Forum Description: Forum dedicated to Tractor and Garden Pulling
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70545
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 10:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Why wc for pullers
Posted By: farmer_rob
Subject: Why wc for pullers
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 8:40pm
I have noticed that there are alot of wc's made into pullers when you can just use wd45. Are they perfered because they can use any 226 and be reduced weight wise alot more then a wd45?

-------------
if farming was easy everybody would be doing it

Replies:
Posted By: AaronSEIA
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 8:56pm
Lighter to start with, a LOT cheaper to buy up front, the engine can have anything done to it that you can do to a 226.  I'm sure others will come up with more reasons.
AaronSEIA

Posted By: Larry(OH)
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 9:01pm
its what I had laying around...my grandpa's old tractor

-------------
'40 WC puller,'50 WD puller,'50 M puller '65 770 Ollie

*ALLIS EXPRESS contact*

I can explain it to you, BUT I cannot understand it for you!!

Posted By: Kip-Utah
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:06pm
We just happened to have WCs when we decided to go pulling, but my observations are that WC based pullers seem to have some natural advantages over the WD/WD45 based pullers. We have a lot better win loss record against the later model A-Cs than we do against other WCs! Kip 

-------------
HANSEN'S OLD ORANGE IRON. Showing, Pulling, & Going!!

Posted By: WCCLASON
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:06pm
I just like the transmissions....love them and they are so simple. Plus i have a soft spot for the Unstyled WC i have two....I am just finishing the build of one. Ill post you a picture.

Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:10pm

Posted By: mike a
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 10:27pm
nice un-styled,why are yor rear tires facing back-wards?btw,i prefer wc cuz there is no hand clutch to slip,like my wd did.

Posted By: nborga87
Date Posted: 19 May 2013 at 11:10pm
Wcclason- I saw pics over on Facebook of your tractors. You got them both looking good!

Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 11:36am
Thanks guys....I just happen to have them on that way for now...Got them off now getting different tires put on them. Some guys run them backwards on black top to sharpen the front edge for dirt....We cant mod./cut are tires but if they get shape from running them backwards or so called road worn they are ok....

Posted By: mlpankey
Date Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:58pm
I have a 37 unstyled wc on steel . Traded a 026 stihl chainsaw I built for it  the chainsaw has a custom dome piston in it we made run well  and has been for a couple of years .had 135 dollars in saw.  I pull a wd .  

-------------
people if they don't already know it you can't tell them. quote yogi berra

Posted By: firephight
Date Posted: 22 May 2013 at 2:28pm
I currently have a wd45 but want to build a unstyled wc.like the looks of a unstyled

Posted By: mike a
Date Posted: 23 May 2013 at 8:54am
1940 wc,e-gleaner,rc rear-end,15.5x38's-get the boy graduated on sunday and then go pullin!life iz good!

Posted By: Gary in da UP
Date Posted: 27 May 2013 at 8:45pm

Not noted yet, but there is not a better bare-bones tractor to start pulling than a WC. It has Sherman step- up or down aux. trans available and lower ratio ring and pinion sets from an RC, and the patrol versions that few other makes / models  have so easily available. Easy to stroke and over bore.  Sturdy, light, and capable.

Date Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:23pm
yup your right. 65hp in a 4.5 x 4.125 motor..stock tractor that weights 3000 lbs....Not much can touch it in the light classes. I want to keep playing with this new one of mine and try to pull up to 5000 maybe 5500...so I need to do something for gearing soon if I actually go that route.

Posted By: wlenoir
Date Posted: 28 May 2013 at 9:36pm
Another thing that has not been mentioned is rules. A WD isn't allowed to pull under 4500 here in western ky.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net