This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding the D14 backhoe/loader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:21am
So your the type who would pawn your mistakes off on others... I thought better of you. Lol
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:09pm

""So your the type who would pawn your mistakes off on others.""
  Gosh Dan,,,,don't hit me no more,,,even them wet noodles sting a little,,,,,,Wink
  I just about got the modifications done and just need one dang street ell and I'da been done,,,,,looks better and cleaned up the piping nice,,,,,Clap
  Say,,,I 'm thinkin it might of been you that suggested that I pipe up,,,er,,,,never mind,,,,,Wink
   Study'in on this some more,,,I think I'll install a "bypass valve" just inside the two quick couplers goin to the B/H,,,cause when I remove the B/H,,the loader will not get any pressurized fluid,,,, Would'a been better if I had made the loader the priority feed and the B/H the slave,,,,,but the loader control valve dumps straight back into the reservoir,,so,,,,,no can do,,,but I like this set-up better,,,,,Clap
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:21pm
Joe put a quick connect going in and out of the backhoe where you disconnect it. Then you can just unhook the hose and bypass the backhoe completely when you remove it. Yup probably will find this Dame suggestion back on page something in the single digit range or in an email I sent you a while back with photos of my d15 don't remember where but yes I did suggest it when you said you where going to hook up the hoe. Think I mentioned that the hose setup to just plug into the backhoe or to plug back into the tractor was a setup I got from a friend who rebuilds ford 800 serries tractors. He gets all the 4 wd setups he can find around here. Those are actually pretty cool with the standard transmission Sherman reverser and 4wd. But setup like that they want crazy money for them.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:24pm
Joe maybe you can trade that valve to Les for some if them carburetor probably other motor parts he has sitting around....
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:20pm
Dan....you wanna borrow my stick, I just sharpened it again!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 9:22pm
Yes please.   LMAO
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:21pm

Dan....you wanna borrow my stick, I just sharpened it again!

And, Shameless,, you can keep thet dang poker'er in yore pocket,,,,,OK,,OK,,,,maybe we need a truce for a day or so,,,,,,I'll stop tellin folks you DO drink Black Label,,,,what will you offer for the truce,,,,???Wink

Edited by desertjoe - 03 Oct 2016 at 9:00am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 9:51pm

Well, Guys,,Update # 99,,It has been many enjoyable days, weeks, months,, years gettin this project to this point and I am glad it is finally finished where it can go to work. Gonna load it on the trailer and take it up to the mountain place to do some clean up next week. Still thinkin bout building a bolt-on thumb for it,tho,,,The extra decals and pin stripeing that were on the industrials haven't come in yet so that will be "last job".
 I tried to re-do the piping to delete the selector valve but neither the BH or the loader would operate,,,,HMMmm,,,??? So, I relocated the selector valve where it can be reached from the BH seat as well as the tractor seat,,Works many wonderfuls now,,,,ClapClap
 The rebuild of the Cessna Rotary Swing Cylinder was absolutely the biggest and most stressful job,,,but was well worth all the B,S&T's as it works so well now,,,!!!! OH,,,,one other thing,,,the swing is so forcefull,,you gotta just barely move the lever and it wants to haul azz,,,!!! There are some " 3/16" restriction orifices" in both of the 3/8" hydraulic hoses to the cylinder and I'm thinkin bout machining some new ones with smaller orifices like bout 1/4",,,,??  The Rotary swing cylinder uses 3/8" hoses , where all the other hoses are 1/2". What do the "Hydraulic Gurus" think  bout goin to 1/4" orifices,,???

Edited by desertjoe - 06 Oct 2016 at 9:53pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:04pm

Edited by desertjoe - 15 Oct 2016 at 4:52am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:10pm

CHIT,,,CHIT,,,,,OK,,Charlie   ,or somebody,,a little help here, can't figure what the hay happened,,,I can't find the rotate to straighten them lopsided ones,,,looks like ole Shameless after drinkin some of his home made Black label,,,,,Clap
   ClapSorry bout that,,,,,
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:16pm
well...you better takes some before the mountain place and then some after the mountain place! i'm sure you'll just scratch the chit outta it! PffffT!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:21pm

Hey Good Buddy,,,do you know how to"rotate" them pics that look drunk,,,????
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:34pm
not when i'm sober
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2016 at 10:53pm

LOLLOLLOL
  Anybody,,,???? need to rotate pics #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and delete one of the duplicates,,Thanks,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 07 Oct 2016 at 7:57am
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:08pm
Here ya' go, desertjoe. Smile

Edited by BenGiBoy - 08 Oct 2016 at 1:11pm
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 1:11pm
Hope that that is right!!!
'39 Model B
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2016 at 5:24pm

BenGIBoy,,,you're the greatest,,DANG,,,I appreciate you,,,!!!,,,,,and,,,,and,,,you can tell ole Shameless,,,I SAID SO,,,!!!! You know I tried everything this ole man could think of,,the pics in my pic folder were ok and I even tried deleting and startin over but still would rotate,,,I even transferred them to the folder here in the correct orientation,,,but somehow the uploading was rotating em,,,and for why I know even less,,,,,,,,but,,,,
   you KNEW this was coming,,,,HOW'ed you do it,,,????ClapClap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 1:28am
and YOU wanted to teach me how to post pics?????? (poke,poke,poke)
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2016 at 4:15am
Shameless misery loves company.
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 7:15am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

BenGIBoy,,,you're the greatest,,DANG,,,I appreciate you,,,!!!,,,,,and,,,,and,,,you can tell ole Shameless,,,I SAID SO,,,!!!! You know I tried everything this ole man could think of,,the pics in my pic folder were ok and I even tried deleting and startin over but still would rotate,,,I even transferred them to the folder here in the correct orientation,,,but somehow the uploading was rotating em,,,and for why I know even less,,,,,,,,but,,,,
   you KNEW this was coming,,,,HOW'ed you do it,,,????ClapClap

I saved them to my computer, opened them with a image editor, rotated them 90 degrees, saved them, re-uploaded them to the site, and attached them to a post. Simple as that. Smile Smile Big smile
'39 Model B
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 5:02am

OK,,many thanks BengiBoyClap
     OK,,,I've reached update #100,,,,,and I think I'm DONE with the "Rebuilding" of this project,,,,,,gosh,,,it has been soooooo long in the makin,,,4, 5 years,,,,Clap time to put this thing to work,,,and go on to my next project,,,,,the completion of the Lambo 55,,,yea,,,yeah,,,Clap
    I built this "thumb" usin ideas from several pics on the 'net and it works many wonderfuls,,, so I'll be able to grab and move them logs at the place up in the mountains.

Edited by desertjoe - 15 Oct 2016 at 5:19am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2016 at 5:48am

CHIT,,,pics didn't load,,,bite yer tongue,,Shameless,,,
  The "teeth" are 1/2" plate, the "main" hold-down is 2"X2"X3/8" square tubing, and the anchor points are 5/8" and 1" machined pins,,should be hell for stout,,,!!!Clap
   CHIT,,Bengiboy,,it done it again on the last pic,,,WTF,,??? When I rt click on the pic, I don't see a "save" option,,,???

Edited by desertjoe - 17 Oct 2016 at 9:57am
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:16am
When I right-click it gives me a list of options... one of them is 'Save image as...'

But that is okay....I am here to save your bacon again. Big smileBig smileLOL
So here it is:

'39 Model B
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 9:59am

Hey BengiBoy,,,,,,I'm gonna figure it out ,,,,soon or late,,,,Hungry thanks you too,,,!!!Clap
BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 12:21pm
I know you'll get it, just keep trying.... Wink
'39 Model B
structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:26pm
I like the thumb Thumbs Up
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 6:35pm
I'm glad o'l Hungry is not standing on his head . That could get aggravating after a while.

Looking good Joe,hope you can us it and keep it pretty. So I guess that means none of us misfits get to operate it.

Edited by Ray54 - 18 Oct 2016 at 6:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic