This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shanks for MF 140 Spring Tooth Field Cultivator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shanks for MF 140 Spring Tooth Field Cultivator
    Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 8:40am
I have a Massey Fergusson 140 spring tooth cultivator. I occasionally use it to gather up loose roots, branches, etc after clearing areas. The county dug out a county drain on my place and didn't bother to remove any brush first, they just piled all the dirt and brush together in the field and left it. Anyways I broke a couple shanks cleaning up and would like to replace them, anyone have a source for these? Thanks.

Bryan

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
Sponsored Links

Rhoadesy_65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoadesy_65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 8:49am
If you have an AGCO dealer near by, you might be able to take it to them. I doubt they would have replacements but they may be able to help you with a plan. Depends on how your dealer is, ours is pretty good at finding parts or solutions.
Farmin' with 1981 7010 PD, Great Grandpas 1947 Farmall H, JD 7000 planter, JD model B drill, NH 316 Baler, NH 1411 Discbine ,JD 100 8 Shank Chisel. Darke County OH
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 2:24pm
Try CFCDistibutors inc online is cfcdist.com or 1 800 548 6633 The online has good pictures and measurements to figure out how close theirs are to what you have.

I found them hunting Glencoe shanks and ordered one to make sure it was right. Which it was but never put it on as I only a few acres of hay planting.
bryani289swmi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryani289swmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2020 at 7:21pm
Hey Ray,

I’ll check them out after I fly back home Sunday, been out of town for work since originally posting this. Thanks.

Bryan
Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollowpoints explode on impact.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2020 at 8:44am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic