Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=201613
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2024 at 2:24pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I600 hydraulic problems
Posted By: Thad in AR.
Subject: I600 hydraulic problems
Date Posted: 02 Jun 2024 at 8:27pm
First, one of the outrigger cylinders is leaking. It has the end cap welded on and the weld is leaking.
How should I go about fixing this?

Second, the Cessna rotary swing cylinder started leaking top and bottom.
Where can I get parts?

Replies:
Posted By: desertjoe
Date Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 8:32am

Hey Thad,,, I went thru similar repairs on the rotary swing cylinder and one of the backhoe's cylinders on my tractor some years ago,,,I went back to try to find my write up but couldn't find it,,,,WTH,,,,???
 There was a gentleman on here that I bought the new seals from for a complete overhaul of that rotary cylinder and his name and address were in my thread,,,(hope he's still around)

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 11:43am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Hey Thad,,, I went thru similar repairs on the rotary swing cylinder and one of the backhoe's cylinders on my tractor some years ago,,,I went back to try to find my write up but couldn't find it,,,,WTH,,,,???
 There was a gentleman on here that I bought the new seals from for a complete overhaul of that rotary cylinder and his name and address were in my thread,,,(hope he's still around)

Yes hoping

Date Posted: 03 Jun 2024 at 3:52pm
I once saw a write up on converting one of these to cylinders. Anybody know anything about that?

Date Posted: 04 Jun 2024 at 12:51pm
I found an Agco parts number 837180M92
$736.00
Is there a way to see if this is correct?

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2024 at 12:27am
The end cap on cylinder seems to be a common problem and clean and weld it up is the solution . On my hoe off my HD4 both cylinder end caps cracked next to barrel of cylinder , I just v ground the joint and welded it up without disassembling cylinder by moving piston to full extend . 
 Left some posts on your other post on the Cessna motor 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Date Posted: 10 Jun 2024 at 5:22am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

The end cap on cylinder seems to be a common problem and clean and weld it up is the solution . On my hoe off my HD4 both cylinder end caps cracked next to barrel of cylinder , I just v ground the joint and welded it up without disassembling cylinder by moving piston to full extend . 
 Left some posts on your other post on the Cessna motor 

So I don’t have to disassemble the cylinder?
I’ll give this a try.
Thank you Coke.

Posted By: Coke-in-MN
Date Posted: 10 Jun 2024 at 11:37am
With cylinder off machine and ports open so any content left in cylinder can gas off , just clean up area and V out part of old weld and carefully lay a bead over area for repair . 

-------------
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2024 at 5:19am
Originally posted by Coke-in-MN Coke-in-MN wrote:

With cylinder off machine and ports open so any content left in cylinder can gas off , just clean up area and V out part of old weld and carefully lay a bead over area for repair . 

Thank you Coke.
I’ve been using it hard lately . Things are starting to show their age.
I have some work to do for sure.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net