Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24227
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 6:40am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Thinking of last fall pics
Posted By: Chris WI
Subject: Thinking of last fall pics
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:48am
I am just sitting here watching it snow and got to thinking about last falls plow day. I have some pictures of my rig. My dad is driving. 

Replies:
Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 11:53am
Great pictures!

Nice set up with the 4 bottom snap coupler, does the plow do a good job?
Seems like the local farmers here had issues with the 4 bottom snap couplers, wondering what your opinions on them are.

Posted By: John D
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 12:01pm
Very nice!

Posted By: R.W
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 12:22pm
Nice Rig!

-------------
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:05pm
Chris...That's a very nice D19 gas you have there! Thanks for sharing!  Rick

Posted By: jmm
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 1:50pm
nice place

Posted By: Chris WI
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 4:59pm
Don, the tractor almost drives itself! It is a little heavy on head ends but with the wide front not to bad.  The traction booster works perfect. What problems did farmers by you have?

Posted By: powertech84
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:15pm

Very pretty farm. I love that area of the state.

Posted By: omahagreg
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:18pm
Nice!

-------------
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader

Posted By: Roddo
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:21pm
I love it.  I have been seeing a lot of D19's lately and its making me want one more and more.  What a great looking tractor you have there.

Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Chris WI Chris WI wrote:

Don, the tractor almost drives itself! It is a little heavy on head ends but with the wide front not to bad.  The traction booster works perfect. What problems did farmers by you have?

I stopped by a local farmers last september. I told him I would like a 4 bottom snap coupler someday. He told me, " You would be better off letting pigs in the field rootin around." He told me that the 4 bottom didn't work well for him.

His soil type could be different than yours. Or maybe he didn't know the correct adjustments to make it run well.

Thanks again for the pictures! Makes me want a 4 bottom again!

Posted By: Lonn
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Don(MI) Don(MI) wrote:

Originally posted by Chris WI Chris WI wrote:

I stopped by a local farmers last september. I told him I would like a 4 bottom snap coupler someday. He told me, " You would be better off letting pigs in the field rootin around." He told me that the 4 bottom didn't work well for him.

His soil type could be different than yours. Or maybe he didn't know the correct adjustments to make it run well.

Thanks again for the pictures! Makes me want a 4 bottom again!

Might depend on which bottoms you have. I have a 4 bottom just about like what is pictured above and it does an excellent job of plowing. I think the bottoms are #375. It plow real nice and is a perfect match for my brothers D17. Also have a 2 bottom that if you plow on a side hill the plowed dirt sometimes will tip back into the furrow. Totally different bottoms. In stubble the 2 bottom does fine but not so fine in sod. The 4 bottom does fine in every soil type I've tried.

-------------
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot

Posted By: TerryMtAuburnIA
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 7:54pm
very nice tractor. it looks new.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net