This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about custom farm toys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about custom farm toys
    Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 6:51pm
For the past few years I have been custom weathering and selling 1/50 construction toys.  It is surprizing to see what people in the construcion hobby will pay for models.  I have been thinking about trying it with a 1/16 Ertl Precision trator such as the WC, Deere A or Farmall M, do you think there would be any interest?  Here is a small sample of som of my work.
Sponsored Links

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:12pm
Don't know if there'd be any interest in it or not, but that is some dang nice work.
AaronSEIA
JeremyHarmon(VA) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeremyHarmon(VA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:30pm
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.  Great work show us more.
6080-3500hrs   CA NF 618GT
5050-2300hrs   78 Hay Rake
5050-1100hrs   Snap Coupler Equip
5040/loader-2800hrs   CA WF
D12III   D10II   B112
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:38pm
Thanks guys, here is a few more.  My earlier ones are not as good as my later ones.
Flyer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:18pm
That is awesome work.  Are you going to weather the haulers too?
An optimist sees the glass as half full. The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The engineer sees a glass with double the required capacity.
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Flyer Flyer wrote:

That is awesome work.  Are you going to weather the haulers too?

No way, can't do that!  Trucks are suppossed to be pretty.  I just bought a Precision WC, I'll see how it comes out.
codey lowe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote codey lowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 9:01pm
yea that is good work, toy collecting is very popular. there are auctual farm toy shows that you can go to. i dont know if you have ever heard of Sublette Illinois, but they close down the whole town for that weekend and fill all of the buildings including the school with farm toys and farm displays. i have a few displays of my own and have probably $4,500 in them
if it dont blow black smoke, then it must be broke
Armand(AZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Armand(AZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:28pm

Claus, those are as realistic as anything I have ever seen.  Great work and a neat idea!!!    Check out DonCampbellmodels.com to see the construction stuff he builds, and he makes a bundle doing it!!   Armand

Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:33pm
Thanks Armand, your too kind.  I'm familiar with Don Cambbell's work , His stuff sells for thousands and somethimes ten of thousands.  I have no where near the talent that you and Don have.  I just got lucky at screwing up models.
NCWC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCWC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 8:54pm
I wanna see that WC then it is done!!
B,C,CA,RC,WC,Unstyled WC,WD,WD-45,B puller, WC Puller,WD Puller, WD-45 Puller
JeffHillNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffHillNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 9:49pm
Claus, thats a great looking model but it brings back bad memories of a broken pivot shaft on the day my daughter was born fri.5-14-93. Was at hospital with wife for labor inducment and bossman called saying the right side final drive was sitting on the side frame, we tore it down and flew a shaft in from a cat dealer via air emory express from washington state and had it back ripping monday night. Its curious that all the models of D-10's that I have seen only have one exhaust stack when the original had a pair of 8inchers coming of a twin turboed 3412. Still very nice weathering and wear all in the right spots. great looking work. jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic