This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

saved a few from the scrap yard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: saved a few from the scrap yard
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 4:58pm
found a fence row full of B's and a C.  Husband passed away and widow was going to haul off for scrap.  2  PTO's and pumps ,  2 manifolds and carbs, one poor shape mag,  a few rims for 9.5-24 and one what looks like Thompson rear 38" ? , some sheetmetal fair, B front ends with ok rims. No good fuel tanks.  Anyone interested email bgtbran@hotmail.com   located in Paris, NW Tn.

Sponsored Links

RyanTN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:52pm

Good find!  Lots of parts there.  My home is right up the road from you in Bumpus Mills.  Right now I live in a tiny apartment in NY (mostly).  I got a B that is pretty much complete, but may contact you about a front end, if I decide that I can't repair mine.

cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 5:54pm
Check out all the Gleaner stuff !! I'd love to walk through  that lot..
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 4:53am
On the fourth pic down is the thomson wheel bolted to a C center. I would really like to buy the B spline to 5 bolt adapter thats bolted to the c center. Please let me know.
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 5:45am
Offer her scrap price and build 1-2 good ones! Or part out those babies if too far gone. Not that those are rare or overly valuable, but with a little help they can live on.
WC, CA, D14, WD45
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:51am
Tell us more of the story about how you came about them. Ill bet that is interesting. Had you been stalking them a while? The hunt is half the fun.
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Brad MI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 11:20pm
Thad, look at that "C center" again. Is it a C center, or the shallow dished B center that matches that 5 lug/spline adapter? 
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:28am
That third picture reminded me of something. I see there is a petcock on the intake manifold. I remember when I was a kid when the electricity was out, we'd have to milk cows by connecting the intake manifold of our tractor to the vacuum line to run the milkers. I don't know if that was a common practice in the dairy industry at the time or not.
Otherwise, what is a petcock on the intake manifold meant for?

Murph-NC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murph-NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:46am
From what I understand, the use you mentioned was exactly the sort of thing they had in mind when they included the petcock.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 10:49am
I have heard that too, since electricity at that point was not a sure thing...when the cows gotta be milked, and your hands would not be able to do it all...
Bruce Mn. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce Mn. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:12pm
I had a 60 ac combine with a petcock on the manifold. if you killed it when hot , you opened the petcock & cranked it right up . without it open you would crank your head off. the petcock was in the front  of the manifold though. It looks like that manifold has a plug in that spot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic