This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Retro sounds shaft mount car stereo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIESEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retro sounds shaft mount car stereo
    Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 10:56pm
Has anyone tried the retro sounds shaft mount car stereo in a tractor yet? I'm curious how well one would hold up on a tractor, it'd be nice not to cut up the cab to mount a regular radio. Thanks
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:52pm
Have you got a pic of this radio?
DIESEL View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIESEL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:39am
This is the radio
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:23am
If I ever get the electrical straightened out in my 1066, just may give one a try! Looks pretty cool. Does it play 8-tracks? (No, I don't have any tapes).
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:30am
My WD45 has a cheep Walmart shaft mount radio it works fine and its old. You can still get cheep Walmart radios if you order online. Or you can go to crutchfield.com and get a name brand shaft mount for that much money. I put a Boss radio in my offroad truck. It fit the old shaft mount dash has great reception and plays MP3 of either a stick or smd and connects blue tooth. It was around $30. The retro radios are a pretty generic radio with a chrome face to look good in an old car. A couple guys in the car club had them they looked good and worked well but it was a lots of money for a real cheep radio.

Edited by Dakota Dave - 29 Jun 2020 at 8:37am
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:49am
I need to replace a couple of the old shaft type radios in my tractors also...these are old analog dials and don't hold frequency worth a crap anymore...don't really need anything real fancy, I just take the sirrus/xm and swap it around...
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm
My son got a $10 deal on this stereo. https://www.amazon.com/Blaupunkt-Toronto-Media-Receiver-Installation/dp/B07NJQVXDW Just have to make a DIN opening. Not a problem for the one that uses a removable plate to mount the unit.
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by IBWD MIke IBWD MIke wrote:

If I ever get the electrical straightened out in my 1066, just may give one a try! Looks pretty cool. Does it play 8-tracks? (No, I don't have any tapes).

I've got a whole bunch'a Burt Bacharach 8-tracks recorded to MP3... it'd play those... albeit without the "CahChunk" of direction changing when it was time to reverse for the next set of songs...

The worst thing about 8-tracks, is when your song was interrupted to change direction...

and that's probably why reel-to-reel was more popular for The Grateful Dead...  it didn't stop to CahChunk in the middle of a song!!!!

D'ya know why so many DeadHeads travelled from concert-to-concert?  because they'd spend half the night on just two songs!!!  LOLLOLLOL

Then there was Spiral Staircase... it had four tracks, with THE SAME SONG on each track...   Unless you had QuadraSound... then it just had the same song on TWO!!!

(who says Surround Sound is 'new'?  Hippies had 4.1 long before BetaMax!!!)
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic