This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Removing hydraulic pump from 190xt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Removing hydraulic pump from 190xt
    Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:50pm
So I'm trying to remove the hydraulic pump from my 1965 190 xt and I can't get the pump off. It appears the gear is larger than the hole. Does that gear come off? Any other advice would be great!
Sponsored Links

Lynn Marshall View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lynn Marshall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:06pm
The pump is held on with two long 3/8s bolts,but you need to remove the port plate first. It's got 4 short 5/16s bolts holding it. Swivel or flex socket required for that. Two lines and the suction hose on the port plate and two lines on the bottom of the pump. No need to mess with the drive gear end. Pump is splined to the gear.
spencefarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 4:17am
The issue is that I have all of that removed and free but the fear won't come through the hole. It doesn't matter what I do...
Alvin M View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alvin M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:04am
The gear stays on the engine with the housing 
youngorange2000 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngorange2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:13am
Are you able to "rock" the engine over by hand about 1/8 inch? IDK about the old style but on my 72 it was a tight fit. Mine has a splined shaft on the pump that slides out with the pump
spencefarm View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencefarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:04am
This one looks to be the splined shaft that comes with the pump as well. It looks like a really really tight squeeze.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:45am
When I had to change mine years ago, the gear was hard to get to slide off the splined shaft, ended up being a real bear.---like already stated, gear stays in tractor.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic