Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > HELP! > Forum Support Only - No Tractor Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sending Pictures From Cell Phone to PC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sending Pictures From Cell Phone to PC
    Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 7:10am
Sending Pictures From Cell to PC
(send the pictures taken on your cell phone to your computer)

Do you want to send the pictures taken on your cell phone to your computer? Perhaps you want to send pictures to someone, or you want to upload them onto a computer file. There are a variety of ways to do this, from using MMS, a USB cable, a memory card, and more. Depending on your phone and your resources, certain methods may be simpler than others. In any case, you'll be enjoying all of your camera phone pictures on a much larger screen in no time at all.

Method 1 of 6: MMS Method
    1    Send your photo as an MMS message. MMS (multimedia messaging service) allows you to send your photo to other cell phones or to email addresses.
        Each cell phone is different, but you should have an option to share your photo via message.
        Be aware that if you're on a plan that charges per text, an MMS will count as a text.
    2    Enter your email address.
        (Instead of entering another cell phone number in the Send To field, though, input your email address.)
    3    Send the photo.
    4    Login to your email and download the photo.
        When you open your email account, you should see a message sent from your phone, with the photo as an attachment.
        Download the attachment, and the photo will be on your computer.

Method 2 of 6: USB Cable Method
    1    Find or purchase a USB cable for your phone.
        Most phones you purchase now will come with a USB cable that allows it to be connected directly to your computer.
        If your phone didn't come with one, search online for a new or used one you can buy, or contact your phone's manufacturer.
    2    Plug your phone into your computer. Make sure the phone is on.
    3    Open up iTunes, or open the phone's files the same way you would open a flash drive.
        If you use iTunes to manage files on your phone, simply press the drop arrow next to your phone on the left-hand sidebar.
            a)    Double-click photos, and drag what you want onto your desktop or into a new folder.
        If you don't use iTunes, open your phone like you would any detachable drive.
            a)    Click My Computer or Finder to locate it. Drag and drop any photos you want to your desktop or a new folder.
    Sometimes on Android phones 'Windows' will not install the required software so you should install it manually from the internet or via CD.

Method 3 of 6: Sync Method
    1    Sync your phone. The photos you take should automatically be transferred to your computer when you do.
        On an iPhone, plugging in the device will prompt the computer to open iPhoto or a similar Photo application.
        This in turn will display the pictures you took on your iPhone. Choose to upload the photos.

Method 4 of 6: Memory Card Method
    1    Insert a memory card into your phone. Before you take any pictures, check to see if you can insert a memory card into your phone.
        Many phones use a micro memory card that comes with the phone and can be inserted and removed at will.
    2    Make sure your phone saves the pictures to the memory card rather than to the device.
    3    Plug in your memory card into a memory card reader.
            a)    In some cases, your memory card reader may be too big for a micro memory card.
                In this case, you can get an adapter in which you can insert your micro memory card.
                You can then insert the adapter into the memory card reader.
    4    Plug the memory card reader into your computer. It connects via the USB port.
    5    Transfer the pictures to your computer. You can look for the memory card reader as a removable disk in Finder or My Computer.
        If you're on a Mac, open iPhoto, go to File/Import to Library and select the photos you wish to import within the memory card.

Method 5 of 6  (MY least favorite)
    1    Activate your phone's Bluetooth. If you're unsure about how to do this, look under Settings or Controls.
    2    Purchase a Bluetooth adapter.
            a)    If your computer does not have the hardware for a Bluetooth/Infrared connection, then buy the adapter, sometimes called a 'dongle'.
                The common BT/I adapter plugs into a USB port. If you're on a budget, look for one on eBay - they can be quite inexpensive.
                This adapter will have software for the connection process, which lets you transfer files from the computer to your phone, or vice versa.
            b)    Some computers, such as MacBooks, are already outfitted with Bluetooth devices, and won't require one of these cables.
                If you're unsure about whether or not your computer has this capability, search for the information online.
    3    Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on both your computer and your phone.
        If you have a Mac, you can make sure your Bluetooth is on by clicking on the Bluetooth symbol on the right side of the upper toolbar.
        The symbol should be to the left of the Date and Time and should look like some triangles.
        On a Vista, go to Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connection -> Bluetooth Devices.
    4    Make sure you are standing within 30 feet (9.1 m) of your computer. Bluetooth does not work more than 30 feet (9.1 m) away.
    5    On your phone, open up the picture.
    6    Go to the menu, and select Copy or Send.
    7    Choose the Bluetooth option.
    8    Once you confirm that you want to enable Bluetooth, the Bluetooth menu in the phone will pop up automatically.
    9    Select the "Look for Devices" option.
    10    Select your device from the list that appears.
    11    A request will be sent to your device asking for you to accept the sent picture.
    12    Accept the request, and the picture will be sent.

Method 6 of 6: p2p Transfer (peer to peer)
    1    Sync your phone with your computer using a p2p based (that means no cloud or 3rd party servers involved) application.
        Like Fylet or a similar Photo application. The application will automatically find photos on your smart phone and will send them directly to your computer.
    2    Install application on your smart phone
    3    Install application on your desktop
    4    Photos from your smartphone will be sent automatically and directly to your computer. They won't be stored on any server.

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Sponsored Links

Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:04pm
Thanks for the tutorial Ted. We should probably talk Darin into saving this for future easy reference.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:39am
nice TED but......
and there's always a butt.......

here's a minor problem...
Wife has pictures on her cell phone BUT they came in a text.
Those pictures do NOT show up when connected to PC !
I'm thinking they are 'embedded' or 'hidden' as they came inside a text message.
I couldn't figure out HOW to extract them,aside from using a BFH.

My 'way' was to have the sender email them  to my PC.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:33am
Ted! You haven't shared with me that you have a PhD in cell phoneology!! 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

nice TED but......

I'm thinking they are 'embedded' or 'hidden' as they came inside a text message.

My 'way' was to have the sender email themĀ  to my PC.

Jay

Jay, my phone will save text pics if I tap the image. When I do that 3 small vertical dots show up. I tap them and the option to save image to phone comes up. Once I do that it's just like I actually took the pic.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 9:09am

nice TED but......

My 'way' was to have the sender email them  to my PC.

Jay

Yes, you have to open the text with the picture and "save " the picture to your phone. Then you can send that picture to an email adress or to another phone.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 2:57pm
I do not have a computer phone but I can text. So I text my photos to my wife who does have a cell phone computer phone that can get internet. She then emails the photo I texted to her to my email. That is how I get it done!
Pastor Mike
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...hobby farmer, Pastor in Iowa,
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2016 at 3:20pm
Mike, my phone does not have wifi and I do not have an internet plan with it BUT, if I have a picture on my phone I want to save I can send it to my email by putting my email address in in-place of the phone number and "text it" to my email.
 Then, I get on the puter, open my email and save the picture or share it whatever............

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 29 Jan 2016 at 3:22pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2016 at 6:14am
BOY!!!  I guess I need to check on posts that I started more often.........  I'm a little late getting back to this.........

In a thread I wrote you said;

nice TED but......and there's always a butt.......here's a minor problem...

My 'way' was to have the sender email them  to my PC. Jay

When you open the text message and you can see the pic, either TAP on the pic or HOLD your finger on the pic until it asks you to save it to your Phone.  Sometimes you will see just 3 dots come up (depending on the android version) and you can tap on that and see what it gives you.  Somewhere it will ask if you want to save the pic.  There are a lot of things you can do on a phone by just holding down on something.

FYI......I just saw this thread since I posted it and didn't know of the responses to it, so I am a LITTLE late in getting back to you on this. LOL  I just got an Android phone in July of this year, so I didn't know any of this until now.......I had just a plain ole fwip fone.

"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Quick Reply
Name:

NoFollow is applied to all links from this forum
 Enable BBcodes
Security Code:
Code Image - Please contact webmaster if you have problems seeing this image code  Refresh Refresh Image