Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=203023
Printed Date: 18 Sep 2024 at 11:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TEMU,,,,???
Posted By: desertjoe
Subject: TEMU,,,,???
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 4:27am
 I see lots of ads for different products that "look" like some regular products,,,but at some very low prices,,,,? Just wondering of any one here has purchased any and what was quality,,,or this a big scam,,,?

Replies:
Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 5:50am
My wife has bought a few things from Temu. You have to be very careful and read ALL of the fine print. I think everything she bought was clothes but we've heard some "nightmare" (some of them funny) stories. Can't remember what it was but somebody bought a "to good to be true" deal and when they got it, they bought a picture of the item they thought was such a deal. They tried to get money back but when they read the fine print, it plainly said "this is a photograph".

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 5:54am
I have bought some stuff (indoor/outdoor thermometers and small parts plastic trays).  So far I am happy with what I bought. Very cheap prices and relatively quick shipping (they must have warehouses in the USA).

I have a friend that is a USPS rural mail delivery person. She says she has a lot of their merchandise to deliver.

Posted By: jaybmiller
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:07am
I've had GREAT luck in buying from TEMU. Under counter LED strips, IDE/ATA to USB interface, foamy insoles,gardening watering connectors,'Q-tips', bandaids, electronic modules,4.5" sandpaper disks,bicycle front LED light,LEDs for tractor,drain uncloggers,magnets. yeesh all sorts of 'must haves'. Also bought a 'mason jar cold coffee filter' for 1/4 of what Amazon listed the SAME thing for !
Prices are very good,though I do get nailed GST(Cdn taxes...grrrr), free shipping, delivery is within 2 weeks. Quality is standard,same as stuff in 'bricks and motor' stores here,just a LOT cheaper.
Used to buy from BANGGOOD, mostly electronic modules, but then found out TEMU have the SAME products at a lower cost, so I jumped ship. All in all,TEMU has  worked out for me,usually order once a month,sometime twice .

-------------
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water

Posted By: PaulB
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:14am
Cheap Chinese goods direct from China without any middlemen. Happy to see everyone fully gleefully supporting China's communist economy.

-------------
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
Real pullers don't have speed limits.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:30am
hay Paul, whose 'smart phone' or TV do you own ? Or pickup truck, or lithium powered tools ? Dang just TRY to buy NOT Made in China, let alone Made locally any more !
I submit it'd be extremely hard to NOT buy from China.

-------------

Posted By: Tbone95
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:51am
TEMU is and has been investigated for malware and spyware. It can override privacy settings, and sells your data. The US and state governments are suing them for various reasons, including forced labor. Personally, I’ll stay away. Temu: when Walmart just isn’t cheap and Chinese enough for you!

Posted By: GeneD14
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:33am
Once in a while I listen to the Kim Komando show. She discusses the latest tech trends.
Please read this article on her website that explains Temu. 

https://www.komando.com/tips/software-and-apps/temu-security-concerns/" rel="nofollow - Why you must delete the dangerous shopping app Temu ASAP (komando.com)

Posted By: klinemar
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:37am
Temu is directly associated with the Chinese Communist Party.Temu and Tik Tok I stay away from!

Posted By: Michael V (NM)
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 11:59am
I may hafta get China stuff,, but I do stay away from temu and I don't do tic-toc, for reasons I've heard of spyware/malware
Yea,, lot of that Temu stuff looks to good to be true,, another reason to stay away...

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 12:05pm
Wow! This really turned into a peepee slapping in quite a hurry! Really appreciate you fellas directing me on how my family should spend our money. Let me guess, you're just trying to help?

-------------
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Wow! This really turned into a peepee slapping in quite a hurry! Really appreciate you fellas directing me on how my family should spend our money. Let me guess, you're just trying to help?
if you took what I said that way, I’m sorry it came across that way. You may spend your money however you choose as long as you don’t sign me up for something!

But yes, I was sharing what I know about TEMU to try to help. You may ignore it.

Posted By: Walker
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 2:39pm
Keep em  busy  filling out shipping labels and hope it takes their minds off playing around with killer pandemics such as Covid and having them and Fauci giving it to us. Kinda  kewl having a few things around you can honestly say were built by 6 year old orphans and convicts who were most likely paid maybe a chicken or a duck every month too. Possibly a dog carcass as a bonus also at Christmas and Thanksgiving.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

Temu: when Walmart just isn’t cheap and Chinese enough for you!

No offense huh?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

Temu: when Walmart just isn’t cheap and Chinese enough for you!

No offense huh?

Correct. Was meant as a joke. Again, I’m sorry you took it that way. I don’t know what else to say.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 4:13pm
Some of the guys that say they won't buy from Temu also tell about buying from Harbor Freight where almost EVERYTHING they sell comes from China.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 4:22pm
It must the the 'app' you download onto your MADE IN CHINA 'smart phone' as their website doesn't do anything bad using a real desktop.

As for selling your information , nearly EVERY 'app' does that ( read the TOU ), YOU gave them permission to do so.... same as Amazon, Google, all Apple stuff, etc.

BTW Chinese would not have had COVID-19 without the direct consent of some Americans.

-------------

Posted By: bemer848
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 4:22pm
I have bought weed eater gas line, rechargeable flashlights and a few other things from them. Been happy so far. It just cuts out the middleman. If I could have gotten it made in USA I would.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

It must the the 'app' you download onto your MADE IN CHINA 'smart phone' as their website doesn't do anything bad using a real desktop.

As for selling your information , nearly EVERY 'app' does that ( read the TOU ), YOU gave them permission to do so.... same as Amazon, Google, all Apple stuff, etc.

BTW Chinese would not have had COVID-19 without the direct consent of some Americans.

So you’re good with them being sued for forced labor then I suppose? Cuz you do have all the answers of course.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

Some of the guys that say they won't buy from Temu also tell about buying from Harbor Freight where almost EVERYTHING they sell comes from China.

NNNNNNope. I admit, I did step foot in there once in an urgent matter. But they didn’t have what I needed.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 6:44pm
I went in to use the restroom once but then I noticed the suction pipe from the drinking fountain led to the same ditch.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 7:17pm
I don't know who has sued them, what the case is about.
If it is forced labour it's only because hey don't have a generous welfare system like the USA does.

wonder if the antiTEMU guys have ever bought from AMAZON ?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 7:48pm

If it is forced labour it's only because hey don't have a generous welfare system like the USA does.

... or absolutely ANYTHING that is made in China.  It's virtually impossible to not buy things made in China.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 7:50pm
Some kind of Communist brain washing or mind control involved with Temu when every item says only two left, better hurry then next day all items say stock of maby 15 be happy in your shopping and prosper, following day right back to only 2 left better hurry. I'm still trying to cypher out the Burma Road and don't need this.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:18pm

Gee ‘Jay’…. Maybe you could look into it a bit. Doesn’t take much effort. Y’all so anti google, must be something for Google to disassociate . But hay, you saved a buck. Sigh.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:20pm
You all really think my imagination is that good?

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:33pm
I don’t know how to insert links from my phone, it’s easy on the computer. Especially without my glasses on!

Arkansas is suing for unfair business and the spyware malware issue.

There’s a Select Committee investigating forced slave labor. This stuff is easy to find.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:35pm
If you can be bothered to check any of it out and still want to do your business with them then have at it.

Posted By: Heds43
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

I see lots of ads for different products that "look" like some regular products,but at some very low prices,,,,? Just wondering of any one here has purchased any and what was quality,,,or this a big scam,,,?
I tried TEMU for the first time and i cried, their products are to cheap and very obvious to be scamAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Posted By: Heds43
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:41pm

I see lots of ads for different products that "look" like some regular products,,,but at some very low prices,,,,? Just wondering of any one here has purchased any and what was quality,,,or this a big scam,,,?
I tried Temu for the first time and i cant advice people to use it, their products are too cheap to be trueAngry

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Heds43 Heds43 wrote:

I see lots of ads for different products that "look" like some regular products,but at some very low prices,,,,? Just wondering of any one here has purchased any and what was quality,,,or this a big scam,,,?
I tried TEMU for the first time and i cried, their products are to cheap and very obvious to be scamAngryAngryAngryAngryAngryAngry

Talk about scams. This guy joined yesterday.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Walker Walker wrote:

I went in to use the restroom once but then I noticed the suction pipe from the drinking fountain led to the same ditch.

OH MY GAWD,!!!,,,what the heck did I start,,,??
 This one is FUNNY,,,tho,,,,,,,Wink
  PEACE  Guys,,,,,,Clap

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 9:37pm
I think everyone is saying there are different levelsl of "BAD"... Obviously we would all like to "BUY AMERICAN" a much as possible.. That is not possible for many item. Just not worth building something in the USA that cost $9. to build and sells for  $9.10 ....

Wal Mart, Harbor Freight, Amazon... all sell "STUFF" made in China.. They also have US distributors of the STUFF and offer warranty, 30 day returns and guarantees...  I dont know TEMU business profile, but i think they probably dont meet the same standards.  

I do know that the wife has bought a variety of little items and has not had problems.. That being said, i question the "LEGIT" of Tic Toc and TEMU and their relation to the CCP in CHina..

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2024 at 10:57pm
 I went to El Paso to visit my #3 Son and he had a TEMU card,,or rather "Used to have" a TEMU card and would not elaborate why he cut his card up recently but he did say that his card started to show some "WEIRD ChIT and at least 150 of the men working at that oil well field  had done likewise,,,,? His serious advice was,,,"DAD, Dont get a temu card!!" He's pretty computor savey,,so I figure he knows what he's talking about,,,,?

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2024 at 3:13pm
TEMU card ???
Yeesh I don't have one,heck after 5-7 years of buying I SHOULD have one !
Must be a smartphone thing ???

-------------

Posted By: ac fleet
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 12:40pm
I heard its a scam,---but everything on the internet is a scam anymore!

-------------
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 12:58pm

... Temu: when Walmart just isn’t cheap and Chinese enough for you!

I guess the sentiment is that we shouldn't buy Chinese merchandise, so I researched a little.

I guess we are all only using Ridgid cordless tools?

Milwaukee tools today are manufactured globally in China, Germany, Mexico, the United States, and Vietnam.

Most DEWALT tools are made in China, Taiwan, and other Asian countries. However, they have a select line of products that are assembled in the USA, but from international materials.

In addition to its existing production bases in the United States and Europe, beginning in 2005, Ryobi established production locations in China, Mexico and Thailand, reinforcing its vertically integrated system to be more global.

.The Ridge Tool Company is an American manufacturing company that makes and distributes tools under the Ridgid brand name. The company was founded in 1923 in North Ridgeville, Ohio. In 1943, it relocated to its current location in Elyria, Ohio, and in 1966, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Emerson Electric.

Posted By: LouSWPA
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 2:23pm
I didn't read all the posts on this, so maybe I am late to the party. I have purchased a couple of things from Temu, quality is OK, price is cheap, one item I had to wait two months for as it shipped directly from China. All that said, my payment went directly to China. I have decided not to do business with them on that basis alone.  I juts can't live with myzelf  making China stronger as we grow weaker. Others may see it differently....so be it.

-------------
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27

Posted By: D19allisowner
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 5:36pm
I go to the local hardware store quite often and I find that most things in there are also made in china as well. So how do you get away from it.

-------------
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

I go to the local hardware store quite often and I find that most things in there are also made in china as well. So how do you get away from it.

It's getting harder and harder, my friend! Hopefully Trump will put some meaningful import tariffs on them, and/or force them into accepting an equal value of imports from us to them.

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 7:11pm
If they put a tariff on imported goods, who do you think is going to pay that tariff? The consumer (you and I) will pay it. It's great to think that tariffs will be the cure all, but the big companies can't hire enough people to produce more. Everyone has Help Wanted signs out.

There are local companies that have jobs that pay very well, that are advertising on TV to hire. These are the same companies that it was almost impossible to get a job at a few years, unless you had a friend or relative that would recommend you.

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

If they put a tariff on imported goods, who do you think is going to pay that tariff? The consumer (you and I) will pay it. It's great to think that tariffs will be the cure all, but the big companies can't hire enough people to produce more. Everyone has Help Wanted signs out.

There are local companies that have jobs that pay very well, that are advertising on TV to hire. These are the same companies that it was almost impossible to get a job at a few years, unless you had a friend or relative that would recommend you.

That's a different problem, that is a result of the government handing out gobs of our money, which also needs to be addressed. Why work when the gu'mnt keeps them in beer and pretzels, put a roof over their heads, pay for their medical care, pays their utilities and gives them phones, etc. I agree tariffs alone are not the answer, but we cannot continue to allow China to dump their stuff on us while buying nothing from us. And we cannot continue to allow our ability to produce stuff to die of atrophy. The US was primarily responsible for the defeat of TOJO and Hitler in WWII simply due to our ability to produce. We not only supplied our own military, but Russia, Australia, UK, and others with war material. We currently couldn't supply our own needs to support a World War, let alone our allies for more than a few months! With the likes of China, Russia, and a few other countries looming large in the world we are living on borrowed time!

-------------
Wait for the Lord;

Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 8:03pm
On the world chessboard, China has been the master. 'Allows' foreign companies to it's cheap labour and raw materials (many imported from Canada and the USA ). 'Allow' American companies to market their  'low cost - must have' products, exclusively Made in China.Yes it's taken a few short decades but as Lou says, we can't feed,clothe,house or support our citizens unless the 'bits and pieces' say Made in China. OK, some other countries like India and Vietnam, but most is from one source.
This has made it EASY for them to take over North America. OK, not this decade but before 2050, I expect they will be in CONTROL

-------------

Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2024 at 8:11pm
Lou is right... GOVT stop passing out the FREE CHEESE... and EVERYBODY NEEDS a job and gets one... NO WORK.. NO EAT.... that solves the problem.

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.

Posted By: tadams(OH)
Date Posted: 09 Sep 2024 at 1:41pm
If China keeps buying up our farm land we are going to be in big trouble, especially when it beside all our military post so they can spy oh us.

Posted By: Ted J
Date Posted: 10 Sep 2024 at 11:27pm
Our Gubmint is the REAL reason this is happening.  THEY (pols) own big parts of these companies and WE paid to relocate them overseas.  Just so THEY could make MORE money.  We need a complete sweep.....

As WF Owner said, I have quit buying tools that are NOT Ridgid.  Ridgid has a LIFETIME guarantee on almost ALL their tools and BATTERIES!  I'll never have to buy a battery again!!

-------------
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 5:58am
re: I'll never have to buy a battery again!!

good thing, cause with the new tarifffs on them, you won't be able to AFFORD to buy them !
I suspect RIGID will alter the fine print on 'free batteries' fairly soon.

Yup, I got cynical when I turned seventy...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 6:28am
I think we have all (and I have contributed-sorry!) got off the topic, which was Temu.

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 6:37am
sad thing is I cannot buy batteries from TEMU...

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2024 at 6:37am
sad thing is I cannot buy batteries from TEMU...

there back on track !!!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net