This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roswell NM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roswell NM
    Posted: 31 May 2018 at 7:25am
sposed to gits HOT today, just like here! PffffT! Joe...gits yer swamp cooler going early!
Sponsored Links

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:50am
Was out there in '97. Can't tell you what I saw.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:33am
Nor can thet desert rat either....
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:20pm
aint that where they keep them space aliens ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 12:22pm
I can't even tell you I was there!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 5:14pm
My brother wasn't ever there during his 4 years in the Air Force either Wacko
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 6:36pm
Well,,, ya see, our USA guvment always tryin to keep us safe as can be,,, so,,,,,,back when thet space ship crashed into its partner,,,,, ' tween the TWO spaceships they scattered chit all over thet poor rancher's propty,,,, but,,,,, but bein good g-men they decided right quick they had a need to clean up THE rancher's propty so's the townspeople wouldn't think mean on them,,,,,,,,,,,,
"After they got her all cleaned up,,, the g-men went one step farther to show their good intensions,,,,, they decided all them airmen that participated in the cleanup needed some R&R so they shipped em all out next day to bases all over the world,,,no two to the same base.
Believe it or else.
I've seen an actual copy of the Roswell Daily Record that had a full page article of the flying saucer crash northwest of Roswell.
Belive it,,,,,we is not alone here,,,,,,,
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 8:05pm
Men in BLACK

Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:14pm
Yea....it's gets warm there...I spent a lot of Monday evenings there..at the Roswell livestock auction...went to some 4-H rodeos there and Carlsbad too...
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:32pm
    Dang Steve,,,,,that right there is one ugly,,,,,,UGLY sob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and I wasn't talkin bout thet dude either,,,,!!!!!!
 Yeah,,Shameless,,,,I done set up my "rolling Swamp Cooler" last month,,,it been in the three digits since then and been over 105 degrees since a week or so ago and latest wether sayin "it gonna be a long hot summer",,,,,
 It really not too terribly bad under the carport with the ciooler goin,,,,but I been quittin long bout 2PM to go shower to go to C-Bad to go see Momma.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 5:07am
give us an update on JOyce
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 5:54am
  Thanks for asking, Shameless,,,,Wife is doing some better but she is still weak from all the happenings and surgery. Her 3 therapists keep pushing her to do more. This is where the saying,,,,,"If it don't hurt,,it ain't doing much good",,, is so true. 
 She has a long road ahead of her and is finally realizing most of her rehab success depends on her efforts today.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 6:25am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Thanks for asking, Shameless,,,,Wife is doing some better but she is still weak from all the happenings and surgery. Her 3 therapists keep pushing her to do more. This is where the saying,,,,,"If it don't hurt,,it ain't doing much good",,, is so true. 
 She has a long road ahead of her and is finally realizing most of her rehab success depends on her efforts today.
Thats good news that she realizes the need for the rehab. continued prayers for you both.a
She is on our prayer list at church and they like to hear the progress reports. Thank you
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018 at 8:46am
   Well,,Thad,,,that is so heartwarming to hear. Our Church also has the Prayer List, which I think is a great thing for the members. Please give all of them our most heartfelt "THANKS" .
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2018 at 10:55am
I spent the months of May and June just south of there at Ft Bliss, TX for basic training.  Out in the desert (they said we were in NM) the sand was so hot one day we were low crawling, it felt cool to the skin of my arms.  Kind of scary.

Joe, tell the Mrs. she needs to keep up the work at rehab as you need a cook and is thinking of hiring a young thing to help you out until she recovers.  That might give her incentive!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:45pm

Hey John,,,ever since I showed her all the "Well Wishes" and "Good Lucks" and all the Prayers for her,,,,she's been wanting me to read her the latest on here,,,,,,and,,,,,and,,,GULP,,,,John,,gulp,,,I read her your suggestion on the sweet young thing before I realized what I done,,Gulp,,,,,,I'm kinda bettin "incentative" ain't what's on her mind long bout now,,,,,
UMMMmmm,,,sorry there John,,,,I'll try to do better tamarrow,,,,,
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 10:54pm
sometimes a fellow just needs a 2x4 up side the head!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 12:42am
Sometimes it's best to read it to yourself first...

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 1:23am
'sometimes best read it to yourseff'...

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:32am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

'sometimes best read it to yourseff'...

Yeppers,,,,,I hear Ya,,,,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:34am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

sometimes a fellow just needs a 2x4 up side the head!

GOSH Dang,,,Good Buddy,,,,a 2 X 4,,,are you,,,,are you tryin to learn me something,,,,,,,???
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:43am
Hey DJ, thinks ol shamers snuck thet one in there... and yea, sometimes a feller should keep his mouf shut instead of saying sumptin stupid like , "i'm going to an auction" or I'll be gone fur awhile" as ye walks out the door an nots tells her where yur goin ... and ... and... ah mmmm, I thinks i better quit poken this keyboard. Confused
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 6:56pm

Well,,we kinda got off on a tangent and I wanted to give Ya'll a heads up seeing as Roswell, NM is "THE Flying Saucer" capital of the world,,,,,
For the first time in 71 years, the 1947 UFO crash site at the Max Brazel ranch north of Roswell will be open to the public. The crash site tours will run in conjunction with the Roswell UFO Festival in July.
There are two ticket options for attendees. The VIP tour gets you supper at the main ranch house with a tour of the grounds and drop-off directly at the crash site for a super price of $250/person.

The Shameless and Joe type tickets are only $65/person and that gets you a group bus ride out to the ranch with a short walk to the crash site,,,,,you gots to furnish your own balony samiches tho,,,,,,
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm
after 71 years........... whats at the "crash site" besides 100 tons of HOT SAND ?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:31am

Gosh Steve,,,where's your optimisim,,,,????
was you to come across a little piece of wreckage that them airmen didn't pick up,,,,,,can't you just imagine how valuable it would be,,,,???
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

after 71 years........... whats at the "crash site" besides 100 tons of HOT SAND ?

Somebody wearing a alien space suit. O'l Joes has been learning from that Blair prankster you know. 

But since Joe has had other problem lately,it may not be the best alien suit but something.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 6:45am

Yeah, Ray,,,You know it's funny how things work out, there are people that come to Roswell from all over the world to be a part of the happenings during the July 4th week,,,yet we have never gone to go have a look see,,,!! We did go one time we were in town and they advertised to have an original newspaper dated the day after the UFO crash and made me a believer cause out of the MILLIONS of stars in our solar system, we would be pretty gullible to think that the Earth is the only'ist one that supports life,,,,,,fellows,,,we ain't alone out there,,,,,
Then again,,,,,Carlsbad Caverns bout 45 miles from here gets people from all over the world too,,,and,,,,we had never been there until the Wife's sister came from California and that is where they wanted to go first,,,,go figure,,,,
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 7:36am
Wife and I stopped in Roswell on our way home from El Paso visiting our Son who was stationed there. We toured the Alien Museum and left. As we were driving home wife asked me "Did I believe that Aliens crashed near Roswell and are there Aliens ? I replied yes i believe there are Aliens and the ones that crashed at Roswell were poor drivers! To travel such a long way and crash into a hill!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 11:49am
Well,,,,,,,,,,,that's good news about Joyce!!  and YEP, you gotta read stuff first!  YOU should know that better than anyone on here!  You never know what comes outta Shameless' mouth,,,,,,er um keyboard.
Have you EVER seen JohnCO come up with anything GOOD??  He's almost as bad as somebody else on here,,,,,,,,,,,,poke, poke.......He often gets these weird ideas.  Maybe that's cause he's single???  You can't trust them guys....
I've never been in NM, much less Roswell........Don't even know where it's at.  HONEST
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 9:07pm

Well,,Ted,,It's just up the road from me bout 36 miles. I am a firm believer of the Roswell Incident takin place in 1943,,,else why did the G-men assign all them airmen out there to pick up every last piece of the crashed UFO's,,,? THEN,,,within a week,,all those airmen were re-assigned to other military bases all over the world,,but no two of them to the same base,,,,????
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic