake fluid on the axle and the back brakes look rough. When my wife saw this she said  maybe its time to by a new one. 

I been thinking about a F150 for over a year. I went on Fords web site and built my truck. Then I clicked on locate and it found one only 12 miles away. So I sent email to the dealer and got there price. Well that was more then I wanted to spend so I started looking at dealer inventory and found one close to what I want for $8K less. I also looked at used trucks but the prices on the trucks less then 5 years old are almost as much as the new one that I found.  I took the vin number off the site of the truck that I specked on the Ford site. Went to the dealer that had the one for $8 K less only thing is that truck has the smaller engine and is not rated to tow what I want.  I gave the vin # to the salesman and told him I want this truck but I want the price of the other one.  Well he went to see what he could do and when he came back he said I have that truck.  The one that I looked at on the dealer site 12 miles from me got transferred to the dealer 40 miles away in a dealer swap.  I didn't get it for the price of the cheaper truck but It was $3k less then the other dealer.  My first new vehicle in 33 years.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Sponsored Links

B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 6:08am
Dave what engine did you get?  I had a 2012 with the 3.5 EB and had no problems with it then traded for a 17 and it has the 5 L and I am happy with it also although it gets about 1 mpg less. 
Sherman Farms View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherman Farms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 7:06am
always great to have a new truck. hope it serves you well
B, C, RC, 3 wc,2 wd,3 wd45, d15, d17, d19, d21, 190, 440, 7040, 918 backhoe, 12 roto balers, 7 60 combines, 40, 66,2 72,90 super, sp100, Gleaner E, F3, 3 L2, R62, and much more
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:17am
Good luck.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 10:22am
Way to go Dave, enjoy!!Thumbs Up
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 1:39pm
Fuel milage should go up after you get it broke in
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:03pm
congrats on a new truck, even if it is a ferd! lol
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:08pm
I saw an explorer yesterday at the farm store....I never thought they could rust thru where it was. whew! I also saw an arowstar van once, the whole outside was gone from rust from the bottom to the top, could see all the window mechs and braces that were between the 2 skins. I can't believe the windows hadn't fallen out yet. none of the vehicles of any brand seem to stay rust free more than 4-5 years anymore. spose it's the factory's way of making sure people keep buying vehicles faster?
Les Royer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Les Royer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:24pm
It's probably the crap they spray on the roads so they don't have to get the plows out.

But look at the bright side. Your road taxes have gone down to cover the rust damage......right?
I still gots my A/C but it's clear out in the barn now.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 3:36pm
maybe they have...where yer from....
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 5:18pm
great another F150 on the road !! BESt thing you can do is spend $200 and have it 'oil sprayed' THEN buy 2-3 cans of 'rust-check' and touchup the areas the pros will not go to, like brake backing plates. Even a brush and oil will do(cut bristles down by 1/2 though) Be sure to get the inside of the bumpers and way,way up into the box wheel wells.
my f150 is a '97, still solid and Ontario POURS the salt on the roads every year...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2018 at 8:12pm
I have an older F150 with the 5.4 V8 .............. kind of like the idea of the new 5.0 V8 .......... never thought a truck should have a 3.5 turbo, but I guess that works.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2018 at 10:06pm
Congrats Dave!! 
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2018 at 6:38pm
3.5 EB  runs like a raped ape
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic