This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCAMMERS/Watch Out!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCAMMERS/Watch Out!!!
    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:11pm
I’m going to put this out there as a warning to y’all and this may have been happening but after talking with a couple friends of mine on the Mustang and F150 forums it’s fairly new and it’s going around.
So I put up a post a few weeks ago trying to locate some fenders for the D19 we got a few months ago and I get this private message from a guy(((( brand new member in LA and I did not check on him until a week later with no word from him either))))who tells me there’s a guy in Texas that has fenders and other parts and gives me the email. I email and we exchange info,I send him a MO for the fenders and it’s been one excuse after another. I Googled Earth the address to where I sent the check and no tractors around this place nowhere.So I sent him a pic of the house and I told him I’d appreciate the check back or I can make a road trip to retrieve said fenders or check...responds back saying he’d send the money back.I don’t EVER expect to see it or the fenders.
   On to phase two now that I’m suspicious ....I bumped my thread and I’m fishing now and sure enough,got another private message from yep,a brand new member this time in Atlanta and tells me a guy in Missouri has a set.So I email him and look out now...the same type of email comes back with the same grammar and punctuation style.Example ...
Hello Michael; .....among other things.Anyway I ask how much and pics and this cat sends back stock photos of fenders!!!!Not heard anything else from him since I told the other guy I’d take a trip to Texas.
All this to say what some friends of mine are thinking is ,these piece of $h!t people are jumping on these forums and searching the WTB ads and a second party or maybe the same just using different emails are tagging people looking for stuff,send you a message saying so and so has what your looking for and it goes from there.
   Hint though ....if ever y’all post WTB ads and you get a private message from a newbie,best thing is to discard it.

Edited by MDWilliams338 - 02 Apr 2020 at 8:21pm
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

It isn’t how you die.It’s what you live for.-Daniel Boone
Sponsored Links

DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 7:58pm
Got messages today on stuff thats kinda funny,, need to weed them out
NE GA Allis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NE GA Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 8:52pm
Yeah the guy “in” Atlanta has sent me multiple PMs telling me to contact someone in Texas about ALL of my WTB ads. After getting the same exact PM for all my different WTB ads, I just started ignoring them.
Keeping Allis alive with:
2 B’s, 1 C, 6 CA’s, 2 WD’s,
1 WD45, 3 D15D’s, 1 D17

Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:16pm
Yup, guy responded to my WTB ca blank plate
Luckily I'm stubborn and made my own 😁and told him I'd let him know if mine didn't hold fluid
Can't be too careful these days...
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:19pm
Anyway to lock them out of private messaging until they have 10 or so posts in the forum? I was on a Diesel forum one time that was like that you had to comment on so many topics before you could post your own? I know it’s more work for the webmaster but just an idea.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:19pm
2 or 3 years ago I posted an ad looking for a specific tire.  Got a message from Amy Leigh Hanchett in Kansas who posed as a tire dealer with a new, old stock tire in the exact size I was looking for.  Even sent a pic.  Long story short, she has the tire and my money.  She's a good one to stay away from.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:22pm
I suppose it happened to me too, one guy, fairly new to this forum(joined jan 2020)has not posted anything, sent me a PM that a fellow in TX had what I was looking for, well I email the guy in TX, he sends pictures, but not they are not what I'm looking for,, so, went back to folks that have a lot better reputation on here....

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 02 Apr 2020 at 9:23pm
MDWilliams338 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:26pm
Well this is definitely something everyone needs to pay attention to when posting WTB ads then.If I lose the money over these fenders and nobody else here gets hit then it’ll be worth it. I guess for whatever reason I didn’t expect it here,on a tractor forum.
‘42B,’45B,’48C,’51CA,’52CA,’69170,1935WC,1936WC,WD,WD Highcrop,WD45,WF,D10/14/15/17/19

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

I suppose it happened to me too, one guy, fairly new to this forum(joined jan 2020)has not posted anything, sent me a PM that a fellow in TX had what I was looking for, well I email the guy in TX, he sends pictures, but not they are not what I'm looking for,, so, went back to folks that have a lot better reputation on here....

Was the guy in TX named Craig?

Edited by MDWilliams338 - 02 Apr 2020 at 9:32pm

Acdiesel View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acdiesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:41pm
Yep me to, same p.m. and same guy in texas has just the parts I need.
I caught on right away to the funny emails
I didn't send him any money.

Dan
D19 diesel,D17 diesel SER.3 D14 NF,D14 WF, D15 SER.II wf
D15 SER.2 DIESEL,D15 ser.II nf
D12 SER.I, D10 Ser.II
2-720'S

Gmc,caterpillar
I'm a pharmacist (farm assist) with a PHD (post hole digger)
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:50pm
yep the guy in TX name was Craig,, now that I look back, the pictures were stock or googled pictures...
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:55pm
Same thing happened to me on a service Manuel for my skid loader. After the 2nd or 3rd email, I realized it was a scam. Exact same ploy.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Michael V (NM) Michael V (NM) wrote:

yep the guy in TX name was Craig,, now that I look back, the pictures were stock or googled pictures...

Yep,Craig Savage.

Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:00pm
So far..
1. Robert65
2.thosmost

Hunt4Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hunt4Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 10:15pm
Yup, thosmost was guy that pm me on blank plate for CA ( said call/ email "Bernardo" in Texas)
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:21pm
give this info to the local law enforcement, they will find them
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:03am
MD, you just got educated...  Much as I hate to say it, education is not free.  This appears to be the same ploy, that's been going around, for years.  I've had stuff for sale on CL, and get reply, I want it, I'll send you a check, + $500 for shipping.  Check comes, via a stolen check, Via stolen Fedex acct, if you put it in to cash it, it will bounce, and your acct will be charged.  If you ship the parts, they are gone, and you are out money. I never fell for it, cause I checked all this out, but the point is scammers prey on your desire to buy/sell something, not much different than the con men who try to sell you brand new speakers, in a parking lot.  You make your best deal, and you'll find 2 bricks in the speaker boxes!

The kicker is, the value they are scamming you for is too low to prosecute, and the law won't do anything for you!Cry
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:39am
Those fellows have been working off YT ads for years.
Jk chalmers View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jk chalmers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:16am
Yeah old bernardo in Texas got me as well on a shop Manuel .... luckily it was not what I needed.... because I didn’t pick up on it but now I know thanks...! People are sick
RAR45110 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RAR45110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 7:17am
I was contactedc by the same people and sent a MO for a loader.  Fortunately, I determined it was a scam and was able to stop payment on my MO in time to get all my money back except for the 30$ stop payment fee.  Happy to have caught it in time.
When asked how it feels to be the smartest man alive, Albert Einstein answered, "I do not know, you'll have to ask Nikola Tesla."
1938 B, 1938 B, 1942 B, 1959 D10, 1959 D12
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

MD, you just got educated...  Much as I hate to say it, education is not free.  This appears to be the same ploy, that's been going around, for years.  I've had stuff for sale on CL, and get reply, I want it, I'll send you a check, + $500 for shipping.  Check comes, via a stolen check, Via stolen Fedex acct, if you put it in to cash it, it will bounce, and your acct will be charged.  If you ship the parts, they are gone, and you are out money. I never fell for it, cause I checked all this out, but the point is scammers prey on your desire to buy/sell something, not much different than the con men who try to sell you brand new speakers, in a parking lot.  You make your best deal, and you'll find 2 bricks in the speaker boxes!

The kicker is, the value they are scamming you for is too low to prosecute, and the law won't do anything for you!Cry

Yep,for sure.I’ve seen that scam on CL for years too and you’re right also the amount is too low for LEO do anything which in turn wasn’t a terrible loss on my part but sure was enough to check on people from now on.Like I said ,just didn’t expect a member ((and that’s the key,a troll member ))) to send me down a rabbit hole ...on a tractor forum. Goes to show nobody,nowhere is safe.But as long as people here see this and know who and what to look out for ,that's important now.

Tyee II View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyee II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 9:33am
He is still active, I just got a response to an email i sent

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:10am
Seems the scammers are working every buy / sell place they can place adds or answer to them . 
 On Facebook marketplace there was a truck add for a pickup and a reasonable cost listed locally . Lady answered said her husbands truck and he had passed , she had to move so truck now in NJ but would sell it yet and have it shipped for same price and would have a 5 day return IF it was not as stated in add. Said shipper would drop it here and the return policy would start next day so I could just call shipper to pick up if returned . 
 Wire transfer of funds or said pay pal would work also ( so evidently these scammers have figured out ways around some safeguards )
 A pig in a poke isn't always a pig but the scams all seem to try to separate you from your money . 
  So if anyone wants a truck delivered to them and shipped from NJ for free I can pass on this poor widows info . She said she needs the money desperately 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:19am
Robert65  
SpamHaus - PBL (ISP Maintained)ListedListed; https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/205.185.223.155

IP address:205.185.223.155
Reverse DNS:205-185-223-155.ipvanish.com
Reverse DNS Authenticity:Could be forged: Hostname '205-185-223-155.ipvanish.com' does not exist
ISP:Securedconnectivity.net
CountryCode:US
Region:Washington
City:Seattle
Private IP:No
Black List Check:Blacklist Check for 205.185.223.155
Link to WHOIS:WHOIS for 205.185.223.155
Direct Link:Direct Link to IP Information for 205.185.223.155

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 03 Apr 2020 at 11:28am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:25am
thosmost

IP Address Information for 45.56.169.219

IP address:45.56.169.219
Reverse DNS:No Reverse DNS found
Reverse DNS Authenticity:Unknown
ISP:Strong Technology Llc.
CountryCode:US
Region:Georgia
City:Atlanta
Private IP:No
Black List Check:Blacklist Check for 45.56.169.219
Link to WHOIS:WHOIS for 45.56.169.219
Direct Link:Direct Link to IP Information for 45.56.169.219

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 11:42am
Mike,
 Sorry to here about this but thank you for alerting us to this scam. A lot of us use the WTB adds to find things too. 
I would hope that these folks can be removed from our forum? 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:32pm
thosmost referred me to Bernardo Martin in Texas as well.
Here is my e-mail correspondence with Bernardo.
Notice how he would like the money sent by "Moneygram" whatever that is.
Fortunately for me, he posted pictures and it happened to not be the correct pump.
The real interesting thing: the pictures he posted were stolen from a vendor on ebay who has a 100% rating.
Seems like thosmost could be banned from this site......but, I guess he'd just come back as somebody else.
Sorry I couldn't make the pictures appear.

Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 11:28 AM

Subject: Re: Power Steering Pump for I600

Hello Brian;

Thanks for writing.  Sorry for the late in response as i was busy with meetings, i just got a chance to check my email. Yes, I have the 
Power Steering pump for a 1968 Allis-Chalmers sale in excellent condition. I am asking a $250 for it shipped. And will ship via UPS. The asking price includes shipping.and  will take payment Via Moneygram, What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks.

I'm looking for a Power Steering pump for a 1968 Allis-Chalmers I-600 industrial tractor.

Apparently this pump is the same as the one used on the A-C D-15 (series II) farm tractor.

It is gear driven off the timing gear and bolts onto the engine directly below the governor

and distributer.

The A-C part # is 70257739.

Unfortunately, I don't have the old pump so I can't take a picture, give you a casting number

or a better description.

Thanks, Brian

Subject: Re: Power Steering Pump for I600

Hello Brain;

Thanks for writing back to me.Can you please specific what part, on Allis you are looking for?

Thanks.

I see you responded to my WTB ad on the Allis forum.

Please let me know what you have and how much.

Thanks,  Brian

Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:36pm
I also got a referral from Orange Knight who is apparently a member in good standing here.
The guy he referred me to was in MN and he seems like a real good guy who knows all
there is to know about A-C pumps and a lot of other things.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:56pm
Who is that ?
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDWilliams338 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Brian G.  NY Brian G. NY wrote:

I also got a referral from Orange Knight who is apparently a member in good standing here.
The guy he referred me to was in MN and he seems like a real good guy who knows all
there is to know about A-C pumps and a lot of other things.

So Orange Knight in good standing referred you to Martin in Texas??? Looks like the same emails I got but was from Craig Savage in Pilot Point TX.
Got a message from another member here on the D19 fenders and he’s been here since ‘09 with a plethora of posts so I figure he’s golden.

Chris,yessir it sucks for sure but if posting this helps weed’em out and nobody else gets burned then it’ll be worth it.

Edited by MDWilliams338 - 03 Apr 2020 at 6:33pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic