This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

rod says barneys valves and spring dont work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rod says barneys valves and spring dont work
    Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:00pm
well heres the valves the sbc .100 longer than stock is the shortest valve stem between two valves that were removed from a allis head the other new valve is a standard length bbc

Heres the valves and valve springs installed on this head with two stock valve springs not istalled but two show reference
Heres the intake valve part number for the 5/16 sbc .100 long as shown in pictures
I sold a head with the valves installed  that the part numbers are posted for with the valve springs as shown in pictures with titanium retainers super 7 locks new allis rocker shaft and murphy rockers .
To a fellow in Ny from this forum he said his tractor was snappier .

Edited by mlpankey - 12 Mar 2013 at 7:03pm
Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 7:05pm
The bronze guides are the ones I gave the part number for  months ago as well . I dont know about you guys but it worked for me and ole barn well

Edited by mlpankey - 12 Mar 2013 at 7:13pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:06pm
It's possiable that pankey doesn't know what he's talking about. Anyone can measure a valve with a caliper or look up the length per application should they not have a caliper but only a tape measure.

His first argument was .300" shorter then he changed his story and went round and round untill he wound up at .100" longer. He changed fron bbc to sbc and confused himself.

Bear in mind that the tip length on a sbc valve is .225". That's the distance from the keeper groove to the tip. Looking at the picture that sbc valve pictured is .250" shorter than the allis valves pictured.

I hate to argue so I'll stick to posting facts. Facts are that the allis valves are 5.16" length. If you measure them or look up the specs you> find that they are considered 5.16" long.

Sbc valves are 4.910" long and add .100" to get a 5.010" long valve, but many are 5.036". That's at most .150" shorter.

I'm sorry but your pics don't jive with facts. Why use such a large diameter heavy spring anyway when much lighter 1.260 springs are readily available as well as lighter retainers?

Edited by Rod B - 12 Mar 2013 at 8:18pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:11pm
just stating and giving visual facts the new valve to the left is a bbc standard length the two valves the protractor is resting on is factory allis the valve under protractor is a .100 longer than stock sbc . The shorter length fixes the rocker geometry issue that cause the factory allis valve stems to wear inboard and off center.
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:14pm
Why no porting on the head? Looks rough.

A guy who claims to have a machine shop should know better than to use used take off springs and should have measureing tools and parts books for refrence. Poor pictures of who knows what parts are pointless. Links to the valve specs would be fruitfull.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Why no porting on the head? Looks rough.

A guy who claims to have a machine shop should know better than to use used take off springs and should have measureing tools and parts books for refrence. Poor pictures of who knows what parts are pointless. Links to the valve specs would be fruitfull.
if you knew anything about allis heads you would know that three inch head has been open up mildly and we work from the valve seat and pocket out .  I think the proof is you dont know anything about allis builds but you type pretty well
I dont know where your getting I use take off valve spring . The comp cam valve springs are new .

Edited by mlpankey - 12 Mar 2013 at 8:26pm
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:40pm
hey rod you remember this post you wrote
Rod B wrote:

Bbc valves are 5.422 long. That's more than .300 more than 4.910.

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:27pm

Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)
  Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:27pm

Rod
Mrgoodwrench View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrgoodwrench Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:41pm
i think we have hit a new low here gentleman. it was bad enough when good topics got dragged down to a pissing contest, but now we are starting posts as pissing contests. come on guys lets not ruin things for everyone. at this point i do not pull but want to when the checkbook will allow, i'd like to gather as much good intel as i can from men who know what they are talking about.
There are 3 ways to do job GOOD, FAST, CHEAP. YOU MAY CHOOSE 2. If its FAST & CHEAP it won't be GOOD, if it's GOOD & CHEAP it won't be FAST, and if its GOOD & FAST it won't be CHEAP!!!!
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 8:45pm
pictures are worth a 1000 words . should be a no brainer on who knows what they are talking about
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2013 at 9:00pm
Bbc valves are 5.422" and have a .250" tip length.

sbc valves are 4.910" with a .225" tip length. But add .100" for the +.100 sbc valves and that's 5.01" length.

So why in your picture does the so called sbc valve have a longer tip length, much longer than the bbc valve which in reality is .025 longer? Why is the bbc valve so close to the alllis when the specs are so far off? Trying to trick us by lying, takeing pictures of other parts to CYA.

In this case a pic is worth 1 word and not 1000. That word is busted. Anyone cal look up specs and see I'm right.

Pankey's at a new low starting threads like this and the smack thread. I replied here to give facts, not feed the troll.

Edited by Rod B - 12 Mar 2013 at 9:24pm
THE-MAN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE-MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 8:35am
Speaking of trick photography, that short valve looks like a SBF. They were around 4.8ish  but instead of the + - .250 height between the keeper groove and top of the valve on a SBC, I think they (SBF) are around .360 height. Which is certainly what that photo looks like.

Edited by THE-MAN - 13 Mar 2013 at 9:19am
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2013 at 9:23am
No comment necessary:

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 1:24pm
yeap so many on here dont even know that the overall stem length is from backside of valve margin to tip meaning tip length is includded in overall length . Maybe marty will read this and tell rod so he and his cronnys will know.

Edited by mlpankey - 29 Mar 2013 at 1:31pm
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:53pm
Tip length on an AC valve is .350". Chevy is .225". In the pic, it's showing a much longer tip on the chevy, a couple facts. The pic is of other parts.

Who's the carpenter? Angle finder isn't hanging plumb.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Rod B Rod B wrote:

Tip length on an AC valve is .350". Chevy is .225". In the pic, it's showing a much longer tip on the chevy, a couple facts. The pic is of other parts.

Who's the carpenter? Angle finder isn't hanging plumb.
if you search the part number on the box you will find its a 5/16 stem sbc valve. keep digging
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:00pm
www.summitracing.com/parts/man-11302-1Cached
Rod B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2013 at 10:18pm
Spes say tip length is .290". Allis tip length .350". Pic shows otherwise. I give you credit for trying. But proof is in the pic, tip length is shorter on the poser allis valve.
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2013 at 8:35am
Picture shows that your eyes arent calibrated measuring tools and the. 290 tip is in ludex in the stem length oif 5.010 .

Edited by mlpankey - 30 Mar 2013 at 8:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic