This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rebuilding the D14 backhoe/loader

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 9:46am
my old lady stayed home from work yesterday, she said she had a mammoth headache...so I don't know if it's something wrong with her, of if i'm the one causing it! lol...she did gits into sum poison oak this week pulling weeds in the garden! and yes....we gots LOTS of deer here...but only law enforcement are allowed the hunting here.
Sponsored Links

Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 6:31pm
You just need a good front bumper on that big boy truck then it ant haunting it's an accident.....
Tell the wife to get some chemicals for that poison oak. That stuff is nasty I don't mind poison Ive but the oak is nasty.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:31pm
Dan....already had one deer go under that truck....no damage to the truck, but that deer was DOA!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:33pm
Well some of the deer should have been ok. Might take a few to get one good one for the freezer...
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:36pm
lol...oh and Dan...another story on that big truck....a lady hit me from behind one day while stopped at a stop sign (how could she NOT see that thing?) I climbed out and walked back, then walked to her window and she was telling me how sorry she was, and I told her there was no damage to my truck and asked her if she just wanted to drop it? she agreed whole heartedly! and we both left. (sure bet she was p*ssed when she gots home and saw what it did to the front of her car!)  
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:46pm
LMAO a friend of mine had a ford ranger he rear ended a chevy 3/4 ton. Said the front bumper of his truck was on the ground lights smashed in and the fenders messed up. The chevy looked perfect. He was right infront of a Toyota dealer. The guy with the chevy actually laughed at him and said I don't need to report it as far as i am concerned that is what you get for driving a ford. I heard this story ad Ray was showing us the brand new Rav 4 that he bought trading in the beat up ford. Before I could say a word someone else said so ray looks like you didn't learn anything that toy motor won't take a hit any better then the ford. That was about 12 years ago and I remember it clear as day we all laughed soo hard.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2016 at 7:53pm
I was sitting in my bright red 73 CJ-5 waiting to turn left when I felt a 'thunk'. Looked back, some jerk in a 63 vette had run into me ! Get out, saw that some mud had come off my rear bumper. Asked him HOW he couldn't see my BRIGHT RED JEEP...'ah, I was looking at the gauges' he said. He wanted out of there PDQ, so I said, I'm OK, my Jeeps's OK, ...Going back to the Jeep I see lots of fractures ALL over the front of the vette. He just wanted to get out BEFORE the cops showed up....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 1:29am
lol....makes ya wonder if that dude was test driving the vette??  lol
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 11:16am

Well,,Guys,,,,finally got a bit of an update on my LOOOOOONG runnin D14 Industrial Series 3 1/2 project,,,, but the sob does Swing all the way to BOTH directions now,,,!!!!!  Dang,,,!! that right there was one BFJ,,,and took like forever,,took just as long to find the right seals for the cylinder and just as long for the job,,but it is lashed up and operating like it susspossed to,,,Clap
   I know I'm gonna do like ole Shameless and send a letter of complaint to the CEO of  Minn-Par, as they had the friggin parts all the time just wouldn't get off their toolie-waks to get em,,!! BUT,,,they couldn't stop ole Albert from Ziegler Equip. Co,,,! He knew what I needed and got em from Minn-par,,,how bout that,,,???Clap
   I feel a little better now,,,,,Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:26pm
dang Joe! that ole gal looks GOOD! now it's to purdy to use it! whew! that needs to be in someones inside collection! me thunks, you need to build a big building and start collecting!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 1:27pm
and.....even tho you drink rot gut beer, you do...do a good job at restoring! congrats!
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 8:20pm
Looks great but it looks do good you sure you actually want to dig a hole you might scratch it up... you better to find a beater to use... lol. Congrats on a job well done.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:22pm
Looks great Joe, I'm gonna hafta come down an try it out sometime, we'll hafta have some coffee or beers or somtin, I gots that ferd runnin purty good now, maybe it will makes it down there an back
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:24pm
hey.....where's the beer holder on that thing?
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 9:26pm
At the end of that long arm holds a couple if kegs at a time.....
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 5:01am

Hey THANKS Guys for the nice comments,,,its been a long time gettin here,,and like my Good Buddy says,,,WHEW!!!,Clap  Feel free to come on down, Michael,,we'll take your trk and go cruise Sonic,,,,
    Drove it out from the carport yesterday and gave the hoe a good workout and the swing cylinder works "Many Wonderfuls" ,,,
   If I ever catch up with the idiot that assembled the cylinder wrong to cause me all these headaches,,,,I gonna make him,,,,,,,,,,well,,,I'm gonna make him drink at least 5 Black Labels that been in the garage (HOT) for at least 7 months,,,,,,,Clap That outa teach him,,,,By Golly,,,!!!Wink
   Took a grease gun and hit all the new zerks and,,,,,,,,there is ONE that would NOT take any grease,,and is the big cylinder on the crowd,,,so back in the carport it goes. Gonna try to melt the old grease first, but like all others,,will prolly have to remove and machine a new pin,,,,,THEN,,,I should be able to say " It Done",,,,,Clap
 I did quite a bit of documentation on the disassembly and rebuild of the Cessna Swing Cylinder, with part numbers and am thinkin bout doin a write up for others here. It's not really a complicated process but lots of time could of been saved with a good step by step,,,,,Clap I can't remember which member here called out Albert's phone number with Ziegler Equip, but that guy was a life savior in gettin me the right parts,,so Thanks to him,,,,,ClapClap

BenGiBoy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenGiBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2016 at 8:29am
NICE LOOKING!!! Big smile 
Like Dan73 says, how are you a gonna bring yourself to scratch that nice new paint?
'39 Model B
Tractors are cheaper than girls, remember that!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 9:58am

Well, Guys,,,It passed it's first job,,,!! Our Water Co-op passed a BS regulation that henceforth,all members have to install a block valve 3 feet inside your property line, that "YOU" will use for shutting off water when you need to,,,,BS,,,BS,,,BS,,!! But since I ain't a law breaker like ole Shame,,,er,,one of our buddies,,,I' went ahead and started a line finder dig out,,,Backhoe did many wonderfuls,,,,,,ClapClapClap
 Got her back under carport to clean it up and tuoch up the scratched paint on the bucket,,,,WinkWink,,,just kidding,,,,,WinkWink,,,,,

I remembered I did have one last job to do,,,,The Industrial models have an oil cooler in the bottom of the Radiator for the Shuttle and the PO had cobbled up the fittings at the cooler and they were in the way of the left brake pedal, so I had temporarily installed a rubber hose jumper from fitting to fitting until I got time to plumb the cooling lines correctly. Yesterday, when I removed the jumper hose,,,some really thick gunk came out of the line like maybe the oil had not been circulating in the cooler,,,??? Anybody got an idee how much pressure there should be at these lines as it has to get to the radiator and back,,,,,,??? Dang,,,hope this ain't another OH,Oh,,
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 10:04am
How is the oil in the transmission.   Hate to say it but thick gunk there sounds like a bad seal between the transmission and the torque tube.   The d17 I have has the same setup for the torque tube and it doesn't have an intercooler they are only on there for the shuttle clutch because a forward reverser gets shifted alot. You couldn't have run the d14 enough to damage the oil yet. I would bet unless you use it in a gravel pit you will never use the transmission enough to need the intercooler. They are a nice to have but not needed.
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 10:08am
You do need to sort it out though the d serries started with gear oil in the torque tube but was quickly changed over to hydraulic because clutches didn't hold up to the gear oil. I read something about that a while back.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 2:13pm
seems to me....some "Les" is rubbing off on ole Joe.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:01pm
Lookin GOOD!!!  CONGRATS buddy!!

I needs something like that around up here.......seems I got some peoples who like to "borrow" my stuff when I'm gone.  I'm thinkin maybe they just might disappear?????? next time I see em on MY land....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:48pm
Ted....I had trouble with trespassers in one of my fields, wouldn't have minded it much, cept they kept throwing their beer bottles all over my fields. ever hear one go thru a combine? it gits all sparkily inside the grain tank! anyways...I dug a trench across that field road with my backhoe, piled the dirt off to the side where it wasn't visable. and within a week I found out who was going in there. caught (2) vehicles. I turned them over to the Sheriff and a tow company.  
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 7:55pm
Yup then drunks sure can be trouble.   They toss out aluminum cans in a field you chop for cows and then the can gets shredded and kills the cows. They call it hardware. Try to collect anything on that you can't insurance won't cover it either we lost alot of good cows that way. Ended up working with the police to get them to monitor the field entrance. Took a long time but the fields are better now.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:17pm

"".I dug a trench across that field road with my backhoe""
  Very resourceful,,,Good Buddy,,,!!!!Clap
         There was a part of the Refinery grounds that were kinda isolated, and we always had the party'ers dumpin their cans and bottles and trash,,,signs didn't do any good either,or the sheriff's dept keepin an eye on it,,, finally,, I had the Maintenance foremen go build up a big pile of dirt across the access road,,,and it worked cause the followin Sun mornin, I get a call from the Shift Foreman that there was a trk hung up on the dirt pile,,,I thought to myself,,"What kind of idiot would try to drive over a 5 ft pile of dirt,,,,?
  As it turned out,,,,,,,it was a well known person and 3 of his buddies,,drunker n chit,,,,,,,I recognized him immediately,,,it was Dr Ala****,,,,my danged ole cousin,,,and was he embarrassed,,,,,,LOLLOL He never came back,,,,WinkWink
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 8:23pm
Building a manure pile near the entrance to the field did catch one drunk. He buried his truck all the way to the door in the pile an it was really wet manure got all through the truck. I figured it must have stunk for years after that.
johnkc View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2016 at 9:20pm
" and gave the hoe a good workout"   And what? no pics? Congrats on gettin er done!
I support the development of hybrid automobiles and alternative fuels as I need DIESEL fuel for my ALLIS CHALMERS!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:25am

Well,,my Series 2 1/2 D14 done got another job under it's belt with great results,,,,,Clap
 I had been needin to install a bigger line for the outlet of the kitchen sink,,,so I dug the trench out to the south bout 100' long and it done many wonderfuls,,,,,YEA,,,ClapClap bout halfway,,the engine just up and died and had lost fire,,,,found the new points I had installed during the rebuild had pitted real bad,,,so I filed the contacts and fired that mother back up,,,anyways,,finished the ditch up and now gonna wait for cooler weather to run the line,,,,,Clap
 There is ONE MORE THING,,,for the hydraulic/ backhoe GURUS here. Whenever I had to move the tractor back,,I kept havin to get off the "backhoe seat" and reach down to shift the selector valve from backhoe to loader,,,raise the bucket,,shift valve back to B/H,, then crawl back over to the B/H seat to move B/H,,,move back to selector valve,,,shift back to loader, lower bucket,,,shift back to B/H ,,,,CHIT,,,what a CF,,,!!!   Ya see what I;m talkin bout,,,????,,,,, This .little tidbit is a BIG PITA,,I'll tell youse guys for sure,,,,I'm really wantin to relocate the selector valve  to where I can reach it from the B/H seat,,,,OR,,,,,do away with it completely,,,,?? I remember the 3 B/H's at work didn't have a selector valve ,,,so,,,What is the net affect of removing the valve,,,,,?? It gonna be a good sized job to relocate the valve but,,,,,,????
  Needin some kind words and,,,and,,,remember its Sunday,,,,,Clap
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:43am
Joe throw that selector valve in the trash. Take the hydraulic line from the pump to the backhoe control valve the output from the backhoe valve to the input of the loader valve they will be in serries and both will work great easy as pie. That is how I have 3 different hydraulic valves plumbed on my d15. It works great with open center valves.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:19am

Well,,I went out and had a close look see at the selector valve piping and shouldn't be too big a deal for an old shade tree pipefitter like ole Joe,,,,Clap I may even try to do it today if TSC has the fittings I will need. Thats one issue I got with  this TSC,,it don't carry very many plumbing fittings and what little they have are all galvanized,,!! I told the little woman manager I was gonna sic ole Shameless on her for thet,,,,,she just rolled her baby greens and smiled,,,,Clap
   Oh,,and Dan,,,me being "thrifty" I ain't gonna throw thet BRAND NEW selector valve with only 3 hours runnin time on it,,,in the trash,,,,Wink I figure somebody here will need one just like it. It has 1" inlet and 2- 1" outlets,,,Hey, hey, hey, Um,ma, ma, ma, this heres brand new folks,,,still got the the new paint on it,,Um,ma, ma, ma. whata ya say,,,hey, hey, hey,,,,,,Wink
 I'm still tryin to learn postin pics with Win10,,,chit,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic