Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=23887
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 3:26pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: SC Blade Cutting Edge?
Posted By: AaronSEIA
Subject: SC Blade Cutting Edge?
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:03pm
So, my new extensions work great.  The only problem is my center cutting edge is wore probably 3/4-1".  The extensions do some serious cutting in my gravel and lawn.  I rememeber a post a while ago about a source for a new cutting edge.  Anyone know what that was?  Also need a source for the plow bolts that hold it on.  Looks to be 5/8"x2.  Short term fix will probably be some kind of pad in the center to hold the edges a bit high.
AaronSEIA

Replies:
Posted By: AaronH
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:21pm
I got mine from CAT dealer, or Fabco. They had the bolts too. Cant find the receipt as it had the part number on it.

Posted By: EricTn
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:21pm
It seems like someone posted CAT had an edge that would fit! Were the original edges reversible, as in turning it over?

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:32pm
I should run out and look, but I think the bolts ride a bit higher than center.
AaronSEIA

Posted By: Darb210
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 4:50pm
cat part #8d2786, bought one a couple years ago, exact fit

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 5:11pm
Super, thanks for the number.  Now to find a place cheaper than Cat to buy it from. 
AaronSEIA

Posted By: Dave (NE)
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 7:04pm
In an old Old Allis News magazine there is an ad for new cutting edges for the regular blade and for the extensions.  Also list bolts and nuts.  $55 for the blade edge.  Suppose to contact Bruce Falk, 1105 Nicholson, Joliet, IL 60435.  Phone number 815-726-6455 or email mailto:bbfalk@aol.com - bbfalk@aol.com .  Note, this was from an OAN a couple of years ago.  Also, I've gotten the bolts locally at Fastenal.  Can't remember, but seemed the price was reasonable.  Dave

Posted By: Allen Dilg
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 7:10pm
   Helllo Arron      Dave {NE}  has the correct info,   since your looking PLEASE post who or where you find the best deal.   Thank you in advance     Allen

Posted By: 49WF
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 7:31pm

Just looked up the 8d2786 number, $100 bucks and weighs 50lbs .       

Cat edges are harder than others.

-------------
More than I need

Posted By: Matt MN
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 9:14pm
That is not a bad price. Price the smaller cutting edges for a BOSS snow plow. More than that for each side

-------------
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!

Posted By: Eldon (WA)
Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 9:20pm
Seems like Bruce's price was a bit higher than that the last time he advertised them....but I could be wrong.

-------------
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:

Date Posted: 11 Jan 2011 at 9:59pm
Is that the official Cat we don't know you price, or the county discount price?  I found a pdf file fro a town in Tx with a price of $102 per, but I thought that a city buying 8 of them might get a better deal than me buying one.  Found several shady looking companies selling construction cutting edges, most likelt overseas steel of poor quality, but no prices.  Sent an e-mail to the gentleman in Il, will post his reply if I recieve one.
AaronSEIA

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 5:44am
Aaron...If the cutting edge is coming from overseas from China,it might not be of poor steel quality...they seem to be getting all of our steel!  Rick

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 7:40am
I got a reply back from Bruce.  He no longer sells the edge.  That leaves the Cat dealer for a new one.
AaronSEIA

Posted By: darrel in ND
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 7:49am
Once again, very good information that I'll need down the road, will put somewhere where  that I'll know where it is at, and won't have a clue where it is when I need a new cutting edge for my blade!! LOL Darrel

Posted By: KenBWisc
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 9:06am
Check your local county shop for "scrap" cutting edges. I got mine, brand new, for little more than nothing because it was a piece too short fro them to use. 

-------------
'34 WC #629, '49 G, '49 B, '49 WD, '62 D-19, '38 All Crop 60 and still hunting!

Posted By: JoeB
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 10:06am
There was a guy that posted on the "old" Forum about sliceing i think a three or four inch metal pipe long ways and tacking to old cutting edge. Said this helped "roll" rather than dig with the blade. Just an idea....HNY!

Posted By: Bill (E.C.MO)
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 10:31am
Aaron,

You might want to check with Cohn:  http://www.scohn.com - www.scohn.com

In my business we buy a lot of cutting edges, undercarriage parts, etc., and consistently get good price and quality from them. 

-------------
A-C's currently on the farm: B, CA, 2 D-17 D's, One Eighty, ass't implements.

Posted By: Mike Kroupa
Date Posted: 12 Jan 2011 at 11:13am
The part number that I used from CAT was 7T-1633H, 6'X6"X 5/8, I used two cutting edges, one for the blade and then cut the other one in two pieces for the extensions, had to do some drilling for a couple holes for the extensions, but it work out perfectly. Price was 60.72 a piece back in 2002. hth, Mike

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net