Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Politics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ruth Bader Ginsberg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:45am
“.. BTW I have nothing good to say about the baby killer RBG...”

Please tell me how you figure she is is a ‘baby killer’??
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:53am
Activists have no place on any bench, especially the Supreme Court of the greatest Country there has ever been on the face of the earth. I won't miss her. If her replacement is not a liberal, it will be good for the USA and quite frankly, also for the world. We need more selflessness and a lot less selfishness, which seems to be a liberals trademark. "It's all about "me" and this thing in my womb is going to make my life complicated !!!! let's just eliminate my problem !! It's legal to do so !!!"  I will say this: If GOD allows a Trump nominee to the Supreme Court to happen and also allows DJT to be re-elected, that is a sign he hasn't given up on the USA.  If these two things don't happen, we are doomed to more and more wrongs...LGBT and soon P (pedophiles) for example. What good will ever come out of that kind of theology??  Just more and more selfishness from the people who say " if it feels good and you think it's OK...then it's OK  !!!!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:54am
Anyone who helps perpetuate abortions, is indeed a "baby killer". RBG is certainly one of those.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:12am
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

“.. BTW I have nothing good to say about the baby killer RBG...”

Please tell me how you figure she is is a ‘baby killer’??
About the same way I figure the crimes of the Soviet Union belong in part to the Supreme Soviet or the People's Commissariat for Justice. 
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:49am
The bench is a position where Law as written is to be determined as to relevance in a case setting against the Constitution and BoRs, NOT to re-interpret the rules every time to fit a Liberal or conservative need, the law is the law and should be dealt with accordingly, Constitutionally.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:02am
If there’s a confirmation of a justice before the election, I will eat my dirty underwear! Cmon now.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:29am
VERY WELL said DR...

Tbone, your right.
Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:32am
I despise liars and cheaters. The constitution is plainly written. It says what it says and doesn't need twisted to mean something else. The liars and cheaters have "found" things it doesn't say and denied things it plainly says.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 1:52pm
What could happen is a Junior Court decision as to a SC Tie vote is directed as "Per Curium" or defers BACK to the junior Court usually a State Supreme Court.

As to a tied senate Confirmation Vote 50/50, The Chair Person gets to break that tie, IS Mike Pence VP.  So those RINO or Dem seeking re-election need to mind their votes EXCEEDINGLY carefully as to Yea or Nay on a Considered 'Viable' Candidate and should they vote by Emotion or liberalized view, then Pence can correct that infraction.
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

If there’s a confirmation of a justice before the election, I will eat my dirty underwear! Cmon now.

Now I really hope they go operation warp speed on scotus nominee. Cmon Mitch!! lol

If we get NUKED, it'll be by missiles built by technology given to China by Clinton, funded by Iran money from Obama with warheads made with uranium sold to Russia by Hillary. But Trump is a traitor?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:18pm
Usual Salty language warning!Wink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I believe the phrase is 'Aw, common man' LOL
In any case, eeeuuwwwwww! patooey! If the need arises, may I suggest lots of hot sauce! LOL
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:08pm

Frank's Red Hot. They put that s**t on everything. Even s**t I suppose

Edited by plummerscarin - 19 Sep 2020 at 8:09pm
dr p View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:36am
Actually rbg said that roe vs wade was judicial over reach. She said the law should have been overturned and returned to Texas supreme court but it did not guarantee a woman's right to an abortion. That is why Clinton passed over her the first time.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:05am
Politics is political......a contest of ideas and between those that propose and implement them.

Courts.....the 3rd branch of government......is supposed to be the impartial referee that assures the contest of ideas and people who propose them is conducted in a fair and impartial manner....starting with the Constitution and rule of law.

But then it starts getting fuzzy. We have laws proposed and written by men.....statuate laws......do they comply? And what about case law? These were not written but are argued and agreed upon......but the danger is these then establish precedent that all future courts seem to be obligated to follow.

The latter....case law....is where the danger lies. The 9 justices on the supreme court are not elected, yet have the power to establish laws that all future generations will be bound to and expected to follow.....and are appointed for life. You can get rid of a bad one. As such, these justices are the most powerful people in the US.

And if it hasn't escaped anyone's notice, SCOTUS is political. You simply cannot have case after case after case where the same 4 justices vote one way and a different group of 4 justices always vote the other. Not of they are weighing the evidence and voting accordingly. Way too many 5:4 votes. May happen now and then, but when it happens consistently, they are not voting on the merits of the case. They are voting on a political agenda. Activists.

Judicial activism is probably the biggest flaw in our political system, but nothing we can do about it. Best we can hope for is to elect people who agree with our ideas and values, in hopes they will implement and/or support those ideas, and sorry to say, that now includes the hope they will places judges in position to support those ideas.

Democrats, who tend to support changes that are not appealing to the masses, and thus can't get legislation passed along those lines, are forced to go underground and make implement these changes through the courts. So they appoint activist judges. They cheat.  RBG being the poster child for this crapola.

Best the rest of us can hope for is to elect leaders who will support judges that will simply follow the rule of law. To some, that seems like an activist for the right. Sad how corrupt and political this has all become.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:36am
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

Frank's Red Hot. They put that s**t on everything. Even s**t I suppose

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:14am
Sorry Modirt, is the nature of every political office to pander to the less informed to present a aura of grace and fortitude that is NOT there while playing word games to make agendas fit a need.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm

Flashback: In 2016, Ginsburg said Senate should hold SCOTUS confirmation hearing during election year

Ginsburg remarked in 2016 that 'nothing in the Constitution' precludes 11th hour nomination.

Trump Is Not A Lib or Conserv, He's a "Pragmatist." (someone who is practical and focused on reaching a goal. Has a straightforward, matter-of-fact approach and doesn't let emotion distract him or her
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:01am
The Demonrats are coming OUT of the basements to announce IF Trump and the Senate holds these confirmation Hearings BEFORE The NEXT President is in office they will Pack the SC with as many as they can get in.  Well good luck with that as NOT going to happen as DT WILL Be the residing EXISTING President come January.  Then a Question WHY do they have a "Need" to pack a court if they are so for the US Law and Not just for their Own designs?  SCOTUS is a court on the Rule of Law, NOT the whims of the Congress.

Makes me work harder stumping for REPUBLICANS in House Senate AND for Trump, working to press for Republicans in my own State offices and eliminate the Demonrats as much as possible.  These people are INSANE.

The wailing libretards on the News will become HORRENDOUS as the Election occurs and Trump wins in LANDSLIDE. 
JC(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 1:33pm
And the screaming and cryin will double down and ... and the wailing will get louder til they are deaf or dead.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 2:20pm
I am hoping just LEAVE the country, as my Sis In Law is trying to do, her quote "Cannot stay in the USA if Donald Trump gains re-election"  I sure hope she and others as her finds a Nice Sheithole to drop into, Brother said NOT Moving!!
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
Maybe she and Alec Baldwin could be neighbors ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 4:03pm
One can ONLY Hope.

As with ALL the Leftist Hypocrites, they will spout off then quietly turn tail and hide expecting everyone NOT to notice did NOT leave.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 5:58pm
Reading through this thread reminds me of an old Australian drinking song called "Tie me Kangaroo down sport" and one of the verses goes something like this,
"Tan me hide when I'm dead Fred, Tan me when I'm dead, so I tanned his hide when he died Clyde and that's it hanging on the shed''.
 I would thing this an appropriate and justified end for the mummy cadaver that was RB Ginsbooger.

I love pigs they turn vegetables into bacon

POLITICS-POLY Meaning Many     Tic- A Small Filthy Bloodsucking Dependent Creature
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:21pm
Usual Salty language warning!Wink

Democrats Post Job Listing For Supreme Court Nominee Accusers
September 21st, 2020

WASHINGTON, D.C.—In anticipation of Trump's upcoming announcement of who he will nominate to the Supreme Court, the Democrats have posted a nationwide job listing for believable accusers to tarnish the reputation of whoever Trump nominates. The best candidates from all applicants will be invited to a casting call in D.C. to show off their "believable accusation" ability.

"We know that whoever Trump nominates will be an evil, mean, bad person," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. "That's just the kind of man Trump is. He hangs around evil, mean, bad people and he nominates them too. To prove this and save our democracy, we are hiring several believable witnesses to accuse Trump's nominee of whatever they probably did."

Listings have been purchased on ZipRecruiter, Monster, LinkedIn, and Craigslist.

Interested candidates will have just a few days to submit their applications before the Senate hearing. At the casting call, they will be judged on their ability to cry on command while telling a horrific story of abuse on camera.

"We need brave patriots to step up and save our country by destroying the life of this nominee," said Nancy Pelosi before pausing awkwardly. "um... Good morning! Sunday morning!"WinkWink

Edited by DiyDave - 21 Sep 2020 at 7:45pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 7:42pm
Ninth Circuit Court Overturns Death Of Ruth Bader Ginsburg
September 21st, 2020

SAN FRANCISCO, CA—In a landmark ruling, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals has overturned the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. In a close decision, the judges on the court have ruled RBG's death unconstitutional and will block Trump from nominating a replacement.

Kim McLane Wardlaw, the judge who issued the ruling, said in a statement: "Justice Ginsburg's death was an affront to the constitution as well as our God-given right to abort as many babies as possible and sell their body parts for research. Death, at its core, is a construct designed to subvert the rule of law by taking pro-choice liberal judges away from us too soon. We cannot allow Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death to stand. By law, she will now be considered to be still alive."

Trump slammed the ruling as "idiotic" and called the court judges "a bunch of morons." Republicans pounced on this ruling like tigers that pounce on their prey before ruthlessly tearing it to pieces with their razor-sharp claws. "This is a terrible ruling because we're racist and we hate women," said a bunch of Republicans, according to anonymous sources. 

Judge Wardlaw followed up on her ruling, saying: "We hereby rule any attempt by President Trump to appoint a replacement to be unconstitutional. We will block any attempt until we figure out a way to resurrect her or maybe clone her and restore her to her already 'legally alive' state. We're still figuring that part out."Wink

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:03pm
Ninth Circuit Court Overturns Death Of Ruth Bader Ginsburg

NOW THATS FUNNY !!  LOL
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2020 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

Now the Wash Post headlines are that " her death bed dieing wish" was that the NEXT PRESIDENT get to pick her replacement...

What else would you expect from the Washington Compost?
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 10:16am
I love pigs they turn vegetables into bacon

POLITICS-POLY Meaning Many     Tic- A Small Filthy Bloodsucking Dependent Creature
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

“.... outgoing presidents are not supposed to make appointments to the SCOTUS, ...”

That was put forth by a Republican Senator, who held a SCOTUS seat open for over 400 days, without taking up a vote on a nominee.
So? I think I'll go with what the Constitution says. How about you?
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic