This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

R52 one more time

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PawPaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: R52 one more time
    Posted: 2 hours 43 minutes ago at 12:54pm
Torque limiter on upper feeder chain had some sloop in it so ordered new one,when I got it out of the box thought something looked different. The old one has 21 splines and the one I ordered has 19. Did they change the shaft at some point. My machine is a 93 serial number 53054. I ordered part 71359286 that the parts book says is for 53001-58000. Don’t know if the wrong part got put in the box or what. 58001 and up show a different part number for both the shaft and torque limiter. Any help greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 40 minutes ago at 1:57pm
It mat have had the later shaft and limiter installed at some point. I put a 65/75 upper shaft in my 97 62 which eliminated the TL. Had to buy the hub for mounting pulley and the sprockets. Started out as replacing shaft from loose sprockets so since it needed everything it got the total upgrade. Can't go by serial number for all that now. You need to be talking to a competent parts guy when replacing parts giving all the information about what you have.

Edited by SteveM C/IL - 1 hour 37 minutes ago at 2:00pm
PawPaw View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PawPaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1 hour 24 minutes ago at 2:13pm
Seem to be learning more about it all the time. Old brain is getting a workout. Thanks for the reply
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic