This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shameless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shameless
    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:31am
I’m not very happy with the forecast for this weekend and and and I just saw a red Suburban going down the road with a snow plow on it.
That doesn’t belong here.
Sponsored Links

JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm
Not looking much better here Thad! Freezing rain, sleet, and snow in our forecast for Saturday night and Sunday
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm
  We are supposed to get snow in Eastern Ohio Sunday night and sounds like a big one, supposed to dive south and meet another storm and head back up the north east. Some talked about 10" or 11" in some areas
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:51pm
Got up very early to travel to the Iowa State Fair grounds to set up at the Flea mkt in the rebuilt 4h building. I am west of I35. As soon as I crossed that I started running into snow. The city of Des Moines had their streets in good shape. I got set up and returned home, got here around noon. It started raining.   It's been drizzling rain every since. Maybe we'll get there by 9:00 tomorrow. Looks like there is gonna be a lot of stuff there.
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:20pm
Turn that dang thing off!Wink
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by JoeM(GA) JoeM(GA) wrote:

Not looking much better here Thad! Freezing rain, sleet, and snow in our forecast for Saturday night and Sunday

Joe wait til you see that red suburban and red snow plow coming down the road. Quite a site.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 6:50pm
They pretreated the roads over here yesterday. We've got big birds and plenty of propane so don't expect to much. If we had babies and gas tanks on fumes it would come a blizzard
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Dennis(IA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis(IA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:21pm
Hey 200Tom1, wife wants to go, will see what it is like in the morning.  I will have to get the 45 out and blade for sure.  We are between Indianola and DSM, so don’t have far to go.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:24pm
well the "machine" is out there running great! i had to stop the revolving chute on it for awhile so i could get sum "pretty" here for the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife to enjoy! i made her happy! it's really pretty out there and i cooked up nuff chow to last us all weekend! i've since gone out and got the chute to spin again...enjoy! 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:30pm
It actually is very pretty.
We would have a lot of the ground had been frozen.
Still got several inches.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 1:44pm
All we got here was a little more than a light dusting, nothing at the farm. If you listen to the TV forecasters you would think it was the storm of the century. Nothing on the local stations today but "winter storm " coverage.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:04pm
DAMMIT SHAMELESS!!!!!! Your snow machine has caused the power to go out and one of my generators had a fuel shutoff that came apart. Therefore, I've got no power in 3 chicken houses and a backup generator on the way. When I called to see if the guy could bring one today he said " yeah I can if you don't mind paying". Oh well. I guess it's days like this that make you decide if you want to farm or not
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:24pm
It started here about 3PM and looks nice with the wind blowing (Now that I don't have to drive in the bad weather anymore). Although If the forecast holds, Shamless needs someone that knows how to correctly charge the freon in that thing as this storm is supposed to finish as ice and rain. I don't mind the snow anymore, however I can do without the ice.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 5:59am
Can someone post a pic if I text it to them. It has orange tractors and some pretty.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 8:35am
     Here in the middle of Ohio ole Shameless only sent us maybe 2 in. of white at most. You can still see a lot of soy bean stubble out in the field yet and nothing around the house that can't be easily swept away with a broom. Yesterday the weather readers were sure we would get the 3-6 in. they had said for the last 3 days. Meter said 21 degrees when I got up this morning and a pretty stiff breeze.
Mr.P View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 9:35am
Need to up rpm and point it to the west so we can get some here the ground is brown here.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 11:04am
Sleeveless shirt here yesterday.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 5:17pm
Thad, email it to me and I'll see what I can do. I might also be able to do it from a text also.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 1:40pm
  We had 6 to 7" of snow here and my granddaughter 15 mile east said she was in snow knee deep cleaning the deck so the dogs could go out and snow drifted half way up the garage doors. We have 28 today the drive is melting where I blew the snow off and it didn't drift back in, supposed to get southern wind and warm temp tonight and high of 40 tomorrow then hang on cause cold for then next week.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm

Thad, here are the pics you sent. I like them! Hope they load okay.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 7:55pm
Thank you Hubert. Now I’m kind of sad cause it’s all gone, but that’s ok.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:02pm

Hey,,those are Great pics,,,I like em,,as long as that cold azzed snow is in someone else's yard,,,,,,
  Say, I did not know you had a little dozer,,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 5:41am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey,,those are Great pics,,,I like em,,as long as that cold azzed snow is in someone else's yard,,,,,,
  Say, I did not know you had a little dozer,,,,Clap

Joe that’s a 1937 Allis Chalmers M.
I intend to hear it run this summer.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:33am

That's a great sounding project, Thad,,,Sounds like something I could get my hands into ,,,,if I could find one,,,,Clap
 Don't remember if I ever posted,,but bout 7-8 years ago, I was chasing one like that. I had posted an ad in the monthly REA paper for an engine for the D14, describing an engine for a D15 or a D14. Well, this dude from the northern part of the state called me and said he had a good engine that was in a "D15 dozer" but I would have to pull the engine myself. We haggled bout buying the whole thing instead,,he said the clutch was bad on dozer,,he wanted $400 for the engine but wanted $4500 for the dozer,!!,so I passed after I found an engine elsewhere. Bout 2 years ago, he still wanted $4500 for the thing but no takers,,,engine prolly stuck by now,,,,,
 You do know ole JC has several of them small Allis Dozers,,,??
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

That's a great sounding project, Thad,,,Sounds like something I could get my hands into ,,,,if I could find one,,,,Clap
 Don't remember if I ever posted,,but bout 7-8 years ago, I was chasing one like that. I had posted an ad in the monthly REA paper for an engine for the D14, describing an engine for a D15 or a D14. Well, this dude from the northern part of the state called me and said he had a good engine that was in a "D15 dozer" but I would have to pull the engine myself. We haggled bout buying the whole thing instead,,he said the clutch was bad on dozer,,he wanted $400 for the engine but wanted $4500 for the dozer,!!,so I passed after I found an engine elsewhere. Bout 2 years ago, he still wanted $4500 for the thing but no takers,,,engine prolly stuck by now,,,,,
 You do know ole JC has several of them small Allis Dozers,,,??

Yes I’ve seen pics of some of JC’s machines. He gave me lots of info when I bought mine.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 6:30pm

Yeah,,ole JC,,he gots his heart in the right place,,,,,,Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic