This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rattle can Persion Orange 2 paint

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rattle can Persion Orange 2 paint
    Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:36am
Is there a rattle can Persion Orange 2 paint available in Krylon or other brand paint? I know there is a no. 1820 Krylon for Persion Orange 1.
Thanks,
Mike
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
Sponsored Links

Bull View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:04pm
You might try VanSickle. They make PO#1 that is right on the money. They manufacture paint for Tisco as well. 
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:06pm
You can get Persion # 2 in the cans from AGCO.
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:08pm
the rustoleum ac orange is similar to po2.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
KC-WD45 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KC-WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 2:28pm
 I don't know what you will be doing with the rattle cans but I had painted my wd45 with PPG persian #2 and then after final assembly I had some bolt heads that needed a touch up. I got a couple of cans from agco and it was a pretty close match untill you got it in good light and then you could see every spot I had sprayed. In the end I wound up going over it again with the PPG and spray gun.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:16pm
Rattle DE Dattle !!!!!!!!!
Texas B View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:20pm
What does Tractor Supply have?  I got some there.
Texas B 39
caRon View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:16pm

Who sells VanSickle brand paint? Has anyone used the Krylon 1820? Does it hold up? I don't know about their farm/implement paint, but their regular rattle can paint is very low quality. Ron

CA Tractor
mattIL View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 5:46pm
Ron 
I sell the vanSickle paint in both Persain Orange 1 and 2 along with creme and many other colors.  The cost is $9.00 per can plus shipping.  The cans are slow drying paint but color matches very well.  I also sell the the paint in gallons with hardner.  I will be at the show in Fortwayne, In in April, or I can ship it.

Thanks Matt
815-861-9636 evenings are best or please leave message
mnoonan-NEWI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnoonan-NEWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 6:24pm
Thanks fella's for all the good comments.
Mike
AC CA, Ferguson TO-20, Ford NAA, M-M BG, AC #3 Mower, SC Plow, PH Digger, AC 720's with Ark 700 loader & Brantly Backhoe, "Mini B" w/flathead Ford V8
amac View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 6:31pm
I carry the persian 1 and 2 in aerosols and gallons. they match the 60080 persian 1 and 60396 persian 2 number that norm swinford refers to in his books.
papastanh View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papastanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:12pm
Ok, call me unknowing, but please tell me the difference between Persian 1 and Persian 2.
dsgraf View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 8:49pm
Yea and what year did it change?
Dale H. ECIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale H. ECIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:32pm
Ac had 3 shades of orange;

Persian #1  1929-1960
Persian #2  1960-1977
Corporate   1977-1985

Each shade of orange from #1 to Corporate was a little darker or reddish in color.
Allis Chalmers Museum, Paris, Il.http:// www.allischalmersmuseum.com 217-275-3428
Michael (WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:48pm
Below is a test I did of Fleet Farm's two options which were generically labeled AC orange.  The ironic thing is all three paints pictured are made by Valspar.

Michael (WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:54pm
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 9:58pm
I painted an entire tractor with rattle can Krylon 1820 from Walmart.  It's at least 5 years old and still looks real good.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:01pm
Never ceases to amaze me that with all the people looking for cheap and correct paint that Valspar refuses to bother to get the colors right. I mean like how  hard would it be  for them  to put a chip of 60080 and 60396 and whatver coperate orange under the same machine my PPG dealer uses and get the stupid colors correct, then mix them correctly  AND label them  correctly Persian 1,2 and corp??????,,, GOOD GRIEF nothing but stupidity!!!
Off my box, I feel better now
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:16pm
you can get van sickle at orscheln's.  reasonable price and have both po 1 and 2.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 7:10am
If painting one complete unit with a Rattle can you will get a match .How do you expect a rattle can to match what is sprayed out of a gun,you can't and it will never happen unless you have your paint mixed to spray out of a paint gun then have  some of it put in a rattle can for touch up and then it might not match .I can go to a show and look at a line up of 20 tractors painted  by 20 differran people ( corp. color ) and see differan shades  .Dose it not also have to do with how the metal preparation was done and the primer ,and what is added to the paint be for spraying  it?.And the paint mixer. I am not a painter but been around for awhile and seen alot of painting of all kinds .Just my 3 cents but I do not think the odds are for anyone trying to match paint out of a paint gun to what comes out of a rattle can.
Lyle124 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyle124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 7:59am
When painting with a gun the color will vary if you hold the gun closer or further from the surface. It may not be much but it can be seen if you look close, that's why the auto manufactures went to robots computer operated.
5040 Bad Boy Mower
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:58am
Paint wont match excatly when two differant batches are mixed at the same supplier. Paint doesnt match the same when viewed in differant light. Paint shade varies with the color of the underlayments and the texture of the finish. They sure as heck are not going to match exactly if you try to patch urethane with spray bomb acrylic enamels. These are all fine points. What I was talking about was the ding dongs at Valpsar cant get within a mile of being right and seemingly dont care if its right.  One batch at TSC is red, next year when they change the labels it is yellow you never know and its all labeled A-C Orange. Go buy some JD paint from them and see if it matches, we have a F-620 and I splashed some on a couple spots just to keep it from rusting and you cannot tell it was patched from 3 feet away. let alone looking down a row of tractors. My brother in law regularly patches the dings in his Case/IHC equipment with valspar spray bombs and at least you cant tell it from the dang road like the A-C paint. This is when I learned Valspar can do it, they just wont in the case of our paint.
Dont get me wrong I wouldnt paint a tractor with Valspar or any other cheapo paint or spray bomb on a bet but others do and It would be nice to have a some around to fix dings without wondering what the color of the week is.
Off my stool, again.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Dale H. ECIL Dale H. ECIL wrote:

Ac had 3 shades of orange;

Persian #1  1929-1960
Persian #2  1960-1977
Corporate   1977-1985

Each shade of orange from #1 to Corporate was a little darker or reddish in color.
WELL, now see, it all started long ago! LOL! I personally like the corporate orange the best, it is vibrant, where the persions are more drab. Cream looks great with it too, better than the correct cloud white.
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Michael (WI) Michael (WI) wrote:

this shows the differences perfectly, corp on left, po2 center, po1 on right.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Lyle124 Lyle124 wrote:

When painting with a gun the color will vary if you hold the gun closer or further from the surface. It may not be much but it can be seen if you look close, that's why the auto manufactures went to robots computer operated.
This is especially true with metallics.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 2:55pm
I must admit there is shade variation between rattle can batches, but I don't paint a tractor to shine it and line it, I paint for preservation and so it looks good while I'm plowing with it.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 3:30pm
The Build-a-B at Dale's is mostly painted with Rattle can Krylon 1820...................

Edited by GlenninPA - 09 Feb 2011 at 3:30pm
caRon View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 3:39pm
this krylon 1820, is it farm/implement paint? Ron
CA Tractor
Harry up of Mi. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry up of Mi. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:54pm
Mike
The tractor guy across from the central Wis. airport sells Tisco paint Persain orange #1 and #2 in raddle cans. I bought some their last summer.
We are still in Az. temp was near 70 today. Cold last week. Come on down, tractor show in Apache Junction is March 12 & 13
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 6:29am
I am a Tisco dealer also ,I will not sell paint ,that way I do not have to here about NO MATCHING .Paint matching problem's  did not just start yesterday .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic