This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shameless

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shameless
    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:53am
Zat chew that mentioned buying a battery disulfator a few months ago? I got one yesterday and wondered if yours was still keeping you happy.
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 9:06pm
yep...still works great! what brand you gits?
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:49am
Optimate by Tech something maybe techmate, It's only 2.3 amp for motorcycle and small battery's. If it did what it said it did it's already paid for itself I won't know till next spring. What did you get? 2.3 amp on the charging part I mean.

Edited by Walker - 29 Nov 2019 at 12:57am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 7:47am
mine is a B&D, has 2,10,25 amp...charges wet and gel batteries, desulfifies batteries, checks alternators, and some other stuff I can't remember off hand.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 8:15am

Hey Good Buddy,,,How are you getting along with your feets,,?? YOU need to check in more often,,,,,like you tell everybody else to,,,,,,LOL
 have you ever used the disulfator on a battery,,? Results??
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:26pm
that charger has saved me over a $1000. from having to buy new batteries premature. it hasn't saved them all, but have a lot of them.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 4:57am

Well,,Good Buddy,,,any more I gots so dang many batteries,,I wanna look into gettin onwe of them Disulfator /chargers and I googled the Black & Decker disulfator and had no luck so I tried Ebay and nuttin there either. What is the Model number of the one you use,,,
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:07pm
Dale, Looks like this is the charger you have?
Says it is not available...
This one little larger
BLACK+DECKER VEC1093DBD Smart Battery 40/20/10/4 Amp.  Not available either

Did some looking and looks like Stanley bought B&D out and then ... well here is what I found...  Must have been to dam good...

"When Black and Decker took over,around 2005, that 1093D became known as the VEC1093DBD. Then Stanley came on the scene and then they palmed it all off to somebody else, who has completely dropped the ball, so here we are."
  " BFL13 on 06/27/18 07:15pm

The early Vectors from before about 2005 (eg 1093A) had only a pulse type "recondition mode" which did not raise the battery voltage at all. (pulse mode being of dubious value as more testing has shown)

The next generation of Vectors, eg, 1093D s had both the original "recondition" and the new "equalize" modes. The equalize mode required you select Wet and not AGM and also be in the 4 amp setting. It went/goes to 15.7 (temp adjusted--when cold out you can see 16.x) does its thing at 4.1 amps, which then taper, so eventually it says FUL and shuts down. Time at E varies so it can take several hours or not very long--somehow it "knows" how long the batts need."

Sorry Ted, I should have 'sanitized' the descriptions to git rid of the link looking red... 
Hust like everything else, an Dale included, we is becoming like these dang chargers above are, obsolete. LOL

Edited by JC(WI) - 04 Dec 2019 at 12:02am
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 10:18pm
None of those links work JC.....
I've got a few Schumachers that have brought a couple back to life.  They are the 2amp ones and I leave em on all winter.  They do it all and have kept one battery going for over 12 years now.  I disconnect it from the tractor, hook up the Schumacher and let it run all winter.  I hook it back up in the spring and Vroom,,,,she's running.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 2:13am
mine is like the top one pictured on JC's post. and I too have looked for another one for a backup if/when mine takes a dump. and haven't found one yet either. be a sad day when mine goes south! it saved a lot of semi batteries thru the years and ya'll know how much they cost! same with big tractor and combine batteries. seems like when we can buy something good, ya gotta buy 2-3 of it, cuz they'll discontinue anything that don't break within a year or so.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:41am

Well,,I'll just be danged,,,leave it to ole JC to find the stuff on the "net" when nobody else can,,,,,Clap,,,UMmmmm,,JC ,did you used to work for the FBI,,? chit,,I'll have to take that back,,,don't nobody go callin em and sayin nuttin,,,,,LOL done changed my phone and emails,,,,LOLLOL
 I guess I'm gonna check on ebay or else go with a nother brand. Ebay has several small units but are just basically Trickle chargers and don't do anything bout the de-sulfating feature,,,,sigh,,,sigh.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:25am
I have three of these, started with one 4 years ago and has really helped my batteries. I bought two more as I'm lazy I don't care to cycle my batteries around, just hook em up and leave em. 3 yard tractors (on 1 Tender), 1 deep cycle, and one on my 91 Dakota that I only use for heavy work (not often)

BatteryMINDer Model 12117: 12 Volt 1.33 Amp Charger/Maintainer/Desulfator

https://www.amazon.com/BatteryMINDer-Model-12117-Maintainer-Desulfator/dp/B000P23HZS/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=BatteryMINDer+Model+12117%3A+12+Volt+1.33+Amp+%2812V+1.33A%29+Charger%2FMaintainer%2FDesulfator&qid=1575472604&sr=8-1

The BatteryMINDER Plus is a 3-mode maintenance charger/desulfator that extends performance and life of all types and sizes of 12 Volt lead acid batteries, including all starter, deep cycle, maintenance-free, sealed AGM, gelled or dry-type batteries, regardless of size or make. The Model 12117 automatically dissolves harmful power-robbing sulfation using safe, low voltage, patented high-frequency pulse technology. UL listed.

Edited by chaskaduo - 04 Dec 2019 at 9:29am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 7:25am
I also bought a couple of those Chas, but I didn't really like em cause they won't work if the battery is less than 6 volts.  I got mine at Northern Tool a number of years ago.  I know I paid less than $20 for em.  I guess inflation has caught up.

They DO work well on a descent battery, just not so well on a 6v system
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 8:23am
I don't have any 6 volt, so no experience there, but don't leave the BatteryMINDer 12117 hooked up while unplugged as it will drain down the battery. That and it is built like a wall wart, I would prefer a cord, but then they would charge another $5 for 3 feet of it.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic