This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recipe for disaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recipe for disaster
    Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:15pm
Over the last couple weeks, we've been getting snow, then some rain, a little thawing, then back to freezing. Then maybe a little more snow and rain, freeze, thaw, repeat. Long story short, my yard is a deadly ice skating rink for a fat older bastard such as myself. Just got a nice little dusting of new snow now tonight, so it's more treacherous than ever. I think I need to buy some of those cleats for my shoes. Darrel
Sponsored Links

im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:21pm
I have a couple sets of those. I have found that the spiral spring is best for hard pack snow and ice when not going on concrete but the studs work better on concrete and are more comfortable when on them all day

Get a set...you will not regret it

Rh
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2018 at 9:26pm
Makes me wonder about Shameless and his loving wife. They have a snow machine that they run night and day. Do they also have an ice melt company? 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Makes me wonder about Shameless and his loving wife. They have a snow machine that they run night and day. Do they also have an ice melt company? 

He is have to much funLOL laughing at Darrel skating across his yard. Hopefully if he was raking the money in he would spend some to get a computer tech on the payroll. It's hard for us to know he is gloating LOL when he cannot get on weeks at a time.Wink  But once you get CHEAP(Poke,poke,poke), I don't know if you can change or not.LOL
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:15am
Don't pick on poor Shameless by calling him cheap  He is just "ULTRA FRUGAL"   Just a nice way of cheap  !!!!!!!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2018 at 10:43am
I'M OUTTA HERE!!  (ducking head fassssst)
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 7:18am
should be lots of old golf shoes out their since they decided the old spiked shoes hurt the grass
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:59am
Thanks Wayne! I always thoughts them things would change yer shoes/boots into ice skates? Darrel...where's that pillow I told you to wear? you gots your corn out yet?
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:21am
when I was young we had old gunny sacks we tied around feet to get around on ice/snow

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:23am
wow...Joe....how long ago was that? I never heard of that before!
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:44am
I don't understand, i never had shoes till I found one. Believe I was in my teens with everybody else in the 2nd grade!!!! If yer toe nails are long enough you won't slip on ice. Heck I was 6 before dad could afford cloths for me then he just bought me a cap so I could stand up and look out the window. Just kidding I been blessed and am thankful. Be careful on the ice . I seen them cleat things but never thought I needed them. Got a good chance fer snow here on Sunday. No I don't think shamless would do that to me.
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:48am
   LOL Ole Darrel's story kinda reminds me of a happenin way back there,,,,,,
 I'm gonna say it was long bout I was in 4th grade and the "season" was TAPS on your shoes,,,,mostly everybody had just one "horseshoe" on each shoe,,,,but some of the rich kids ,,Chit,,they'd have as many as 3 of them horseshoe ones on the back ,,,and,,,and,,the really rich brats had em on the back and even on the fronts of their shoes,,,!!!  DANG,,,they would sound so great traipsin down the halls,,, Some of those guys developed a rhythym of sound hittin on alll 10 of them taps,,,SWEET,,,!!!WinkWink
 Since I was always in the slightly dis-advantaged group,,,I only had one on the backs,,,,!!! Well,,My friend, Bernie was even more dis-advantaged then me,,,,,he,,,,he could never get any for his shoes,,,,,thet poor thing,,,Wink
 Well,,we is sittin in class one day and we hear the sweetest soundin rythym comin down the hall towards us and everybody askin,,"Who might that be with them GREAT soundin taps,,??",, The richest kid says,,I'm gettin some of them soon as I find out who that is gots them great sounding taps,, I am,,!!
 Next thing we know,,,ole Bernie taps his way into the classroom and,,,,and,,,,everybody wants a look-see at his taps,,but that chit azz puts his feet under the desk,,so we gotta wait til recess and then we all MOB him and,,,,,and,,,,,,,ole Bernie gots some COKE BOTTLE CAPS "nailed" onto  his shoes with #8 nails,,!!! Hole'ist Chit,,!!!  This really happened and that's the troot,,,!!!!ClapClap
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 9:49am
The cleats are pretty common up here we use them to walk on the hard water to fish. I don't use fat! Chubby sounds kinder.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 8:28pm
Chubby Cheeks - Lyrics
Chubby cheeks, dimple chin
Rosy lips, teeth within
Curly hair, very fair
Eyes are blue - lovely too.
Teachers pet, is that you?
Yes, Yes, Yes!

DANG!!!  I threw all my OLD golf shoes away!!  But then, I don't think Darrel would wear a size 13???
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic