This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rivian Electric Pickup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rivian Electric Pickup
    Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:29pm
A new one out there, and US made.  Too many electronics for this 'ol boy, but interesting any way.

Sponsored Links

Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Stripped and with a good 4cyl diesel I'd be lookin.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 8:45pm
Very cool
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 8:15am
Ya know what would be awesome. Say some company built a work truck??? Could you just imagine that?? No fancy bells and whistles just a plain Jane that a working man could afford and use. Maybe even build one that costs less than a house.
I can still back up to a trailer without a camera. I can still read a map and I can still roll a window up and down.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 10:23am
Soccer moms across America would be wearing arm casts from rolling the windows up and down.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:00am
They only build what people will BUY............ Sadly, very few want a BASIC work truck.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Ya know what would be awesome. Say some company built a work truck??? Could you just imagine that?? No fancy bells and whistles just a plain Jane that a working man could afford and use. Maybe even build one that costs less than a house.
I can still back up to a trailer without a camera. I can still read a map and I can still roll a window up and down.

Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:02pm
It seems like there would be a market for a fairly basic electric pickup, either standard cab or extended that could be in the $40,000 range or less.  Still a lot of money but the savings on fuel and maintenance would make it a $25,000 pickup in it's useful life.  An AC collector friend back in Ohio who retired from the Ford Plant in Cleveland once told me the actual cost of a vehicle was about 25 to 35 percent of the selling price, the rest being profit for the company and dealer, workers retirement and medical, advertising, insurance, R&D, etc. etc.  Ford gave him a Mustang in the '80's for an idea that saved Ford $500 a DAY!  Said the cost to Ford was less then $2 grand.  Pi$$ed him off because he had to pay taxes on it based on the sticker price.

Edited by JohnCO - 25 Jan 2019 at 12:04pm
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 12:27pm
There's no way ANY electric vehicle will save me money. fillups cost me 25 cents per KWh and that's AFTER I pay 10K for the electrical install/upgrade for the charger. Batteries won't last 8 years, maybe 5 ,IF vehicle is inside a nice WARM heated garage. Haven't even figured in the 'minor' salt water corrosion that occours every winter here either.
I get daily updates on every aspect of E-cars and 99% is either fancy infotainment/GPS stuff or battery chargers ( new Telsa unit is really scary....)
I'll stick with my full size F150 and $4/G gas.
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 2:17pm
Wonder what the use of heating and air conditioner does to the battery life as far as miles, bet it won't go 400 miles with heater running in the super cold weather we are having 
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 5:06pm
You'd need to buy the optional $25,000.00 book of matches to light the sulfuric acid that would be boiling from your batteries.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2019 at 9:52pm
The boss actually bought a chinease made one several years ago. Heater is a joke, wipers were about useless after 1 hour of operation. We used it at the car dealership to transport customers from the office to vehicals at the other end of the lot. It was sold to an old gal with 10 acres and some chickens. Her boyfriend put a couple of deep cycle marine battery's in it and it works for them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic