Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30965
Printed Date: 25 Jun 2024 at 9:30pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: G "Cabbage Cutter"
Posted By: oldironguy
Subject: G "Cabbage Cutter"
Date Posted: 18 May 2011 at 4:24pm
I recently acquired the "cabbage cutter" shown in the attached photos.  i've only seen one other and both were highly modified with pieces torched off and obviously shop made brackets.  My unit has seven units on a drawbar plus two units for the furrowing bar.  Who made these?  Was it Allis? Does anybody have any literature or parts information for them?  Thanks

Dick

Replies:
Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 18 May 2011 at 8:37pm
I don't think Allis made them.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Posted By: Jim Lindemood
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:40am
Don't think Allis made them -- but they are pretty neat. Would be a nice addition for my G --- LOL.

Posted By: ibleedorange
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 6:21pm
Nothing in the implement manual. Does look Allis either.

-------------
Tractors; If it runs, use it. Motorcycles: Ride em like today is your last day.

Posted By: Bill Long
Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 8:46pm
As I said some time back the G was a wonderful unit for odd jobs.  Implements could be fashioned very easily.  All it took was a job to be done and imigination and vision. 
We made a bunch of implements to fit the G to fill a special need.  We asked when we sold them tell us your culitiavtion or special harvest needs.  We will adapt what we have or make what we do not have to do your job.  Sold us a lot of G's.
This implement was not made by Allis Chalmers.  However, the second picture looks somwhat familiar like an independent gang cultivator.  Not made by Allis Chalmers but adapted from an Allis Chalmers Design.  Just bigger.
Neat implement.
Good Luck!
Bill Long

Date Posted: 19 May 2011 at 9:13pm
Thanks everyone.  I suspected this was not made by Allis.  In some ways it is similar to the independent gang cultivator but if Allis had made it they would probably have used the same wheel/tire stdructure as the independent gang cultivator and built off the 60" double toolbar frame or the 80" single toolbar.
I've only seen three of these units, two in central Wisconsin and one in lower Michigan.  That suggests a Midwest manufacturer.  Any ideas about who that might be? Buddingh perhaps?
It looks to me like the individual units may have been made for some other mounting system then adapted to a toolbar that fit the G.

Posted By: Herb(GA)
Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:32am
A very impressive piece of equipment, and appears in good condition.   How about a couple more photos of it.   Herb

Date Posted: 20 May 2011 at 8:14am
Thanks Herb.

I'm on the road for a few days.  I'll shoot more pix when I get home.

Dixk

Posted By: Dusty MI
Date Posted: 21 May 2011 at 6:47am
I have a loose leaf book by Jensales that's a copy of 9 Operators Manuals for Model G Implements.

G Fertilizer, Field Cultivator, 1 Row Comb.Pltr, 1 Row Cultivator, 60,80 in. Tool Bar, #4 Mower, R & L Front Mounted. Plow, Fertilizer Side Diver, Front Mounted Plow, Ground & Power Seeders, 1 Row Bedder.

It shows the right and left disc plows, #37 Slat bottom, #24 bottom, #124 left & right, #325 left & right bottom.

I also have an Implements Parts Book that shows #331, 332, & 333 plow bottoms, both left and right, which take the modern Bullet Share. I have never seen one of these, but sure would like to have a set.

Dusty

-------------
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net