This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roosamaster 450 cam ring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champflyer334 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roosamaster 450 cam ring
    Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 2:19pm
I pull a 185 with a 301 stock motor. I recently purchased another 301 with a 450 pump on it. The housing tag is marked as a 637. I was cleaning the internals on the pump and noticed that the cam ring looked worn, so I got a cam ring out of a 370 pump that I have to compare wear patterns, and noticed the part number is the same. I would assume the 450 cam would be different part number. The number on both cam rings is 10375. I am the third owner that I know of and its obvious this pump has been cobbled on before. Does anyone know the correct part number for a 450 cam ring? If 10375 isn't the correct cam ring, will it make much difference with the right 450 cam ring? Previous owner was running it the way I found it. I googled for a list of Roosa parts many times without any success. Any help would be appreciated. 
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 7:54am
A "450" hydraulic head was intended to be used in an International Harvestor bull dozer from 60+ years ago (as I remember it). It was a slow speed engine and certainly wasn't set up for the 300+ CC fuel delivery a pulling tractor needs. I would imagine in that application, it would have had a double hump cam ring, instead of what you are seeing. What has been used must work just fine. Inj pump Ed may have a better number cam ring than what you are using, but I doubt that it would be what a 450 head used in its original application.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 3:07pm
I use different cam rings based on what I'm building it for. What he has will work ok. There's so much I do to one when building a 450 pump. Most people just stick the head in it, leave stock injectors in it and then seize the head. I don't get involved with do it yourself pump jobs. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
champflyer334 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champflyer334 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 3:20pm
Thanks for your input gents

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic