This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pulling rules?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pulling rules?
    Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 3:35pm
Just curious how different clubs set up there engine rules.
In my area they have made a rule that you can run any engine from same manufacture as long as it bolts in with no mods.

So they allow IH to run red diamond, oliver 310 , MM 800 block and heads.
I am not one to complain, but it sure seems bias to me. 
Well around here these are the dominate tractors. Red diamonds and olivers always in the top places. One of the MM had 670 cubes he won his class at idle in road gear.
But they will allow you to run a d17 engine in a 45? Uhhh hmmm. Why not a 301? Or a F2 diesel?
Or how about a rule for all that just puts cube limit or hp limit what ever engine you want? I sure would make it more economical.
I think they are ruining the sport, if you run a different brand you are at a disadvantage.
 The national rules say you have to run a stock block. That seems fair.
I am putting a Detroit diesel in mine, we will see what happens when I pull it off the trailer. LOL
 What rules do your clubs run with?

Sponsored Links

acd17toy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd17toy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 6:34pm

The pulling club I belong to has a engine rpm limit, for each brand of tractor. Rpm  limit is for that model of tractor no matter what engine is in the tractor.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 8:17pm
Our club only allows a stock engine for the Antique (1939 & older) and stock block for the stock classes. For the open classes you must have an engine of the same number of cylinders that will bolt in without modifications and running on the same fuel. No gas 6 cylinder Wd45s. For turbocharged tractors 4000 lbs and under there is a 280CID limit.  4500-5500 pounds a 414 CID limit above that a limit of 466CID. N/A engines are not restricted in the open classes. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:02am
We have mostly antique pulls near here, where I have attended. Now I am sure there are many engine mods and swaps that bolt in to give the owner more HP advantage too. I had fun last year with my fresh WD45. Was hoping to get this (WZ) old WD with the Gleaner Z code, in some classes but it doesnt look too good right now. 
I am not a engine/ HP builder. To old to start chasing that now. Just tryin to see how these old orange tractors hold up. I think if the tractors in the calss are all pretty much stock the Allis WD series does pretty well.
As for rules. We have one pull that checks RPM. The rest its only drawbar height and tractor/ driver weight for the class.
Still have fun after a couple years playing this game. 
Big competition, well not for me, there will always be someone that will out do ya!
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
frnkeore View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frnkeore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 2:58am
These are the USAP & Farm Fresh rules that we run under:

USAP General Rules
All Classes 3500# to 8500# Classes (Effective 1-1-07)
This is not a rule change - only a clarification: NO front mount fuel tanks, home made wide front axles, aluminum wheels front or rear allowed in Farm Stock.

1. Drivers must be 14 years of age or older. Those under 18 years of age must
have parental/guardian permission.
2. Drivers must stay on the seat of the tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering
wheel, hand clutch, or throttle. Feet must stay on platform at all times during the pull.
3. Any tractor or puller found to be unsafe or illegal may be disqualified or barred from hooking.
No alcoholic beverages will be permitted during pull.
4. Any tractor parts falling off (weight fly wheel, covers, etc.) while hooked to sled will be disqualified.
6. Wheelie bars are required. Materials used must be strong enough to support the weight of the
tractor when a jack is placed under the pad. Each pad must be at minimum of 5" square.
The pad must extend past the edge of the tire diameter by a minimum of 2". The distance
between the wheelie bars must be at minimum 24" from the outside edge of each pad.
7. Any tractor can pull in a maximum of three classes (one hook per class). Promoter can
add amount of hooks per pull.
8. Draw bars will have a maximum height of 20" and no less than 18" from center of axle to hook
point. Must be stationary in all directions. The hitch hold must allow hook point to flow
freely and be parallel with the ground.
9. Weights must not extend rearward beyond rear tires and cannot be more than 11 feet from the
center of the rear axle to furthest point forward. Must be stock wheelbase--cannot be altered.
10. No radial tires. No steel wheels. Two wheel drive only. No duals.
11. Tractors must be naturally aspirated. All tractors must have a working safety kill switch.
12. Gas, diesel or LP fuels only. No alcohol or nitrous oxide fuels maybe used in tractors. Gas
is allowed with a maximum of 750 specific gravity. All tractors are subject to random fuel
checks. Tractors manufactured to use diesel fuel only cannot be converted to gas or LP.
13. Fan-guards on all tractors (side shield or fan shield). Mandatory.
14. RPMs and MPH will be checked from 1/2 track until the pull is completed. RPMs allowed
will be determined by the M&W chart. Any tractor not listed will use manufacturer's data.
20% margin of error will be permitted for all classes. All tractors must have a working governor.
Track judge will have final decision.
USAP General Rules
All Classes 3500# to 8500# Classes (Effective 1-1-07)
15. Tractors must have the Stock Ag engine, frames, transmission, rear end and axle housing
or manufacturer's replacement. No adapter plates allowed for engine. Transmission -
front end to bolt up.
Super Farm Stock Class Only -- Radiators, front end, fuel tanks, etc., must be original location.
Front tire must be Ag tires and 14" or larger. No aluminum wheels front or rear. no home made front
axles.
CLASSES:
--Massey 33, Oliver 77, and like size tractors are not allowed below 4000#.
--Oliver 88, Farmall M, Massey 44, MM-U, JD-G, Case-C/D, JD- JD-A and up and like size
tractors not allowed in classes below 4500#.
16. Enhanced electrical systems permitted in all classes. No rev limiter allowed.
17. Heads, blocks (jugs), manifolds must be the same manufacturer as the crank case and frame
Replacement manufacturer allowed. home made blocks, jugs or heads are not allowed.
18. Any Ag type carburetor allowed. Must be single barrel and throat and draft direction as originally
manufactured.
19. Spacer plates and girdles will have no more than 1" above and below the center line of the
crank shaft 2" total.
20. Any jerking of sled or side stepping clutch will result in disqualification.
21. All USAP pulls will run only USAP classes and weight of scales will be at zero tolerance.
22. Judge's or promoter's decision is final at all times during the pull.
23. Tractor must stay in bounds at all times.

USAP Classes
1959 & Older
All classes must have stock sheet metal, hoods, & wheelbase
Farm Stock (or 3 mph class)
1. Farm Stock will run any gear. (3MPH max).
2. Tires sizes 15.5 x 38 max, or 14.9 x 30, 16.9 x 28 (16" rim max).
18.4 x 38 7000#-8500# (16" rim max).
Front tires must be at least 14" and AG tires (3 Rib or Multi-Rib allowed).
3. Top cut tires allowed. - No front edge cut allowed.
4. Stock sheet metal and hoods. Stock wheel base.
5. 1959 and older.

Modified Stock (or 4 mph class)
1. Modified Stock will run any gear (4MPH max).
2. Tire size will be 18.4 x 38. Cut tires allowed.
3. Stock sheet metal and hoods. Stock wheel base.
4. 1959 and older.

Pro Stock (or 6 mph class)
1. Pro Stock will run any gear (6MPH max).
3. Stock sheet metal and hoods. Stock wheel base.
4. Dead man throttles, except hand clutch tractors (hand must
be on the clutch while pulling) are recommended.
5. 1959 and older.

Super Pro Stock (or 8 mph class)
1. Super Pro Stock will run any gear (8MPH max).
3. Must run side shields 1/16" steel or 1/8" aluminum.
5. Dead man throttles, except hand clutch tractors (hand must
6. 1959 and older.

Open Pro Stock (or 12 mph class)
1. Open Pro Stock will run any gear (12 MPH max).
3. Must run side shields 1/16" steel or 1'8" aluminum.
5. Dead man throttles, except hand clutch tractors (hand must
6. 1959 and older.

2017 Bone stock - Farm fresh tractor rules
1 Maximum 2 MPH.
2 Original drawbar will be factory height not to exceed 18 inches.
3 Weight bracket not to exceed 20 inches in front of tractor.
4 Wheelie bars are not required.
5 Any modifications to tractor will move that tractor to USAP class.

Edited by frnkeore - 10 Jul 2020 at 3:06am
Frank
1959 D17 Series I #24001+, '59 D14
'55 & '59 Ford 850 & 861
Ferguson TO 35 Deluxe, Oliver 70 and 5 more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic