This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reproduction A-C Hand Tools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reproduction A-C Hand Tools
    Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:44am
Was curious about how the collecting community feels about these??
These offered through Outback Toys.

Edited by steelwheelAcjim - 04 May 2021 at 8:45am
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
Sponsored Links

xbk9576 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbk9576 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 8:57am
https://farmtractorrepair.com/collections/allis-chalmers-tools/AC-Tools ;

get them from hear if you want them save some money their is no warranty on them 

Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 11:14am
The originals where Bonney the Allis Chalmers was never on the tools . I had one of the Big  Tool Shed displays .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 12:33pm
I've still got some Bonney open-end wrenches and a few sockets.
Bill(MO) View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 2:12pm
I still have a couple of sets and a 2 stack tool box from the 70`s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 5:20pm
Was at an auction up in PA, last week, there was an "Allis Chalmers" toolbox, some fool bought for $310.  Allis Chalmers my aunt fannie, it were a stack on or homak with some lawn and garden hood emblems, pop riveted on!  Sticking an AC label on chinese junk is an insult!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Alex09(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex09(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 11:41am
Man, DiyDave took the words right out of my mouth! Branding Chinese/overseas crap with an A-C logo is INSULTING to the Allis-Chalmers legacy! A-C was a Proud American company and now they are rebranding tools with no warranty under the A-C logo just to make a buck...
www.awtractor.com
A&W TRACTOR 920-598-1287
KEEPING ALLIS-CHALMERS IN THE FIELDS THROUGH THE 21ST CENTURY
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 12:17pm
About like putting Allis Chalmers on a new JUNK riding mower .
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 7:29pm
Theres no collecting on these, just ppl trying to keep the Allis Chalmers name be known, and applaude them
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 8:12am
I ordered 2 sets, they are pretty nice quality tools. About similar quality to many of the big tool truck names. While not really a collector piece, they are practical and usable. I also applaud the folks at J&D Productions for helping keep the tractor hobby alive and well. These sets are very reasonably priced as well too. I also got one of the AC work shirts, thinking I'll order a few more. 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:40am
If the quality is similar to what you would get a LOWES or MENARDS then i dont see a problem... If its the same as Wal Mart or K Mart, then im with Dave.

Using the ALLIS name to keep history alive is good.. Using it to sell cheap junk is not a plan.

Edited by steve(ill) - 06 May 2021 at 9:40am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:44am
I think those are pretty neat. I'd buy one if I needed another set
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic