This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remanufacturing Allis Parts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
norm[ind] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norm[ind] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:23pm
  give some dimensions tie rods are not that hard to find  read my post back the way
  wehave ps gears hein warner pump gears [hyd. pump  a-c 241776 shafts  read my web site or call 1-574-342-4545 ca help  on any if your wallet is big enough  they like paid too  my 2 cents
Sponsored Links

Doyle B(NY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyle B(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:11pm
any thing on an allis chalmers 5040. tough to find parts
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:02pm
Affordable lift arm latches.
acdeerboy123 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acdeerboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:21pm
  have a set of good used fenders for earley d-10 e-mail me at  mlux@netins.net for more info
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:13pm
I guess I forgot about them being slid under the hood that far. A tractor one could still be made to work I would think with a little modification to the front of the tank.
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:04pm
I think the 125 PU's are all square tanks.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 6:02pm
For anyone who thinks something should be or would like to see something made YOu should check into it your self just to see what it takes in time and money to do so.Then alot of ?'s would be answered right then and there ,this is why.If you put alot of money out to have something made you need a little return on your money.
,unless you have alot of money to burn for a sale on items witch, most would not pay the price to have one.Just my 2 cents . Another good reason good tractors get parted out !
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:37pm
Dick L mentioned that it would take at least 2 molds to make the B/C/CA gas tanks? Where is the difference between the top and the bottom? The little indent in the CA type tank could be stamped seperately after formation. Also I don't think they have to be exact repros. Functional but yet visually correct. I believe the demand for a tank that holds gas is bigger than the demand for the few guys that will do a exact restoration.
Ideally you would make a tank with B style mounting ears underneath and the CA dent in the bottom. That way they would fit almost every B/C/CA tractor and 125 power unit in existence.
Michael Crowe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:52pm
Ted and Dustin, that manual depth adjuster is shown in both the Oxnard blade book and dirt scoop book.  I found a complete assembly in Sacremento, CA several years ago.  I can take some pics if you want me to.  Michael

Edited by Michael Crowe - 24 May 2011 at 1:52pm
The 14th Annual Exclusive AC Swap Meet will be held in Boonville, MO, March 7-8, 2025. See the club website for details: http://www.moacclub.com/
GBACBFan View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GBACBFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 1:06pm
MB, I think it's more realistic and more cost effective for B spindles that have been rebuilt. The spindle itself is usually good, it's the upright portion that wears. If an enterprising machinist would build them up, turn them to spec, and then sell them with a "core charge" for a good rebuildable pair in return, I think they'd do pretty well.

Maybe Charlie Tucker will offer a thought here. He's got the background to know if this would make sense.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they
are genuine." - Mark Twain
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:19am
I would agree, the B/C/CA gas tanks would be a good mover for sure if a good quality one can be manufactured! But then again, any fuel tank for the early model tractors would be a big hit I think. Fenders also I think would be a big hit no matter what model they would be for. There are some repro's out there for the B/C/CA's and some of the other model tractors, but the quality is a bit on the looow side. BUT, somethin' is better than nothin'.....
MBWisc View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 8:05am
B Spindles, B Gemmer gear box parts, D-series power steering pump parts and D-series distributor tach drive gear.
Wes (VA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes (VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 7:54am
How about the plastic cab tops for the 7030, 7050, and early 7040, 7060 and 80 with the flasher lights in the top??  I'm getting one made for my 7030, and thought while I'm at it I'd get a few more made..  any interest??  PM me would be best.   -Wes
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 10:37am
I'll have to take a good look at an unstyled WC next week at the GOTO. I might be able to make them. Anything that does not have compound curves.

I believe when industry figured out how to stamp sheet metal is when the styled tractors came out.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Rick of HopeIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick of HopeIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:19pm
Unstyled WC hood looks like it would be easy but never seen one reproduced.   More complex dies like the fuel tanks probably would not pay,  better to have a reman business repairing the old ones I guess.

I have thought of making the cloth parts like seat covers and repro umbrellas would be neat.  At the Renfro Valley show there were some old umbreallas.   I also remember when plain canvas pan seat covers were available at every hardware store,  nothin fancy.
1951 B, 1937 WC, 1957 D14, -- Thanks and God Bless
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 7:57pm
Ted, I think that Mike Crowe has one of those depth stops, but he seems to be the only guy I know that has one. Rich
RichinWis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichinWis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 7:55pm
Ted, I believe that Michael Crowe has one of those depth stops, He is the only guy I know that has one.
dharpo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dharpo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 7:17pm
governor weights for d-17 and power steering pump shaft
AS LONG AS THERE ARE SHADE TREES I CAN BE CALLED A MECHANIC
AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 3:05pm
How about an unstyled WC radiator with the ALLIS-CHALMERS stamped into it. The only radiators I can find are for styled ones.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Good View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:59am
How about casting new 426 blocks that would allow them to be bored and stroked more.Also could do modern 4 valve heads. maybe stronger bottom end too.
B212,716,two 314H's,WC,WD,D19,190XT
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 10:18am
Is someone decides they want to stamp out Gas tanks for the B's and C's I would like to quote on the dies.  It would take at least two. I would guess 150,000 each.  

I would guess that you would not live long enough to get a return on your investment.

This mold was over 100,000 several years ago and it has less steel than a gas tank die would take.

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 9:13am
Seems there is also a large industry now springing up in far east reproducing old motorcycle parts for British motorcycles.  Seen a NOS gas tank for Matchless cycle sell for $950 and a NOS  Norton tank go for $1200 , you can now buy reproductions of those tanks for $240 and $285 in chrome plated form. 
 Might pay for someone to see what these companies would charge to reproduce a tractor gas tank or fender. I know couple of the outfits are looking for pattern tanks to copy for other models so they can duplicate.
 Unsure if there are more tractor restorers or old motorcycle restorers out there .
I just bought a front disc brake rotor for Norton for $97 , made in India, as the ones said to be NOS from England are $350 and the so called good one i bought on E-bay for $40 turned out to be a worn out piece from a scrap pile behind someones shop.

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 17 Feb 2011 at 9:19am
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 6:37am
Originally posted by Tony.Or Tony.Or wrote:

I agree on small D series fenders,  We  have  the  D17 & D19  fenders, have  sold a few and  the ones i stock look fine to me.
  Tony    www.tonystractors.com

Tony, assuming that the bottom of the brace where the bolt goes is the same as the D-10, would it be possible to get just some braces? They are the first part to rust out.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Reeseholler View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reeseholler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 9:16pm
I wish somebody made rims like the originals. The One I got, the rails weren't centered to begin with and it was too tight to spin the hub even with a hammer. some grinder time made it work but still, I'm glad I wouldn't use it for plowing because the wheel would be in the wrong spot. Kind of aggrivating. I'm definately fixing the old one this spring and sticking it back on...
oldironguy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldironguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:50pm
Hydraulic components for the G would be great.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 8:26pm
A new grill for 180/190/210's that looks like the original, made of metal, and the lower screen for a 210.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 6:23pm

Steering gear boxes for the CA, C, and B. They were not the best design to start with. I see there is a guy on Ebay that rebuilds steering boxes for JD and Cub Cadet garden tractors. Last I looked he was wanting about $175 for a rebuilt one.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 11:42am
 I agree on small D series fenders,  We  have  the  D17 & D19  fenders, have  sold a few and  the ones i stock look fine to me.
  Tony    www.tonystractors.com
TexasAllis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 10:04am
LP carb and regulator kits.
KenBWisc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenBWisc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 9:45am
Gimmer steering gear box parts and spindles for the B. D-19 power steering pump parts. 
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic