This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

School shooting Barrow county GA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: School shooting Barrow county GA
    Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:27pm
https://apnews.com/article/georgia-high-school-lockdown-3969d34cf6a7adc787facf21c469ef4d

Another senseless shooting. 2 teachers, 2 students killed. I think the article said 9 more with various injuries. This is just about 60 miles from us and about half that distance from JoeM. Even closer to Hubert. I was in highschool when the Columbine shooting happened. The next few weeks at school everybody was a bit apprehensive and payed closer attention to the people around them. That was half way across the country. I'm guessing my girls will probably have a similar experience for a few days to weeks. I still don't understand how some sh!t hook can ignore being a parent to the point of their child going to this extreme. Article says the shooter is 14! WTF??!

Edited by thendrix - 05 Sep 2024 at 6:02am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:44pm
News says the FBI had the kid on the radar for a while.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:54pm
it'd be nice if Georgia had the death penalty, finds the shooter GUILTY x 4, then says you have 2 weeks to get 'things in order', then EXECUTE the shooter.
I know ain't going to happen...probably get 4 life sentences, so Georgian taxpayers have to keep him in 'protective' jail for the next 90 years....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:27pm
I would prefer they figure out WHY these things happen and work toward a solution.. Obviously the PARENTS have a lot to do with this and are not PAYING ATTENTION.. If they are not capable, but see a  problem, they need to get Authorities involved and get these people some HELP... Obviously there is some type of MENTAL DEFECT to cause someone to murder 4 people for no reason.... Did the parents see a problem ?... Did the Teacher see a problem ?... Did the other kids around him see a problem ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:54pm
The FBI has confirmed that the alleged shooter who killed two students and two teachers and wounded nine others at a Georgia high school Wednesday has been on its radar as a possible threat since last year. 

In a joint statement, the FBI's Atlanta field office and Jackson County Sheriff's Office said the agency's National Threat Operations Center received an anonymous tip about threats posted online regarding a possible school shooting in May 2023.

The agencies said that the threats contained images of guns. 

Within 24 hours of receiving the anonymous tip, investigators determined the threats originated in Georgia and the matter was referred to the sheriff’s office.

"The Jackson County Sheriffs’ Office located a possible subject, a 13-year-old male, and interviewed him and his father," the FBI said. "The father stated he had hunting guns in the house, but the subject did not have unsupervised access to them."

The agencies said the boy denied making the threats and authorities alerted local schools to monitor the child. 

"At that time, there was no probable cause for arrest or to take any additional law enforcement action on the local, state, or federal levels," the FBI said.

On Wednesday, authorities identified Colt Gray, now 14, as the shooter who killed two students and two teachers at Apalachee High School. Gray surrendered to authorities and was taken into custody following the rampage. 

"As a follow to the Joint Statement just released, the subject referred to as the 13-year-old is the same subject in custody related to today's shootings at Apalachee High School," the FBI said.

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Sep 2024 at 9:56pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 3:42am
He was next on the FIB's list, right after thomas crooks...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 4:51am
FIB is too busy attempting to isolate information for Lawfare upon GOP membership, public and politicians.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 5:08am
When I was 14 both my sister who was 3 years older and I agreed ,if we got in trouble ,we would go with the Police than go home to our Parents! Today some people view themselves as victims,and many have no personal responsibility. And Mental illness has been neglected for many years.And yet the blame will be on the guns!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 10:30pm
 Newsmax just announced that the Father of the suspect has been taken into custody.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 5:37am
He'll probably get ,same as the Michigan parents ,they bought the weapons.
BUT
None of the FBI that saw them a YEAR ago will be charged, convicted and tossed into the slammer for '20 to life'.

BTW I assume no mother ?

Hmm. wonder if the buyers of vehicles can be charged,convited and tossed into the slammer for '20 to life' when the person they bought the car for kills someone ?

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 7:54am
the KID and FATHER were talked to a year ago by the FBI.. They told the FAMILY what the concern was with the kids internet posts... THEN the father buys a gun AND AMMO and has it in the open where the kid can get to it..... YES.. he is directly involved..... Mommy is a crack head who has been arrested by the COPS 2-3 times per year for robbery, assault, and other..

The entire family is a CLUSTER FK.
ekjdm14 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekjdm14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 8:36am
What a joke. Condolences to those families affected, and as a (reluctant) Englishman I agree with what klinemar says, they'll likely use this as an excuse for gun control even though the root cause is not the guns but the mental welfare of those behind them.

Sadly we don't have the access to firearms that you guys do, target shooting is something I enjoy but am restricted to a sub 12lb (well, 6lb because I prefer a pistol) air gun.  And if any anti-gun person happens to read this, just look up the 29th July Southport murders... Even blades are illegal here yet someone with the intent/illness can find a way to kill multiple people.  In fact just search Liverpool stabbing, there's about 6 to 8 in the last week, in one city...

Sorry, went off topic there but it boils my p!ss that "authorities" continually ignore the root cause of attacks like these & focus on either band-aid "solutions" or "shutting the door after the horse bolts"...

My prayers go out for those affected.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 10:40am
If there is a will to kill there is a way. Yesterday morning an Olympic runner was killed i Uganda by a husband pouring gasoline on her and lighter her on fire. The "good news" was husband also burned and was still suffering last I heard.  
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 12:07pm
Got an email today that there was a "noncredible threat" made to several more school systems this morning, including our county. Apparently some other sh!t hook thinks it's funny
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 12:11pm
As a counter to jaybmiller,I believe we need to prosecute Canadian Truck Drivers in Michigan. You can always tell who they are by the Moose bumpers on the front of their trucks and they never drive the speed limit. Must have to do with the difference between kilometers and miles! In my experience Canadian Truck Drivers cause more crashes!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 12:17pm
steve(ill) pretty well nailed it down with the FBI report. This was a very dysfunctional family. They had been evicted from two houses in Jefferson before the kid popped up on the radar a little over a year ago, one just days prior to his supposed online threats. There was not enough credible evidence for the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office to take any further action at that time but the dad was warned and DFACS and the school system were told to keep a watch on him. The family had moved from Jefferson to Winder (Barrow County) and the kid was enrolled in the BCSS. 

Law enforcement as well as other emergency services from Barrow and surrounding counties are to be commended for their quick and organized response. As bad as this tragedy was it would have been much worse if not for immediate response and incident command being established at the outset. Paramedics entered the school with law enforcement before the scene was declared “safe” in order to save as many lives as possible. 

Many of the members of the church my wife and I attend either work in the BCSS and/or have children enrolled there. 

Please keep all of the students, faculty and staff in your prayers as well as all of the first responders. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 12:21pm
My father, a WW2 Army veteran was very adamant on gun safety. I didn't want to incur his wrath by mishandling a firearm. When I was in High School Pheasant Hunting was popular and myself and other students would bring Shotguns to School. You either left them locked in the trunk of your car or as some who didn't have a car brought them to school on the bus and left them in Principals office. When Scool was out we would go Pheasant Hunting. No one got shot because our fathers were all ex military and taught us gun safety!
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 12:55pm
  A large percentage of the kid shooters are on some kind of prescribed drug.  Mainly attention deficit disorder and the like.

it is still a mystery to this day how these drugs even work.  Back in the good old days the kids were called hyper active, handed them a shovel or silage fork, took care of that.
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 1:18pm
It's so sad that this kind of stuff happens. The kids was informed that he is being tried as a adult but because he is under 18 he will get life in prison without parole and the father is being held.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 2:59pm
I heard a little while ago, 6 arrests have been made today in connection with other threats. I suppose this is good but why are we waiting until now? Y'all know good as I do threats are made pretty regular
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 3:47pm
don't matter how many arrests they make... it's QUICK convictions and hangings or LONG jail time(true LIFE sentences) that's needed to deter future mass killings.

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2024 at 7:25pm
What has always frosted my flakes was the fact Suicide by Firearm in US is included as are Police and Self Defense Shootings in "Gun Violence" Stats, In No other nation are those listed as to Gun Violence or under Deaths by Firearm by a Criminally Intent Perpetrator.  Suicides are kept in That stat, Police or Self Defense Shooting or Stopping a attacker with a weapon is Not Generically Claimed in those Nations as Criminally Performed.

2/3 of US Stats are twisted by the Liberals to present a better narrative for Their Side.

Edited by DMiller - 06 Sep 2024 at 7:25pm
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 6:44pm
Our pastor preached a great message this morning related to the shooting. Here is a link to the service if anyone is interested in watching:  Calvary Baptist Statham Live Stream (youtube.com)
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 4:02am
I also heard the kid was “On the Spectrum”, the kinder gentler way to say mental concerns, that and was on several different ADD drugs, not ever seen these function in kids given them. BIG warnings in these drugs is they can Intensify depression, anxiety, emotional outbursts. Not good in any respect while overly prescribed.
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 10:11am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

I also heard the kid was “On the Spectrum”, the kinder gentler way to say mental concerns, that and was on several different ADD drugs, not ever seen these function in kids given them. BIG warnings in these drugs is they can Intensify depression, anxiety, emotional outbursts. Not good in any respect while overly prescribed.

England did a large study on psychotropic drugs and found recipients were more likely to commit acts of violence and suicide.  
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 1:40pm
The US in general has a DRUG PROBLEM... Maybe they should look into WHY we need to take all these drugs to fix "problems" that didnt exist 50 years ago ???

CDC---
Prescription drug use increased with age, overall and among males and females. Overall, 18.0% of children aged 0–11 years, 27.0% of adolescents aged 12–19, 46.7% of adults aged 20–59, and 85.0% of adults aged 60 and over used prescription drugs in the past 30 days.

Edited by steve(ill) - 09 Sep 2024 at 1:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic